RC Signal Lost... AC Disconnect... RC Signal Lost... AC disco Etc...
1129 9 2020-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DavR
lvl.1
Spain

Good Morning.
I'm facing a severe poblem from my Remote Controller on Mavic Pro.

Mavic Pro Model M1P
Information from the DJI ASSISTANT 2 :
-RC Software Version : V01.04.0500
-Aircraft Software Version : V01.04.0500
Phone : Iphone 8 (or Ipad) with DJI GO 4 App V4.3.32

First here are the symptoms :

HISTORY :
Since many months, the RC and AC have hard time linking together, sometimes I have to restart both of them 5 times and be lucky they pair...
Last time I flew (26/02/2020), in a middle of the flight the RC lost signal (due to "weak antenna" or " strong interference" or "IMU...", didn't have time to read because the whole DJI GO4 App went dark screen to RC signal Lost).
The AC returned to home, I recover the preview/menu on the phone but I couldn't give any command to the Aircraft.
The app keeps on giving me "Command Timeout" message for any of my commands. Impossible to even land ! After 5 min I had to take out the AC battery in flight !
Went back home, watch the video I took, and as I was connected to a Wifi : the AC/Remote asked me to update the software to the latest version... I approved.
The update seemed successful.

NOW :
! The RC doesn't want to connect to the Aircraft !

1) When I'm not "lucky" : the Red warning "AC disconnected" message shows up on the App. Nothing I can do...

2) When I'm "more lucky" (or sometimes immediately after binding them via the DJI GO4 App) :
- I turn on the AC... then I turn on the RC... and they briefly connect together :
- I see on my App the preview, then immediately Red warning message : "RC signal Lost"...
- HOWEVER the App still showing "live" image of the camera, for about 10 sec...
- Then the message Red warning "AC disconnected" pop up briefly (1 sec) and screen goes black
- Then the Grey message "Disconnected" pop up briefly (1 sec)
- Then the RC vibrates and starts writing a digital message... "RC...S..." that does not reach the end...before getting back to "Connecting_"
- Then back to "RC signal Lost" with preview... 10 sec... "AC Disconnected"... "Disconnected"... Etc...

I read all the forum. And tried all the tricks...
With the DJI Assistant 2 : Downgrade/Upgrade/Reset to default factory... always end up "FAIL"
With the DJI Go Pro 4 : I used the binding fonction more than ever... it only allows me to be "more lucky" (cf above). I also cleared the Cache of the device. I also connected my account. I also deleted the app and reinstalled it.
With the SD card : I formatted it or try fly without it
With the cable : used the side port and the bottom port... with 2 different cables and 2 different devices.
With the Aircraft : I removed the SD card before turning it ON. I also switch from RC... to WIFI. On wifi I can fly the Aircraft. Thus I reset everything via the menu : the IMU... the gimbal... etc...

From the last sentence above, it seems my RC is bricked, the problem clearly comes from that device... since I can fly under Wifi.
However the option to fix a RC are limited : I tried DJI assistant 2... all reset failed... I tried draining the RC battery to 0... didn't solve anything.

Please... let me know if anyone ever face this problem (havent found any thread about it). Any solution... I'm a bit desperate.

Thanks a lot in advance.
2020-4-4
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

hi go to : http://dankdronedownloader.com/DDD2/app/
download firmware V01.04.0300_Mavic_dji_system.bin

Now go to https://github.com/jezzab/DUMLdore and download Dumldore (zip) and unzip it to c:\
follow instruction here:
https://dji.retroroms.info/howto/dumldore

Now start Mavic Pro (wait untill booted), start Dumldore, connect USB from Mavic Pro into PC. Load firmware, flash firmware.
Do this twice.

Check if everything is Oke, then if you like you can patch your Mavic Pro with superpatcher.
https://dji.retroroms.info/howto/super-patcher
2020-4-5
Use props
DavR
lvl.1
Spain

Hello dji_MODDER,

From the first website, I'll select 'Mavic Pro 1 incl Platinum and alpine' - 'V01.4.0300' - 'RC", correct ?

Because it seems you asking me to patch the AC (V01.04.0300_Mavic_dji_system.bin)... but for me the remote is the faulty device...

Can you tell me a bit more about the objective here ?

Thanks a lot for your help
2020-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DavR, we are sorry to read the troubles with the RC, per the firmware version you provided, the firmware is matched. When the Aircraft Disconnected, please try to link them via the buttons: Press C1 Button, C2 Button and Record Button at the same time, and the Remote Controller will make a sound of "Beep----Beep-Beep", then press the link button to start linking.
If the issue keep existing and RC lost signal even the aircraft is right next to it, we recommend to send in the RC and the aircraft for the diagnosis. Please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-4-6
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Netherlands

The most of time is not correctly updated firmware. First do the AC and test it, if same thing do the RC.
2020-4-6
Use props
DavR
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-6 04:40
Hi DavR, we are sorry to read the troubles with the RC, per the firmware version you provided, the firmware is matched. When the Aircraft Disconnected, please try to link them via the buttons: Press C1 Button, C2 Button and Record Button at the same time, and the Remote Controller will make a sound of "Beep----Beep-Beep", then press the link button to start linking.
If the issue keep existing and RC lost signal even the aircraft is right next to it, we recommend to send in the RC and the aircraft for the diagnosis. Please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

Dear DJI Mindy,

Yes, I ve already tried this method...
C1, C2, then Record Button. The RC does the "Beep---Beep, Beep" (However the screen doesnt indicate "Biinding" while it does sometimes when I use the App.... It keeps on showing "Connecting_"). Anyway after the sound, I go to the AC and push the link button on the side... it stays red and they are not linking...

What about the method from dji_MODDER about reinstalling the firmware (or an older version) via Dumbledore... It could be connected to my last update indeed. And DJI assistant 2 keeps on failing any downgrade or refresh or reset factory default...

Also, how does the DJI repair service/ticket works... I'll fill a report, send my AC and RC by mail for inspection (definitely they will find an issue ;)) and they will give me an estimate price of the repair... or how does it work ? My Mavic pack is barely use (screen sticker still on RC lol) but out of warranty.

Thanks a lot for your help moderator !
2020-4-7
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Netherlands

Don't expect that a DJI moderator like / cheer on the way I discribe a solution.
There are also more Forum's (https://mavicpilots.com/) where you can find your solution). Most of errors occur with updating FW (not 100 % complete) or device's of the Go4 app which aren't compatible.
Do what you like...
good luck
2020-4-7
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Netherlands

check  your PM
2020-4-8
Use props
DavR
lvl.1
Spain

Damn. I manage to record the app screen. And to take a video also of the AC/RC behavior. But not possible to upload any videos on this forum. Any option to send you those files @DJI moderator/official? Thanks
2020-4-8
Use props
DavR
lvl.1
Spain

Update : Had to send it back to DJI in NL.
Conclusion : the mother board of the RC that was cooked.
No warranty : 150€. A bit sad as I bearly used it and always protect the Remote.
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules