Phantom 4 Props Difficult to Install/Remove
3492 15 2020-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Could they make it any more difficult to install and remove the low-noice propellers? I have to use a strap wrench to get them on and off. Fortunately my case lets me keep them on, but the effort required to do this simple task is just ridiculous.
2020-4-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

All you have to do is press and turn.
2020-4-5
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 4-5 13:38
All you have to do is press and turn.

I know. Seems easy in theory. Not so much so in real life.
2020-4-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mr. Strat Posted at 4-5 13:44
I know. Seems easy in theory. Not so much so in real life.

It might sound silly, but are you aware that there are two different types of propellers, two right hand and two left hand. You may be putting the wrong ones on the motors.
2020-4-5
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-5 14:23
It might sound silly, but are you aware that there are two different types of propellers, two right hand and two left hand. You may be putting the wrong ones on the motors.

I think it's just a case of a new drone with no wear from putting them on and taking them off all the time.
2020-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

To attach the propellers, please ensure the propellers with black ring is mounted to the motors with black dots, propellers with silver ring is mounted to the motors without black dots. Then press the propellers down onto the mounting plate and rotate in the lock direction until it is secured in its position. To detatch them, press the propellers down into the motor mount and rotate in unlock direction.
If it is hard in your drone, may we have a short video of it for further assistance?
2020-4-6
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-6 01:54
To attach the propellers, please ensure the propellers with black ring is mounted to the motors with black dots, propellers with silver ring is mounted to the motors without black dots. Then press the propellers down onto the mounting plate and rotate in the lock direction until it is secured in its position. To detatch them, press the propellers down into the motor mount and rotate in unlock direction.
If it is hard in your drone, may we have a short video of it for further assistance?

I know that. But with the motors being very smooth on the outside and the props being new and all, it's just hard getting them on and off.
2020-4-6
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 4-6 03:04
I know that. But with the motors being very smooth on the outside and the props being new and all, it's just hard getting them on and off.

One of the props in my new set of 4 was difficult. But not as tight as you are saying.
After a few remove and replace cycles all of them are better.
2020-4-6
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
United States

1Eagle Posted at 4-6 11:26
One of the props in my new set of 4 was difficult. But not as tight as you are saying.
After a few remove and replace cycles all of them are better.

It's getting easier at time goes on and I install/remove them more.

I'd like to know what's so special about their USB cable that a generic one won't work. I've tried three and none work. The U in USB stands for Universal.
2020-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mr. Strat Posted at 4-6 03:04
I know that. But with the motors being very smooth on the outside and the props being new and all, it's just hard getting them on and off.

Sorry for the difficulties, any chance to share us a short video so that we could verify with our engineers whether you need to worry about it?
2020-4-6
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-6 23:28
Sorry for the difficulties, any chance to share us a short video so that we could verify with our engineers whether you need to worry about it?

It seems to be getting better now with more use. It's just that the motors are so smooth, it's hard to keep them still. I think it's just that the unit was new and unused.
2020-4-7
Use props
obertron1
New

United States

did it get better?  I just got a used Phantom 4, and I am running into the same difficulty.  What case did you get?  I want to get one.
2021-5-9
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

Same problem here, It is a problem with the prop, just try a old style prop.
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_Xl2Z9arz6c9u
New
Hungary

No, this product costs a fortune. The propellers cut the skin off your hand trying to take them off. No rival company to DJI, that's why it is. I sent a picture of the injury, why it's not included with my comment.
2022-2-25
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_Xl2Z9arz6c9u Posted at 2-25 14:07
No, this product costs a fortune. The propellers cut the skin off your hand trying to take them off. No rival company to DJI, that's why it is. I sent a picture of the injury, why it's not included with my comment.

I think it was just that the Phantom was new at the time. Almost two years later, removing the props is no longer a problem.

You shouldn't be getting cut though. No need to have your hand on the outer edge of the prop. Pushing down toward the motor and turning in the right direction is all that's needed.
2022-2-25
Use props
djiuser_EBoacH5ov8Y6
lvl.1

United States

My Phantom 4 Pro was easy to install props and take off. I sent in for some repairs... came back with new controller, phantom 4 and props. The NEW props are a pain in the ass! I'm a strong guy and these are just too tight. I'm afraid I might damage the motors just trying to get them on. Also... new controller is showing flight restriction areas where there are NONE on the DJI map and Airmap.
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules