DJI RE Air Unit - List of tested Controllers / unsupported
1523 4 2020-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

Sorry if there is a thread somewhere that already covers  this (please point me to it if there is)

But other than the DJI listed compatibility list for :

Flight controllers :  F3, F4, KISS, NAZE

and

Remote Radios:  X9D (Frsky), DEVO 10 (Walkera), T8FG (Futaba),T14SG (Futaba), WTF09sll (WFLY), AT9S (RadioLink)

Can folks chime in with hardware they are using they can confirm works..   the documentation hasn't been touched since 2008 (nice abandonment DJI)

I am looking mostly at fixed wing applications at the moment but feel free regardless if your are using hardware that is not DJI approved that seems to work fine.

I am thinking these days the AT9S looks ok as an inexpensive radio,  and I have seen reports that most f4 based flight controllers seem to work regardless of flavor but I would rather go with hardware others have used that are proven to work

I really like the Vector controller and HUD but that would require using analog and not using the air unit.
2020-4-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

wanted to bump this thread. since the list of approved controllers is 3 years old...

anyone using the air unit on newer flight controllers ... any F7 testers out there...

anyone using the at9s pro ?

2020-8-23
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

bumping this again...

can't believe that NOBODY is using the original RE air unit with flight controllers and or transmitters not on the approved list

so hard to tell since occusync air and other dji digital fpv are all lumped into the same category here ...

how about iNAV 3.0... my understanding was that this was a major update.. anything new working with this version

I plan to build a flying wing with a MATEK F411-WSE flight controller and it only has 2 full UART. .. UART 1 for GPS, UART2 for SBUS and I have researched and found a special mod iNAV target for this board that reassigns the LED pad to make softserial bidirectional for OSD support...

I will be using a AT9S transmitter

can anyone elaborate on this ?
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_IcCfMgpDhyTR
New

Russia

Can i connect controller from DJI FPV Drone to DJI air unit?
2021-7-22
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

still nothing
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules