2755 49 2020-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

sbonev Posted at 4-23 07:13
in 30 min how many times you lost connection - yesterday in 20 min with wind i lost it like 6 times at different distances all up to 500 m, no issue with s6 edge...today first flight up to 1 km distance 2 losses of connection, no reboot,. Second flight 3 losses of connection, reboot at around 500 m....so while i am really happy about you not having issues, i don't understand what are you trying to achieve here??? convince me that the issue is with me perhaps? i have replicated this bug on 2 different phones, a lot of people also have the exact same issue, so it is no brainer, there is a bug, which DJI have not identified and fixed and "surpisingly" missed during QA...mostly it is with exynos devices, pretty sure they know it well enough. So check what is your processor and you'll know if you are to expect such issues or no...and be happy as long as you don't

Seems that this is an issue limited to a few special cases. Have you tried contacting DJI support directly to work with them? I am pretty sure most of us fly our drones to places where the connection drops in and out. I have never rebooted because of it. But I am using an iPhone. I also turn the drone off all of the time, while still connected, and it doesn't reboot. This does sound like a significant issue, but if it was an app problem in general I think this whole forum would be mostly about rebooting phones, no?
2020-4-23
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Deucalion Posted at 4-23 10:11
Seems that this is an issue limited to a few special cases. Have you tried contacting DJI support directly to work with them? I am pretty sure most of us fly our drones to places where the connection drops in and out. I have never rebooted because of it. But I am using an iPhone. I also turn the drone off all of the time, while still connected, and it doesn't reboot. This does sound like a significant issue, but if it was an app problem in general I think this whole forum would be mostly about rebooting phones, no?

if you search the forum you will find...it is on android that is why you haven't experienced it. also on specific brand of chipset used extensively on samsung devices, so basically is quite common and reproducible on newest samsung devices. DJI knows about that for sure. it is not significant as long as it doesn't happen more than once per flight and not in a wind situation...also imagine it happens when you are 500 m away and in conjunction with the other battery data communication error that disables the GPS....well in that case until the phone boots and you move closer you might have lost the drone...there are a lot of ifs but still it is an annoying and pretty major bug that has to be addressed by DJI...
2020-4-23
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

sbonev Posted at 4-23 10:24
if you search the forum you will find...it is on android that is why you haven't experienced it. also on specific brand of chipset used extensively on samsung devices, so basically is quite common and reproducible on newest samsung devices. DJI knows about that for sure. it is not significant as long as it doesn't happen more than once per flight and not in a wind situation...also imagine it happens when you are 500 m away and in conjunction with the other battery data communication error that disables the GPS....well in that case until the phone boots and you move closer you might have lost the drone...there are a lot of ifs but still it is an annoying and pretty major bug that has to be addressed by DJI...

It would be significant to me even if it happened once a week. It takes my phone a few minutes to reboot. Most of the time I can't see my drone. Wait, yes I can always see it.
2020-4-23
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

My Phone Configuration:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Model SM-N950F)
- Chipset Exynos 9 Octa (8895)
- Android 9.0
- One UI 1.0
- N950FXXSADTDB1 (Kernel 4.4.111-16983991) - (Build PPR1.180610.011.N950FXXSADTC4)
-  Security Patch: April 2020
- Stock theme
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_7NVJfETDQb7d
lvl.1

Italy

Deucalion Posted at 4-23 10:11
Io ho lo stesso problema con fw300 e djifly.8. Ho contattato la dji e mi hanno risposto di effettuare un hard reset dello smartphone e reinstallare l'app. Assurdo
2020-4-24
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

djiuser_7NVJfETDQb7d Posted at 4-24 06:32
Io ho lo stesso problema con fw300 e djifly.8. Ho contattato la dji e mi hanno risposto di effettuare un hard reset dello smartphone e reinstallare l'app. Assurdo

Do not waste your time like I did: no chance to let it work. The only solution is to fix the app.

The problem is for firmware 0400 and 0500 for app from 1.0.3 to 1.0.8: I tested all the combinations.

In your case also for 1.0.8 and Firmware 0300.
2020-4-24
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_7NVJfETDQb7d Posted at 4-24 06:32

ridiculous even to think it will work with hard reset, no logical explanation, tested with 2 different phones, cannot be the hard reset...
2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

nicovis Posted at 4-24 06:37
Do not waste your time like I did: no chance to let it work. The only solution is to fix the app.

The problem is for firmware 0400 and 0500 for app from 1.0.3 to 1.0.8: I tested all the combinations.

https://www.change.org/p/samsung ... erior-exynos-phones

Sounds like exynos has some issues.
2020-4-24
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

Deucalion Posted at 4-24 07:50
https://www.change.org/p/samsung-stop-selling-us-inferior-exynos-phones

Sounds like exynos has some issues.

Hi. It can have all issues it wants but all other apps are correctly handled... So there is a clear problem of compatibility between DJ Fly and EU Version of Samsung Note 8. In a compatibility list DJI should have been more clear and make a distinct. I wouldn't buy the Mavic in that case.
2020-4-24
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Signed.

But there was a time in which my Note 4 made me heavily regret having about a T-Mobile (US) variant with Snapdragon. It run hotter than hell, usually capped at 82°C and screen almost untouchable in the CPU surrounding area. Anyway it finally broke probably stress cracking the solder balls underneath the CPU (in storage for over a year, need to come up with a revive attempt).

Meanwhile my Exynos S9+ just gets luckewarm under anything but the most intensive tasks... this time around however, the Exynos is at a disadvantage. Very frustrating to get a lesser phone for even more asking price than the US.
2020-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules