OSMO 3 Stuck in Standby Mode
8632 18 2020-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuzz82
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All,

Ive read previous answers on solving this issue but nothing seems to work. Basically got my new OSMO 3 and was really excited to use it...a month later and still cant get it working. Am I being simple. It seems to be stuck in Standby mode as the yellow light is always flashing.

I follow all the instructions...download the App to Iphone 11 with bluetooth and wireless on. It never finds the bluetooth connection. Ive never had a problem connecting to anything...but this has beaten me. HELP! Ive tried:

1. deleting Ap and reinstalling
2. Bluetooth reset on the Osmo 3...it does nothing
3. Hard resetting phone
3. Taking it out of standy by trying numerous techniques like double clicking the trigger, pressing the mode button 3 times .... but nothing seems to change the yellow light?

Is there anything else to do or do I just need to return it?

Thanks in advance, Chris
2020-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Chris, sorry for the difficulties on connecting to Bluetooth, please try the steps below:
1. Delete the Osmo Mobile 3 Bluetooth in your Phone Settings and turn the Bluetooth off.
2. Power on the Osmo Mobile 3.
3. Turn on the Bluetooth of your phone.
4. Run DJI Mimo, search again Osmo Mobile 3 Bluetooth in the APP.
5. It there is no luck, please keep pressing M button, Shutter Button and Trigger button, the system indicator will become yellow, the Bluetooth is reset, search Bluetooth again in the APP.
2020-4-5
Use props
stuzz82
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-5 04:19
Hi Chris, sorry for the difficulties on connecting to Bluetooth, please try the steps below:
1. Delete the Osmo Mobile 3 Bluetooth in your Phone Settings and turn the Bluetooth off.
2. Power on the Osmo Mobile 3.

Thanks for response...unfortunately already tried these approached 30 times each! Nothing seems to stop the flashing yellow light.... holding the 3 buttons to do bluetooth reset does absolutely nothing.

Gutted as purchased this for our wedding and honeymoon.

Is there anything else to try before finally giving up. I've never ever had problems connecting bluetooth devices
2020-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

stuzz82 Posted at 4-5 22:17
Thanks for response...unfortunately already tried these approached 30 times each! Nothing seems to stop the flashing yellow light.... holding the 3 buttons to do bluetooth reset does absolutely nothing.

Please also make sure there is no other Bluetooth opened, or have a try with another mobile phone. If there is still no luck, the device will need to be sent back for the diagnosis.
2020-4-6
Use props
djiuser_N6aPfmSyllwk
New

Chile

Heeey I have the same problem! I just bought the new, sealed osmo mobile 3! and I can't get it to work, it just blinks the yellow light infinitely many times.  Does anyone know how to solve this? or is it osmo mobile failure? which would be amazing to have bought something new and bad!
2020-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_N6aPfmSyllwk Posted at 10-28 20:03
Heeey I have the same problem! I just bought the new, sealed osmo mobile 3! and I can't get it to work, it just blinks the yellow light infinitely many times.  Does anyone know how to solve this? or is it osmo mobile failure? which would be amazing to have bought something new and bad!

Could you please record a video to show me the details of the problem? I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-10-29
Use props
koad
New

Canada

stuzz82 Posted at 4-5 22:17

I feel your pain, I have the same issue on the second osmo I bought after the first was dead out of the box.
2020-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

koad Posted at 11-1 10:55
I feel your pain, I have the same issue on the second osmo I bought after the first was dead out of the box.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. May I know the model of your Osmo product and the specific issue? Please let me know more details, I'd like to help you check it, thanks.
2020-11-1
Use props
djiuser_3Vw87AgOx0gj
lvl.1

Canada

I am also facing this issue. As soon as I turn my OM 3 on it automatically goes into standby mode. The status indicator lights starts pulsing in yellowish green color. Though it is connecting to bluetooth as it shows in the mimo app but the motor doesn't work and indicator lights constantly pulses in the yellowish green color. Also in the mimo app the battery indicator sign for OM3 turns res in color even though there is full battery
2020-11-21
Use props
Gershom
New

Mexico

any update about this issue? I have the same with Osmo mobile 4
2021-1-9
Use props
djiuser_ClhjcRKqTXcV
lvl.1

Philippines

Would love to hear if there is an actual fix to this standby or connectivity issue. This suddenly happened to my OM4 last week. Same exact problem, stuck in standby mode, reset is useless.
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_8pN9GtmYqqNX
New

United Kingdom

Unless any big changes by DJI...  contact customer service and send back. Don't waste anytime on it.  I didn't even get to use it on my honeymoon because of this issue... But that's my own fault for not getting it well in advance.

The new one connects effortlessly
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_kT5cKjWt4j1h
New

Indonesia

Hey, I also got the same issue with my OM3. Is there any updates on this problem?

It seems that DJI team didn't even work on this issue.

I've contacted the costumer service and all of them didn't know the source of the problem.

This is such a random problem. Sometimes when I wanna turn on the gimbal, it stuck on sleep mode/ standby mode. Sometimes, it just works fine.

This is the first time I've had a DJI product. I loved it. But this one problem really annoys me.

I hope it'll be fixed soon.
2021-2-20
Use props
Agustin Trinca
New

Argentina

Hello, I am having the same issue.  As soon as I turn my OM 3 on it automatically goes into standby mode. The status indicator lights starts pulsing in yellowish green color. Though it is connecting to bluetooth as it shows in the mimo app but the motor doesn't work and indicator lights constantly pulses in the yellowish green color. Also in the mimo app the battery indicator sign for OM3 turns red in color even though there is full battery.

Please Help!
2021-4-7
Use props
Here4Help
lvl.1

United States

I opened my own question/topic. I am wondering if there is any reply? REALLY unhappy with DJI and their lack of product support. I have a useless pile of junk gimbal now. Seems like their update bricked my device. Someone should sue this company. It sounds like it's affecting the Osmo 4 now too? Pathetic..
2021-7-19
Use props
djiuser_AqelEZ1y4Eh3
New

United States

I am no expert, with that said I have been using the Osmo mobile gimble up to the 3rd gen.
I have been dealing with the “yellow blinking light” or the stuck on standby mode.
This has really made me angry as it seems to happen at the worst time. I have tried everything I have seen on the forms and goggle and nothing worked…

I may have had a break through today, and if this is already know, please forgive me.

The yellow blinking light happens to me today 3 times and I was just trying things before I throw it in the lake. I tried this:

When the yellow light happened and the gimble was unresponsive,
A. then I powered it down.
B.Then I folded it up (I guess you can have it in standby mode while folded).
C. Then I powered it back on while it was still folded and I got the green light (in more ways than one)!

I truly don’t know if this is ok to do in terms of the motors, but at this point I don’t care.

Give it a try! Hopefully it works!
2022-10-5
Use props
AbhineetSingh
lvl.1

Canada

Hey DJI
Any fix on this issue!? It seems that you have purposely pushed a buggy upgrade to force us to buy your new and more expensive products.
2023-3-26
Use props
djiuser_0NI8ty1JmwrA
New

United States

I have the same problem with the yellow blinking light. I've tried everything mentioned and nothing has really helped. I'm not sure if the problem is a buggy update or bad hardware. I'm really not sure how to proceed, but I do want to be able to use this thing for summer photography.
2023-3-27
Use props
djiuser_0BQpMjrdzQnA
New

Indonesia

lampux berkedip kedip
2023-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules