can't balance sony rxV100 on vertical tilt axis ronin-sc
3524 3 2020-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

Hi -

So got the ronin-sc pro combo. But I can't seem to balance the vertical tilt. It does say the SonyRXV100 is a supported camera, so how do I do this?
I have it all the way back ("4") and it still flips back/forwards. What do I need to do to fix this (and is it safe to run the
ronin-sc with it flipping like this, or is it going to put a strain on the motors and wear it out?)

Thanks.

2020-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the difficulties on balancing, which lens are you using? It is recommended to remove all the accessories in the lens such as the filter, Lens hood and so on. Did you install the Riser Plate properly?

If there is no luck with the suggestion above, may we have a short video for further support?
riser plate.png

2020-4-4
Use props
djiguy001
lvl.4

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-4 01:02
Sorry for the difficulties on balancing, which lens are you using? It is recommended to remove all the accessories in the lens such as the filter, Lens hood and so on. Did you install the Riser Plate properly?

If there is no luck with the suggestion above, may we have a short video for further support?

Okay, thanks.

I think I figured it out on my  own - I thought the camera had to be 'perfectly' balanced (i.e., not move) on one of the axis. It seems that the gimbal can compensate if it is not 'perfect' but at least 'pretty good'.

Thanks.
2020-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiguy001 Posted at 4-5 15:33
Okay, thanks.

I think I figured it out on my  own - I thought the camera had to be 'perfectly' balanced (i.e., not move) on one of the axis. It seems that the gimbal can compensate if it is not 'perfect' but at least 'pretty good'.

Yes, the gimbal will adjust itself as well with Auto Tune. If there is any other concern, please feel free to let us know.
2020-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules