Sticky Left Stick + Inverted Gimbal?
2758 16 2014-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikhail.buechle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4882 ft

Switzerland

So I just bought my PV2+ today and after unboxing it I noticed some weird things going on. Has anyone had these issues and does anyone have a fix or am I better off returning these to the reseller I bought them from?

2014-11-18
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

The new remote has a throttle down lock to minimize chances of mid air CSC and to lock down the throttle to do battery discharge for example ( motors can rev up automatically if throttle is left in the center.
Not sure what you mean by inverted gimbal,  please elaborate
2014-11-18
Use props
mikhail.buechle
lvl.1

Switzerland

Have a look at where the dji Icon, its upside down.

The axis should be on the left side of the camera.
2014-11-18
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

mikhail.buechle Posted at 2014-11-18 23:54
Have a look at where the dji Icon, its upside down.

The axis should be on the left side of the came ...

No that you say it, yep looks like the camera is the wrong way around,  may be it fell off and someone attached it the wrong way around.  I bet the ribbon cable is also damaged or missing.
2014-11-18
Use props
mikhail.buechle
lvl.1

Switzerland

Ribbon cable is indeed damaged slightly.

Basically I am now trying to 'flip' the gimbal back into its original position but the two protruding parts aren't allowing me to do so. Is there any way around this?

*Green circles: Protruding metal bits
*Red arrow: Direction which I have to push the gimbal
*Red circle: Ripped ribbon

2014-11-18
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

Don't go any further, send it back and get it replaced.  
you'd have to pull the axis off the shaft to turn it around and do a sensor realignment but that won't do any good with a damaged ribbon cable. P.S.  a replacement gimbal runs around the 700 USD mark
2014-11-18
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Send it back to the reseller, they should send back a new unit! don't try fixing anything so you wont lose your warranty!
2014-11-18
Use props
mikhail.buechle
lvl.1

Switzerland

Thanks for the advice I'll let you guys know how it goes.
2014-11-18
Use props
mikhail.buechle
lvl.1

Switzerland

Does anyone know how to disable the camera from the gimbal axis as shown here?

I reckon I could be able to fix this myself as the re-sellers haven't answered my RMA and I am getting impatient.
2014-11-19
Use props
Jstic
lvl.1

United States

You will have to pull it apart and it is NOT easy to do. Those two parts are press fit together. Once you pull them apart, the press fit where the axle fits into the hub will no longer work and you will have to use glue or epoxy to hold the axle from spinning inside the hub. Whoever sold you that quad probably sold you a repaired one and did not have any idea what they were doing. Send it back or you will probably regret it.

2014-11-19
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

swomilan Posted at 2014-11-19 00:02
No that you say it, yep looks like the camera is the wrong way around,  may be it fell off and som ...

If that is not crash damage and and DYI in an attempt to fix it by all means it has to be returned. If this shipped from DJI in this state that is ridiculous to say the least.
2014-11-19
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

WOW!  It came out of the box like THAT!?!?  I am truly in awe of the level of stupidity it must have taken to assemble that camera upside down!  Box it up and send it back -- the ripped ribbon cable alone has rendered it useless!
2014-11-19
Use props
DJI-Alpha Prime
lvl.2

China

mikhail.buechle Posted at 2014-11-20 02:10
Does anyone know how to disable the camera from the gimbal axis as shown here?

Hello Mikhail ,

Pls contact your re-seller or  nearest support center  to handle this.

BR

Una
2014-11-19
Use props
mikhail.buechle
lvl.1

Switzerland

The re-seller that sold it to me has not been replying to any means I've used to contact them and its nearly been a week now.

I am in Switzerland and the re-seller is called Aerodron GMBH (www.aerodron.ch). Could I send the product directly to a DJI repair center and pay for the additional repair costs?

I managed to fix the camera back to the right position but the ribbon cable damage is causing some issues. The drone can actually fly now, but the camera only displays a blue static screen.
2014-11-23
Use props
ghostmaster
lvl.2

Portugal

This is the main problem with dealers, they are only good to sell, DJI should put a hand on this, StockRC and electronicaRC in spain are the same, good for selling, not for supporting.
2014-11-23
Use props
mikhail.buechle
lvl.1

Switzerland

That blows can I get support directly from DJI?
2014-11-23
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

mikhail.buechle Posted at 2014-11-23 21:03
The re-seller that sold it to me has not been replying to any means I've used to contact them and it ...

See the post above this one from DJI. Best of luck.
2014-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules