Inserting SD card makes the interface go wild
359 4 2020-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Majuver
New
Netherlands

Hello everyone!

I got a brand new Mavic Air after sending my crashed one in through the DJI Care Refresh insurance.

Recently I tried to go fly it and I suddenly kept getting this SD card error. When it's inserted the Mavic Air asks to switch to the SD card slot from internal storage but it disconnects right away and appears to reboot. Afterwards asking for the same question again and again and again.

Youtube link to the problem:
https://youtu.be/q9lNxSb2Tb4

The SD card works fine when inserted into the computer and I'm able to read and write files onto it. Wouldn't it make more sense anyway that the drone would not recognize it instead of tripping like it does right now? (SD Card is a Sandisk Extreme 64GB V30 card, it worked fine in my previous Mavic Air for almost a year)

It seems to work fine flying and recording on internal storage

Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot in advance!
2020-4-5
Use props
Majuver
New
Netherlands

Ok so apparently the solution was putting in a different SD card it seems the one I was using is partly 'fried' which made it readable but it seemed to cause connection problems. I guess I'll keep the post here for others who may run into a similair problem  
2020-4-5
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Glad you worked it out! I've never had a card fail but it obviously does happen.

FWIW there are lots of counterfeit cards out there that may be from batches that failed QA, or relabeled to show a higher capability than the card really has. Caveat emptor.
2020-4-5
Use props
aesculus2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

And did you try to reformat it according to MA specs?
2020-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Majuver Posted at 4-5 09:11
Ok so apparently the solution was putting in a different SD card it seems the one I was using is partly 'fried' which made it readable but it seemed to cause connection problems. I guess I'll keep the post here for others who may run into a similair problem

Glad to know you have figure it out, it surely will help other users who may have the same problem. Enjoy flying.
2020-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules