12Next >
2744 49 2020-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

This is on Android 9 Samsung Note 8 phone - unfortunately the biggest and most annoying bug is still present in the new version of the app. Today i tested with manual and auto transmission. The first flight was on manual mode selecting 2.4 GHz and i suffered 2 minor disconnects without issues, but on the 3rd one phone rebooted. Second flight was on auto on 5.8 GHz and on the first RC disconnect phone got rebooted. So basically app is not stable. Not to mention if there is wind and you lose connection for more than 2 min it might be all that it takes to lose drone. and it takes at least a minute to reboot, input sim card pin, unlock phone. Than you need to start app. Drone initiates RTH, but with wind it might not be enough!Another issue is in Quick shots the AE lock works sometimes, i noticed it didn't stay switched on after i have pressed it before clicking on the start button. Also there is lag when selecting the shutter speed  in photo mode and at times it does not get changed even after several tries.

And the orientation of the drone according to RC in the bottom middle part of the sceen - well it works, at times, usually after the reboot of the phone or the app it works perfect, my assumption would be it shouldn't behave like that...
2020-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The easiest way to pin this on new app is to return to old version and see if it’s ok .
2020-4-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 4-5 10:31
The easiest way to pin this on new app is to return to old version and see if it’s ok .

it was the same....actually that is my issue - they didn't fix none of the big bugs...
2020-4-5
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

I haven't had one issue yet with 1.08
galaxy S7

2020-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 4-5 10:46
it was the same....actually that is my issue - they didn't fix none of the big bugs...

Ok so it’s not new SW , maybe try different device if you can .
2020-4-5
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Trevor OV MM Posted at 4-5 10:46
I haven't had one issue yet with 1.08
galaxy S7

… wait for it...
2020-4-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 4-5 10:49
Ok so it’s not new SW , maybe try different device if you can .

well my other device is S8, all the same  .......so i don't plan to buy new phone because several developers cannot do their job...and QA team in DJI fails big time... it is good they wanted to simplify the app, but golden rule is if something works, don't touch it
2020-4-5
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

Akirasho Posted at 4-5 11:18
… wait for it...

Wait for what? Are you having problems?Im not going to put my drone on the counter and sit because other people are having issues.
2020-4-5
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Trevor OV MM Posted at 4-5 12:21
Wait for what? Are you having problems?Im not going to put my drone on the counter and sit because other people are having issues.

My App did not crash until this update.  It recovers well enuff, but is disconcerting.  

I agree, if we listened to and took all the woe here as gospel, we'd never fly again, but I want to hear it and perhaps ward off "disaster"!

Be prepared NOT to panic if/when it occurs.

2020-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 4-5 11:48
well my other device is S8, all the same  .......so i don't plan to buy new phone because several developers cannot do their job...and QA team in DJI fails big time... it is good they wanted to simplify the app, but golden rule is if something works, don't touch it

It’s unclear what you’re saying, when an what did they touch ? Is your problem with the app and if so which version ?
2020-4-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 4-5 13:01
It’s unclear what you’re saying, when an what did they touch ? Is your problem with the app and if so which version ?

it is clear the app has issues....which are consistent across all versions. I had the phone reboot when RC disconnected on 1.0.6  and now i have it on 1.0.8, I had the disable bluetooth issue on 1.0.6 that caused buttons on RC not to work and neither the flight mode was possible to be changed. Same issue is appearing on 1.0.8. the thing is they didn't properly QA the app. and they add new things, but don't fix existing issues! and it is definitely a problem with the app, i am not the only one having it...
2020-4-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Trevor OV MM Posted at 4-5 10:46
I haven't had one issue yet with 1.08
galaxy S7

i am glad you don't have any issues, unfortunately that doesn't mean nobody has...nor that you will not have any....
2020-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 4-5 13:05
it is clear the app has issues....which are consistent across all versions. I had the phone reboot when RC disconnected on 1.0.6  and now i have it on 1.0.8, I had the disable bluetooth issue on 1.0.6 that caused buttons on RC not to work and neither the flight mode was possible to be changed. Same issue is appearing on 1.0.8. the thing is they didn't properly QA the app. and they add new things, but don't fix existing issues! and it is definitely a problem with the app, i am not the only one having it...

Ok but I must say those having problems with the app are very few, hopefully you get sorted.
2020-4-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 4-5 13:12
Ok but I must say those having problems with the app are very few, hopefully you get sorted.

not sure they are few, a lot of people might not realize they have the issues, and a lot probably don't know about the forum or how to report the issues or how to replicate them and why they happen....anyway we can only hope, but i am not very positive seeing how fast updates are coming in and how much they fix...
2020-4-5
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there, i used to have probs back with 1.0.4 , but it isn't the app that's the prob, it's your mobile. At least it was in my case. Get a screen time out prevented app and run it. Let us know what happens then? What's your screen out timer set for?
2020-4-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 4-5 13:47
Hi there, i used to have probs back with 1.0.4 , but it isn't the app that's the prob, it's your mobile. At least it was in my case. Get a screen time out prevented app and run it. Let us know what happens then? What's your screen out timer set for?

never got a problem with screen timeout? and what it has to do with restart of the phone when connection is lost??? or with the bluetooth when disabling it causes an array of issues?
2020-4-5
Use props
djiuser_UyoPNmELYtUq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22790906 ft
United States

Can anyone confirm that this version works with Samsung Galaxy S9 (USA)?
2020-4-7
Use props
Pouwilli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208077 ft
Canada

Same Issue with my S9+.
I can't load, start or acces anything without the app crashing.
2020-4-9
Use props
Pouwilli
lvl.1
Canada

For now.... my brand new mavic mini is literally a paper weight. I try with an iphone 6s and s9+. Can't acces anything on the app.
2020-4-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Pouwilli Posted at 4-10 10:19
For now.... my brand new mavic mini is literally a paper weight. I try with an iphone 6s and s9+. Can't acces anything on the app.

it should work with both the 6s and s9+, something else is the issue in your case....try reinstalling the app, but app is working fine apart the bugs it has...
2020-4-10
Use props
Pouwilli
lvl.1
Canada

sbonev Posted at 4-10 10:23
it should work with both the 6s and s9+, something else is the issue in your case....try reinstalling the app, but app is working fine apart the bugs it has...

I have try reinstalling the app. When I click to log in... black screen and reset to the main page. Whatever I click = black screen + return to the main page.
2020-4-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Pouwilli Posted at 4-10 11:34
I have try reinstalling the app. When I click to log in... black screen and reset to the main page. Whatever I click = black screen + return to the main page.

well that seems something else, contact DJI...i don't believe this happens on both android and ios....if it does there is something wrong with your account. You sure the credentials are correct, try creating new account and see if it works.
2020-4-10
Use props
Pouwilli
lvl.1
Canada

sbonev Posted at 4-10 12:28
well that seems something else, contact DJI...i don't believe this happens on both android and ios....if it does there is something wrong with your account. You sure the credentials are correct, try creating new account and see if it works.

I have Fix it! I was in developper mode on my phone!!!
I have disable it and the app works!
That's why it doesn't work on my Iphone.
Spread the words!
2020-4-10
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Just after my last post above, my S6 conned out on me today, no wind, rth initiated several times, no probs with that. Open fields, can it be that networks boosted their signal as so many ppl are at home using WiFi? No idea, really, but usually I make 1 km easy, even on 1.0.8.
2020-4-10
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

I'm experiencing the same issue on my Note 8. The app is still causing the reboot. Did you solve the problem? Thanks.
2020-4-22
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

nicovis Posted at 4-22 13:31
I'm experiencing the same issue on my Note 8. The app is still causing the reboot. Did you solve the problem? Thanks.

no, unfortunately cannot figure out what is triggering it, now i am testing with one s6 edge, to see if i can get rid at least of that issue,,,the first flight went well - a lot of disconnects but no reboot...but this doesn't mean nothing yet, after the 3rd flight i will be certain. though not sure how i will get used to the screen, having hard time sometimes getting my bearings and what i am shooting at on that miniature screen. we'll have to wait on DJI to fix it, probably in a couple of years the speed they do the fixes so far...
2020-4-22
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

sbonev Posted at 4-22 13:42
no, unfortunately cannot figure out what is triggering it, now i am testing with one s6 edge, to see if i can get rid at least of that issue,,,the first flight went well - a lot of disconnects but no reboot...but this doesn't mean nothing yet, after the 3rd flight i will be certain. though not sure how i will get used to the screen, having hard time sometimes getting my bearings and what i am shooting at on that miniature screen. we'll have to wait on DJI to fix it, probably in a couple of years the speed they do the fixes so far...

Thanks for the reply. The trigger seems to be the lost of connection with RC multiple times. I bought the product last week and I think that I will return it.
What a shame. I thought it was related to the last April patch but it seems that you already had the problem before. I tried all versions of the app but nothing changed. DJI should remove the device in the compatibility list.
2020-4-22
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

nicovis Posted at 4-22 22:07
Thanks for the reply. The trigger seems to be the lost of connection with RC multiple times. I bought the product last week and I think that I will return it.
What a shame. I thought it was related to the last April patch but it seems that you already had the problem before. I tried all versions of the app but nothing changed. DJI should remove the device in the compatibility list.

well it is strange in any way, i think i had it once on the first disconnect...but anyway it is from the beginning and it took them 2 months to include white balance and behavior on disconnect with some alleged crash fixes, so definitely it will take months if ever they fix that big issue...hence i am trying with another phone.
2020-4-22
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

The easiest way to pin this on new app is to return to old version and see if it’s ok .
2020-4-23
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

ro_flyer Posted at 4-23 01:06
The easiest way to pin this on new app is to return to old version and see if it’s ok .

it is not in the new app only, it was in 1.0.6 also present, i am pretty sure before that also....anyway i am not wasting any more time investigating and testing DJI software that was a work for the QA team to perform prior product release...
and is probably present in the newer versions of android OS - my guess would be 9 and 10, but cannot be so certain about that yet.
2020-4-23
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

ro_flyer Posted at 4-23 01:06

Same problem in all versions... I tried from the 1.0.3.. but anyway it is impossible to say that the 1.0.3 was working when released because I do not have the same Patch on the phone as that time.
DJI has to take care of the issue because is a major issue.
Unbelievable how they do not have found a solution yet.
2020-4-23
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

nicovis Posted at 4-23 02:45
Same problem in all versions... I tried from the 1.0.3.. but anyway it is impossible to say that the 1.0.3 was working when released because I do not have the same Patch on the phone as that time.
DJI has to take care of the issue because is a major issue.
Unbelievable how they do not have found a solution yet.

I guess you would have to send them your phone in order for them to trace this issue.
2020-4-23
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Deucalion Posted at 4-23 04:01
I guess you would have to send them your phone in order for them to trace this issue.

it is happening with every phone with exynos, i have it on both note 8 and s6 edge, it is not serious to assume they haven't tested it on samsung phones and we have to send them a test phone...
2020-4-23
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

Deucalion Posted at 4-23 04:01

If they let me keep the drone and have a refund then I can also be part of their team of testing

Anyway, the problem still exists... Would be great to try a drone with DJI Go app and see if it's the same.
2020-4-23
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

sbonev Posted at 4-5 13:09
i am glad you don't have any issues, unfortunately that doesn't mean nobody has...nor that you will not have any....

Perhaps a more precise statement about your problem, then.  

If you were to say, "I've installed the new FW and I am having problems."  "These problems (did/did not) appear in the old version using the same phone."  "Does anyone else using [ insert phone, phone OS, etc ] have the same problems?"

When you say the "still buggy and unreliable" without those qualifications you are opening yourself for unhelpful contradiction.... and as such the conversation in your post gets you more heat than light.
2020-4-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Ive just a 30 minute flight around the garden with the Samsung S6 and had no issues, now i know what you are going to say, i havent flown far enough away, well near or far the app worked fine for 30 minutes, except that after the FW update I lost the satellite counter on the screen and to reinstall the app.
2020-4-23
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

WebParrot Posted at 4-23 06:58
Perhaps a more precise statement about your problem, then.  

If you were to say, "I've installed the new FW and I am having problems."  "These problems (did/did not) appear in the old version using the same phone."  "Does anyone else using [ insert phone, phone OS, etc ] have the same problems?"

still means before the 1.0.8 there were issues that still persist in the 1.0.8. So there is no contradiction, only for you apparently... if you don't have anything useful and helpful to comment better refrain yourself from commenting
2020-4-23
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

crash1sttime Posted at 4-23 07:04
Ive just a 30 minute flight around the garden with the Samsung S6 and had no issues, now i know what you are going to say, i havent flown far enough away, well near or far the app worked fine for 30 minutes, except that after the FW update I lost the satellite counter on the screen and to reinstall the app.

in 30 min how many times you lost connection - yesterday in 20 min with wind i lost it like 6 times at different distances all up to 500 m, no issue with s6 edge...today first flight up to 1 km distance 2 losses of connection, no reboot,. Second flight 3 losses of connection, reboot at around 500 m....so while i am really happy about you not having issues, i don't understand what are you trying to achieve here??? convince me that the issue is with me perhaps? i have replicated this bug on 2 different phones, a lot of people also have the exact same issue, so it is no brainer, there is a bug, which DJI have not identified and fixed and "surpisingly" missed during QA...mostly it is with exynos devices, pretty sure they know it well enough. So check what is your processor and you'll know if you are to expect such issues or no...and be happy as long as you don't

2020-4-23
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

I can reproduce the issue by powering on the drone and connecting to the RC.
Then put the drone far away from the RC and try to lose connection also without flying and try to reconnect...
You will then have the problem to test in your home.
In 30 minutes I can experience the bug lot of times in this way.

Hope it helps
2020-4-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 4-23 07:13
in 30 min how many times you lost connection - yesterday in 20 min with wind i lost it like 6 times at different distances all up to 500 m, no issue with s6 edge...today first flight up to 1 km distance 2 losses of connection, no reboot,. Second flight 3 losses of connection, reboot at around 500 m....so while i am really happy about you not having issues, i don't understand what are you trying to achieve here??? convince me that the issue is with me perhaps? i have replicated this bug on 2 different phones, a lot of people also have the exact same issue, so it is no brainer, there is a bug, which DJI have not identified and fixed and "surpisingly" missed during QA...mostly it is with exynos devices, pretty sure they know it well enough. So check what is your processor and you'll know if you are to expect such issues or no...and be happy as long as you don't

calm down mate, i was just saying with my S6 i had no issues, i understand you have issues and if its app related i hope DJI fix it.

2020-4-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules