Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI MIMO record video to SD card instead of internal storage
1882 6 2020-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martin.ferenec
lvl.2
Slovenia

Is there any news on adding an option to record directly to the SD card instead of internal phone storage?
My problem is that I have only 4 GB left on the internal storage but the SD card has more than 60 GB of free space that is useless in this case.

2020-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Hi martin.ferenec, the storage location can be selected as long as your phone supports selecting. Please enter your Phone Settings and select the defaut storage location to SD Card. Then the picture and videos that Osmo Mobile 3 takes will be saved in SD Card.
2020-4-3
Use props
martin.ferenec
lvl.2
Slovenia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-3 23:19
Hi martin.ferenec, the storage location can be selected as long as your phone supports selecting. Please enter your Phone Settings and select the defaut storage location to SD Card. Then the picture and videos that Osmo Mobile 3 takes will be saved in SD Card.

I moved the app from Internal storage to the SD card and shot a test video in the app afterwards. It is still saving the video into the internal storage of my phone and not onto the SD card.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and other apps like Microsoft Office, Netflix,... do support saving its files onto the SD card.
2020-4-4
Use props
LeafPeeper
Second Officer
Flight distance : 377736 ft
United States

Mindy, even with a supported android phone, there is still no option to save video/pictures directly to an SD Card.   The DJI site says it is supported - which was critical when I bought the OSMO 3 - so now I plan to return it.   If you don't plan to support SD Card recording, then you should remove it from the specs and FAQ - because right now, it's false advertising.

LP
2020-4-11
Use props
SnitserNL
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-3 23:19

This is certainly not true, DJI Mindy, so please don't tell your customers otherwise. The Mimo app does not support saving to sd card, even if the smartphone supports selecting it.
All the other video apps on my phone support saving to sd card. The only app that does not allow this is the Mimo app.
2020-4-28
Use props
kkbeng5201
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi, May I know how to enable Mimo app store my photo/video recording direct to SD card without changing my phone default storage location to SD? Other Apps allowed users to change storage location to SD within their Apps itself.
2020-11-22
Use props
keltik85
lvl.1

Germany

Fucking piece of bull... crap. This thing is worthless without external storage.
I want to slap the fuck out of these stupid DJI software devs.
1-26 08:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules