USB Wireless Mic
1557 8 2020-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SirGeorgeKillia
New
United States

Good morning everyone. I tried using the search function and was unsuccessful. I am looking to add a wireless mic or two and was looking at my options before I pulled the trigger on the Rode Go setup that most are using.
My searching brought me to a company called Saramonic which has a line called the Blink500. One of the products in that line is offered with a USB-C receiver which is advertised to work directly with USB-C devices without the need for any adaptors. I cannot, however, find anyone who has tried this with an Osmo Pocket. Is this compatible? If at all possible, I would like to minimize the number of adaptors and wires used.

https://www.saramonicusa.com/products/blink500b6

2020-4-4
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

No it's not compatible. Only the DJI Osmo Pocket audio adapter and so far one other third party USB C audio adapter is known to work with the Osmo Pocket. You could try it as you never know, but I would not be overly confident of success with it.
2020-4-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe contact the company and see if they have tested compatibility with the OP yet.  If not, volunteer to test a "loaner" for them.  Just an idea.
2020-4-4
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck with that but I too have not found any USB-C microphone that will work with the OP or OA.
2020-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Osmo Pocket supports external microphone but the Osmo Pocket 3.5mm Adapter is required, it's recommended to use audio-technica atr-6550, Rode VideoMic Pro, Rode VideoMicro, Azden sgm-990, Sennheiser MKE400, Sony ecm-ds70p, DJI fm-15 FlexiMic and other mainstream brands with 3.5mm microphones. We do not have the wireless mic can be recommended, you may have a try.
2020-4-4
Use props
Robb OConnor
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-4 06:27
No it's not compatible. Only the DJI Osmo Pocket audio adapter and so far one other third party USB C audio adapter is known to work with the Osmo Pocket. You could try it as you never know, but I would not be overly confident of success with it.

Could I please ask what 3rd party adapter works with OP because I thought only the DJI one worked?  
2020-4-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Robb OConnor Posted at 4-5 07:34
Could I please ask what 3rd party adapter works with OP because I thought only the DJI one worked?

There was one on Amazon UK a short while ago Is exactly the same shape as the Osmo Pocket one.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/GEEMEE- ... amp;sr=8-2&th=1
Be warned though some people have reported it is too loud.
2020-4-5
Use props
Robb OConnor
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-5 11:43
There was one on Amazon UK a short while ago Is exactly the same shape as the Osmo Pocket one.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/GEEMEE-Adapter-External-Microphone-Recording/dp/B07V3439KG/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=osmo%2Bpocket%2Baudio%2Badapter&qid=1586115463&sr=8-2&th=1
Be warned though some people have reported it is too loud.

Thank you I’ll have a look
2020-4-5
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hallo,

This one works for me. You just need some patience - especially now with all the Corona-problems:
Aliexpress

Greetings
2020-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules