26637 128 2020-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 4-19 15:34
They' are going to make a Mavic Mini Pro... it will be released soon.

It won't be an ultra light but I am pretty sure it's going to be close.

Ive got a bigger budget for my next drone although i wont be spending it with dji !I keep hearing on this forum its all about what you spend and you get what you pay for. And differnt drones are in different league. Mines better than yours bull... As a comunity we should be supporting one another regardless of what we fly instead of all this well it fell out of the sky because its a ??????. or your software didnt work because its a ??????. Everyone accepts that the mavic mini does have its limitations and there are far more expensive drones on  the market, that do a lot of different things, people do accept this.
2020-4-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

CrazeUK Posted at 4-19 14:59
I am quite new to the hobby and find some Mavic owners really up themselves.

I personally bought the Mavic mini, to

You make some very valid points there buddy ! people buy the mini for many reasons not just because its an entry level drone! i now fly my mini more than my phantom as, like you say i preffer portability,as most of my drone filming can be done within 500 metres. The mini fits the bill. The whole thread was started to see if they planned to add the raw facility into the end users tool box! They said they have no plans! so thats that it really? maybe in the future after pressure from consumers they may add it!
2020-4-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-6 05:19
Have you never heard the saying "The best camera is the one that you have."? The mini is no different then someone buying an A6000 and wanting to record nothing but cine footage. Everyone will say to just buy a Cine camera but not everyone can afford that, but if you are skilled/talented enough then the camera becomes a very small part of it.

Plenty of people have shown that you can use the mini to produce the same high level cinematic shots as DJI's other lineup, it comes down to skill and know how. Everyone starts somewhere and to criticize people who start with an entry level drone as a toy is wrong. That's your opinion to look at it like it's nothing but a toy but to the people who take it seriously it's a powerful tool, maybe one they never had access to before.

You make some great points there buddy!

As the end user its always good to ask questions as to what further development is planned for a certain model! Ok they probably wont tell you what plans they have in the future but no harm in asking. I actually own a phantom and never use the raw format as post processing isnt my first thought when taking a drone out! i personally can live without it! You hit the nail on the head at the end where you say dji wont open up and enable raw because it may have a commercial impact on the more expensive models? I have found with dji its all about the money not the customer.  
2020-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-19 21:47
its not photoshop although i have used photoshop type programs in the past ! The image had been manipulated! but felt the original poster who said he didnt want to be inpolite didnt warrant a serious answer, so simply said i didnt know what he meant ! And the clouds were from the same picture although the editted pictures where slightly different. Its about having fun with photography and thats what it is for me. if others dont like what i post then unfortunatly you cant please everyone all of the time!

Fully agree and you shouldn’t need to explain that you know how to edit a photo to your own choice IMO.

With regards to other drones being better, well simply put they are, will they give you better photos/footage, cameras create files nothing else photographers create pictures and video, I have seen at times much better footage taken from a mini than I have seen from a phantom, and this is the same for all drones.
If you can’t get good footage/photos from mini you won’t get good photos from a M2P. And most important if you’re happy and content with what you have for now then that’s a good place to be.
2020-4-20
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

media removed
2020-4-20
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-19 21:47
its not photoshop although i have used photoshop type programs in the past ! The image had been manipulated! but felt the original poster who said he didnt want to be inpolite didnt warrant a serious answer, so simply said i didnt know what he meant ! And the clouds were from the same picture although the editted pictures where slightly different. Its about having fun with photography and thats what it is for me. if others dont like what i post then unfortunatly you cant please everyone all of the time!

You literally have the same clouds in all 3 photo's from different angles... and the one the guy was talking about you have the sun set in the back but sun and shadows coming from the left. It's photoshopped. I have no issue with what you do post production but there's no point lying about it here.
2020-4-20
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

deathsquad Posted at 4-20 12:39
You literally have the same clouds in all 3 photo's from different angles... and the one the guy was talking about you have the sun set in the back but sun and shadows coming from the left. It's photoshopped. I have no issue with what you do post production but there's no point lying about it here.

Ive said its not photoshoped and dont call me a liar ! who the hell do you think you are?

i dont have to sit here and explain to you what i did and didnt use in post processing.

And if you think about it if the pictures were all taken at the same time the clouds would be all the same!

Bit of a doh moment for ya!

Other post processing softwares available. Maybe if you ask nicely i will tell you what software i did use to manipulate the photos, if your not intrested dont let the door hit your @rse on the way out

2020-4-20
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-20 12:46
Ive said its not photoshoped and dont call me a liar ! who the hell do you think you are?

i dont have to sit here and explain to you what i did and didnt use in post processing.

You literally have the clouds cropped the same in every image. Even though the images are taken from different angles. I don't know why you are denying it, I find it hilarious. I also like the one with two different suns. What planet do you live on where there are two suns? lol

2020-4-20
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Tbh independent of mockingbirdmedia workflow the skies look genuine to me. A far distant object is expected to remain quit  stable in the framing compared to a much shorter distance one.

But anyway... when I like a picture for me it's difficult to justify a critique, but that's me I know...
2020-4-20
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

m80116 Posted at 4-20 15:19
Tbh independent of mockingbirdmedia workflow the skies look genuine to me. A far distant object is expected to remain quit  stable in the framing compared to a much shorter distance one.

But anyway... when I like a picture for me it's difficult to justify a critique, but that's me I know...

To the untrained eye perhaps. I'm a graphic designer so things like this are second nature to me. He may not use "Adobe Photoshop" but some other image editing program to substitute the sky into the images. That's why all the skies are identical from all sorts of angles...

As for the other image with two different suns and light directions. It also screams heavy editing... a good editor would know not to put a sun in if there is a distinct sun direction existing in the image.
2020-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-20 01:57
Finally some sage words!

On this forum like many others there seems to be an underlaying air of eliteism that doesnt sit well with me! And like you say you can have all the best gear in the world and not know how to use it or as we say here in yorkshire  'all the gear and no idea' I , like many make purchases on their personal needs not because another person says its great or poor! Also people work on a budget not all but some and buy into the dji product range, these people should be nurtured. I post stuff up as i like people to see what ive come up with when out with the mini or the phantom and i think ive caught some pretty good stuff over the years ive been flying !

Anyway heres to more editing to make pictures look totally enhanced lol
Enhanced?
Perhaps overcooked would describe that effect more accurately.
2020-4-20
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

deathsquad Posted at 4-20 16:32
To the untrained eye perhaps. I'm a graphic designer so things like this are second nature to me. He may not use "Adobe Photoshop" but some other image editing program to substitute the sky into the images. That's why all the skies are identical from all sorts of angles...

As for the other image with two different suns and light directions. It also screams heavy editing... a good editor would know not to put a sun in if there is a distinct sun direction existing in the image.

Really glad you liked the photos ! its quite an honour getting such an accolade from a genuine, real life graphic designer ! I will remember this day for the rest of my life.
2020-4-20
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 4-20 21:55
Enhanced?

Really glad you popped by to add your obvious expertise to the thread ! You and deathsquib are of such benifit having you on the forum ! i woke this morning wondering what i would have done without such opinions of such upstanding members of the dji forum.
2020-4-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-20 22:33
Really glad you popped by to add your obvious expertise to the thread ! You and deathsquib are of such benifit having you on the forum ! i woke this morning wondering what i would have done without such opinions of such upstanding members of the dji forum.

Yeah, if you saw the photos that he shoots as a professional, you would most likely pull your head in.
2020-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 4-20 22:41
Yeah, if you saw the photos that he shoots as a professional, you would most likely pull your head in.

G'day GB ... actually he wouldn't.
He did see some once and his response was to tell me that my pix were absolute garbage and not worth showing in public.
Strangely, he later suggested that I'd stolen them from someone else (I wonder why if they were so bad?).
And finally accused me of having picture envy !!
2020-4-20
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 4-20 22:41

I doubt that very much !.

But thank you for your input

drone road trip

drone road trip
2020-4-20
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 4-20 22:47
G'day GB ... actually he wouldn't.
He did see some once and his response was to tell me that my pix were absolute garbage and not worth showing in public.
Strangely, he later suggested that I'd stolen them from someone else (I wonder why if they were so bad?).

You have a great memory, saves me going through the boring story again! nice of you to drop by. ive missed you so much on the forum! i dont know how i sleep at night !I love this forum and all its dark corners.
2020-4-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-20 22:54
You have a great memory, saves me going through the boring story again! nice of you to drop by. ive missed you so much on the forum! i dont know how i sleep at night !I love this forum and all its dark corners.

It's interesting that you like turning up the saturation so that your landscapes take on the appearance of a toxic waste dump.
Considering how harshly you berated someone for their (very attractive) long exposure silky waterfall shots saying:
those rubbish smokey water shots look fake and in no way represent anything that actually looks real

And then went on to extol the virtues of your own images with water drops frozen by a 1/1000th sec shutter speed:
The natural fast speed shot is more realistic where water is suspended in that split second than it looking like smoke. !
... even though they show something the human eye can't see.

ps ... photoshopping is a term in general usage to indicate digital image manipulation.
Whether you used Adobe software or not makes no difference
To see you going on with:
Bit of a doh moment for ya!

... is just pathetic.

2020-4-21
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 4-20 21:55
Enhanced?

Lol, reminded me of this...
0F4FA809-84C1-4AE1-8338-F85442CB42BA.jpeg
2020-4-21
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

deathsquad Posted at 4-21 02:16
Lol, reminded me of this...[Image]

Thanks deadsquib that’s me turning up all the settings ! Once again it’s been a pleasure you popping in and encouraging me to turn those dials right up ! A don’t worry I’ve got many more yet and will copy your names into future posts just so you don’t miss them
2020-4-21
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 4-21 00:06
It's interesting that you like turning up the saturation so that your landscapes take on the appearance of a toxic waste dump.
Considering how harshly you berated someone for their (very attractive) long exposure silky waterfall shots saying:
those rubbish smokey water shots look fake and in no way represent anything that actually looks real
Toxic waste dump lol a strange analogy, then again it’s from you so I guess it’s the norm ! Your input once again has surpassed my expectations! Breaking new boundaries of utter stupidity ! You and your sidekick deadsquib epitomise everything that is wrong with this forum ! Keep those critiques coming !  As I know you can’t help yourself
EEAFD185-C42B-42A7-9417-26757BD79593.gif
2020-4-21
Use props
Athiril
lvl.1

Australia

deathsquad Posted at 4-5 17:33
The mini can't support raw.

It can and does support RAW, it has a camera. It needs to take the RAW image from the camera and apply white balance and other RAW interpretations when converting the image into jpg (or for video  firmware just hasn’t added the ability to save the RAW image.
2020-5-18
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Athiril Posted at 5-18 17:34
It can and does support RAW, it has a camera. It needs to take the RAW image from the camera and apply white balance and other RAW interpretations when converting the image into jpg (or for video  firmware just hasn’t added the ability to save the RAW image.

It's not going to happen. Didn't happen with the Spark either.
2020-5-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Athiril Posted at 5-18 17:34

You are an idiot if you believe any of that crap you have sprouted. A technological moron.
2020-5-18
Use props
k31d
New
Flight distance : 15807 ft
Italy

Please DJI it would be a great pro to shot in RAW for everybody that is approaching to Drone photography
2020-6-3
Use props
TMvideo
lvl.3
Ukraine

+1
I like to edit RAW\DNG sliders to make photo looks artistic. JPG photo looks boring and no chance to make it better.
2020-6-4
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

+1 for DNG
2020-6-4
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

Oh yes. It would be a real pleasure to have RAW available on the Mavic Mini. 2 Years back i would not have complained about just shooting jpg, but since i got more and more into photography i went adicted to enhance my RAWs the way i like the picture to be. DJI please bring RAW to Mini :-)
2020-6-8
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

DJI makes money out of selling drones and other gizmo's, Litchi makes money by selling the Litchi App so they have more reason and motivation to make the APP for the Mini work with all of the bells and whistles. Go Litchi GO
2020-6-8
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Spookymike Posted at 6-8 02:54
Oh yes. It would be a real pleasure to have RAW available on the Mavic Mini. 2 Years back i would not have complained about just shooting jpg, but since i got more and more into photography i went adicted to enhance my RAWs the way i like the picture to be. DJI please bring RAW to Mini :-)

With the mini being the bottom end of the market DJI have no finacial incentive to add raw format to the mini!

i will say that jpeg is fine enough and there are plenty of programs out there that can deal with post processing to get some great results! be that psuedo HDR or programs or photoshop and gimp for image maniplulation.

This conversation has been on and off for a while now and the general consensus is that raw will never be added to the mini !
2020-6-9
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Droneflier Posted at 6-8 09:05
DJI makes money out of selling drones and other gizmo's, Litchi makes money by selling the Litchi App so they have more reason and motivation to make the APP for the Mini work with all of the bells and whistles. Go Litchi GO

I agree that the litchi app is far better than the fly app (my opionion) but until DJI give full access to their API so litchi can develop the software we are stuck with the fly app! on a plus note im sure at some point if not already they will give that access to the api that gives access to the minis functions
2020-6-9
Use props
Athiril
lvl.1

Australia

Geebax Posted at 5-18 19:02
You are an idiot if you believe any of that crap you have sprouted. A technological moron.

Lol are you for real? All cameras output raw to the running software on the processor,  it then has to apply a correction profile, white balance, etc and process the image into a jpg
2020-6-9
Use props
VirtualRain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56604 ft
Canada

DJI... I would buy this drone if it had RAW.  I can't buy larger drones like the Mavic Pro or Air due to regulations.  You need to offer a version of the Mavic Mini that exports RAW.
2020-6-23
Use props
VirtualRain
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 4-4 21:14
Mavic Mini doesn't support RAW and we don't receive any info about adding the support on it. SDK support is expected to be added this month, please keep an eye on the update on our official website for the latest news.

Duplicate post.
2020-6-23
Use props
VirtualRain
lvl.1
Canada

Mavic Mini doesn't support RAW and we don't receive any info about adding the support on it. SDK support is expected to be added this month, please keep an eye on the update on our official website for the latest news.

Duplicate post.
2020-6-23
Use props
VirtualRain
lvl.1
Canada

Duplicate post.
2020-6-23
Use props
VirtualRain
lvl.1
Canada

DJI... I would buy this drone if it had RAW.  I can't buy larger drones like the Mavic Pro or Air due to regulations.  You need to offer a version of the Mavic Mini that exports RAW.
2020-6-23
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

VirtualRain Posted at 6-23 21:04

Are you having some kind of issie with your computer as youve duplicated many posts?

IN your post you say you cant buy a mavic pro due to regulations whatever that means? but in your bio you say you own a mavic pro ?

confused? yes !

2020-6-23
Use props
VirtualRain
lvl.1
Canada

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-23 23:32
Are you having some kind of issie with your computer as youve duplicated many posts?

IN your post you say you cant buy a mavic pro due to regulations whatever that means? but in your bio you say you own a mavic pro ?

There was definitely some problem with the forums, not sure if it's a Safari issue or what.

Anyway, I use to have a Mavic Pro, but I sold it after regulations in Canada and many other regions made it near impossible to fly it.  The Mavic Mini is ideal as it qualifies for flight without requiring a license, but it seems handicapped by a lack of RAW photo output.  

I suspect DJI is intentionally not including it to differentiate this from larger more expensive drones, but they really should open up RAW on the Mini as larger drones are not an option for many.
2020-6-26
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

VirtualRain Posted at 6-26 14:35
There was definitely some problem with the forums, not sure if it's a Safari issue or what.

Anyway, I use to have a Mavic Pro, but I sold it after regulations in Canada and many other regions made it near impossible to fly it.  The Mavic Mini is ideal as it qualifies for flight without requiring a license, but it seems handicapped by a lack of RAW photo output.  
I have tried 3 different browsers on the site and can only get opera to work! It’s a very strange forum software ! But I make the best of what’s in front of me .

Unfortunately I can’t see raw being added although I rarely take photos and instead I take screenshots of 2.7 k video
2020-6-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules