6878 31 2020-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Natalia Che
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219865 ft
Russia

Hi all!

I can't understand what's happening, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
But sometimes when I try to shoot a timelapse with a path my OM3 "sticks" on the first point and never moves.

And sometimes everything works as it should...

Did anyone have the same problem?
2020-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Natalia, may I know if there is any error message pop up on the DJI Mimo app when the issue exists? Would you please send us a sample issue video for further confirmation? Please also tell us the mobile device, firmware version, and DJI Mimo app version. Thank you.
2020-4-7
Use props
Natalia Che
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-7 02:00
Hi Natalia, may I know if there is any error message pop up on the DJI Mimo app when the issue exists? Would you please send us a sample issue video for further confirmation? Please also tell us the mobile device, firmware version, and DJI Mimo app version. Thank you.

Hello!

No I didn't get any error messages. I actually found the problem after the video was shot. At first I though that I forgot to set the path points. But then I double checked and yes, when the points are set correctly it also happens sometimes.

You can see a sample video here: https://yadi.sk/d/5d9OA6afUlT5QA
The idea was to follow the rising sun which didn't happen as you can see
2020-4-7
Use props
Natalia Che
lvl.2
Russia

Natalia Che Posted at 4-7 04:46
Hello!

No I didn't get any error messages. I actually found the problem after the video was shot. At first I though that I forgot to set the path points. But then I double checked and yes, when the points are set correctly it also happens sometimes.

mmm somehow half of the message disappeared

Here are the other details:

My phone: iPhone8
Firmware: V01.00.00.60
DJI Mimo: V1.2.20(69633)
2020-4-7
Use props
Chili Bu
lvl.1
Canada

I have had almost zero success taking motion time lapse video's with the Osmo 3
just came in from attempting to take yet another stunning Chilcotin sunrise on motion time lapse only to find no file saved,
happens about 75% of the time,
Samsung A8 is the device and this feature was one of the main reasons I bought the Osmo last fall....certainly does not live up to what it is advertised for imnsho

fix these issues please DJI
2020-4-7
Use props
Natalia Che
lvl.2
Russia

Chili Bu Posted at 4-7 06:33
just came in from attempting to take yet another stunning Chilcotin sunrise on motion time lapse only to find no file saved,

Wow, your situation is even worse, I at least get the video in the end, just not the way I expected it to be
2020-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Natalia Che Posted at 4-7 04:46
Hello!

Thank you very much for getting back to me with the details. Would you mind making a screen recording video that starts from setting up the paths till it finishes the timelapse shooting? You can set a short shooting time just for displaying the issue. I am very sorry that I didn't make it clear previously.
I had also forwarded the issue to our engineers to notice. Any replies from them, I will keep you updated.
2020-4-8
Use props
Natalia Che
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-8 01:02
Thank you very much for getting back to me with the details. Would you mind making a screen recording video that starts from setting up the paths till it finishes the timelapse shooting? You can set a short shooting time just for displaying the issue. I am very sorry that I didn't make it clear previously.
I had also forwarded the issue to our engineers to notice. Any replies from them, I will keep you updated.

Thanks! I'll try to make this recording. But as I said this problem only appears sometimes, not every time... ok, let's try to catch the beast on camera
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Natalia Che Posted at 4-8 01:36
Thanks! I'll try to make this recording. But as I said this problem only appears sometimes, not every time... ok, let's try to catch the beast on camera

Thank you very much, as we could not reproduce the issue at our side. The operation video of yours is important to us to investigate. I appreciate your cooperation.
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Chili Bu Posted at 4-7 06:33
just came in from attempting to take yet another stunning Chilcotin sunrise on motion time lapse only to find no file saved,

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with timelapse shooting. If the file is not saved, please check if there is enough place for saving the video.
Please also make sure that the app has been updated to the latest version. Besides, if it is convenient, please try to test the function with a compatibility device. Please keep us updated if the issue persists, thank you.
2020-4-8
Use props
Natalia Che
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-8 02:02
Thank you very much, as we could not reproduce the issue at our side. The operation video of yours is important to us to investigate. I appreciate your cooperation.

As usual, now when I record the screen everything works perfectly (which was kind of the purpose of all that, so, great!)
But if I'm able to catch this problem on video I'll send it to you.

Thank you!
2020-4-8
Use props
Natalia Che
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-8 01:02

I managed to record another version of the bug. This time, OM3 started moving from the first path point, and then in less in a minute suddenly switched to the last point. And then just stayed there. Here is the video (I trimmed it to the first 10 minutes but it's enough to see what happened): https://yadi.sk/i/JJF0FYyH4w5Ybg
2020-4-8
Use props
Natalia Che
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-8 02:02

Caught it finally! Looks like the problem occurs when the recording time is long, 3 or 5 hours. I've recorded only the first half an hour or so. But it's enough to see that my Osmo isn't moving at all.

Here's the video: https://yadi.sk/i/sb2O1EN_g-qsOw
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Natalia Che Posted at 4-9 13:15
Caught it finally! Looks like the problem occurs when the recording time is long, 3 or 5 hours. I've recorded only the first half an hour or so. But it's enough to see that my Osmo isn't moving at all.

Here's the video: https://yadi.sk/i/sb2O1EN_g-qsOw

Thank you very much for getting back. I will forward both issues you reported to our engineers to check further about the issue.
At the same time, please also check if there is a need to update the firmware of your mobile device. If it is possible, please also update the firmware of it. Thank you.
2020-4-10
Use props
Natalia Che
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-10 05:34
Thank you very much for getting back. I will forward both issues you reported to our engineers to check further about the issue.
At the same time, please also check if there is a need to update the firmware of your mobile device. If it is possible, please also update the firmware of it. Thank you.

I believe I have the latest version of everything but I'll check again. Thank you!
2020-4-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Natalia Che Posted at 4-10 06:24
I believe I have the latest version of everything but I'll check again. Thank you!

Hi Natalia, we'd received reply from our engineers. Please kindly update the OS of your mobile device and update the Mimo APP to V1.2.24. If the issue persists, please send in the gimbal to diagnose if there is an issue with the motor. Please contact the local dealer or the recommended repair center for further assistance https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers.
2020-4-12
Use props
Chili Bu
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 4-8 02:20
Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with timelapse shooting. If the file is not saved, please check if there is enough place for saving the video.
Please also make sure that the app has been updated to the latest version. Besides, if it is convenient, please try to test the function with a compatibility device. Please keep us updated if the issue persists, thank you.

good day eh and thanks for getting back to me,
still having the same issues since last fall when I bought it, hit and miss if it will save what it has recorded,
I made sure before ordering that the Samsung A8 was compatible and always allow enough memory on the phone to save a file, as well as having the most up date version.

here is this mornings failed attempt to capture another amazing Chilcotin sunrise,

bless up and have a beauty day eh!

have a video clip that for whatever reason being a mp4 will not allow me to upload it here and I do not know how to change it to whatever types of files are allowed

thanks anyways

2020-4-20
Use props
fans39cc05e2
New

Germany

Hi, I have the same problem. A short timelapse is no problem but as soon as I want to capture an hour or more (kind of the point of a timelapse), the Osmo just stays still and the path I set before recording will be ignored.

DJI Osmo Mobile 3
Samsung Galaxy s10+
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_OCWeKeoALZ36
New
Brazil

I'm having the same issue when trying to capture a long time lapse in iPhone 11 pro and last firmware.
It's so frustrating. You wake up early and wait for hours to get the perfect shot and it doesn't work.
What should I do?
2020-5-27
Use props
أبو فاروق
New

Germany

me too,, i was setting the timelapse for 3h and interval 20s plus adding some paths,
the i clicked the red button, walla,  cant operating please try again later.

huwawei pro 30
osmo mobile 3

2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_TNeMl5F0l66n
lvl.1
Netherlands

I can confirm that I also have this problem and it has occurred 100% of the time so far when shooting 3 and 5 hour motion timelapses. I thought I had it setup wrong so I set it up for a 1 minute timelapse and it worked perfectly. Using the same settings but with a longer timeframe will result in a timelapse without the motion.

iPhone XS
DJI Osmo Mobile 3
Edit: So I made this post after getting up this morning and finding another failed motionlapse that I made during the night on my phone. Since then, I've done some testing. I made various motion lapses, set for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours and 5 hours. The path was set from all the way panned left to all the way panned right, repeating twice (using the maximum of 4 points) so that the range of motion was maximized and even a short test would show movement. I started the aforementioned 30 minute and 1 to 5 hr tests and canceled them after two minutes of recording. All of them showed movement. Now I have no idea what went wrong earlier. The only thing I can think of doing differently was using the hardware button on the gimbal to record instead of using the software button in the Mimo app. When I have the opportunity to go without using my phone for a couple of hours I will make a full long-duration recording and report back with how that goes.
2020-6-12
Use props
toriqo
New
Romania

I've just purchased my first DJI product (DJI Osmo Mobile 3) and I gotta say, not a first good impression at all. When setting an one hour timelapse with 3 points, left, center up, right low (like an arc) it's not following the path but rather going straight from A to C ignoring B. On top of that, it also slightly tilts to the right. When it finishes, it returns to the center even more tilted but slooooowly centering itself. I'm doing astrophotography and I own/owned some pretty advanced mounts so I know how to balance. The gimbal is well balanced and fully charged, with the latest firmware. Same goes for my iphone 11 pro max. If i do a 10s timelapse using the same points, the gimbal goes up a bit for point B but not all the way to where I've set it then again, tilts towards point C instead of remaining leveled.

Here are the two videos I'm talking about, using the same path:

drive.google.com/file/d/10IpsfpZ3qIeCQIgkIyJIDlLmhEYrfP9p/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/1znNaCCeyGmLnFKmlrh-Mb5ojWAVe-ClO/view?usp=sharing

Also, if the gimbal is horizontal (pan turns to spin) and set a path, timelapse wouldn't even start recording. Should I ask for a replacement or just settle with the gimbal being bad at tracking? I've also ordered the Ronin-SC arriving tomorrow, hopefully I won't be as disappointed...

P.S. for a support forum you really do go to great lengths to prevent people posting...

2020-6-16
Use props
Airickson
New

United States

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I was having a similar issue.  I was able to resolve it by changing the angle at which I had the Osmo positioned.  Let me explain:  I have it mounted on a tripod and (initially) had it tilted quite a way forwards (nearly horizontal).  In this horizontal position the gimbal wouldn't go to the initial position and track the way I had it set.  I did a calibration of the gimbal and then did a quick test of the tracking in this (now) vertical position and, PRESTO, it worked.  So I remounted the camera on the tripod, changing it to a much more vertical position, and then it seemed to work.  So maybe try changing the angle you have your camera setup and see if that helps resolve your problem?
2020-7-3
Use props
zegeli
New
Colombia

I have the same issue, worked fine when I bought it, 2 weeks in stopped tracking the path on time lapse. No error message, nothing. Timelapse just starts and never tracks and just stays still until the time lapse is over. To me feels like the track functionality is no longer working. This is a brand new one month old Osmo Mobile 3. Iphone 11 - Mimo app latest versions.

Update: I started testing different scenarios. I set one for a 4 minute time lapse and another for 10 minute and it seems to be working, all my other trys for 1 to 2 hour time lapses failed. So the hardware is not broken and this is not a motor function issue. For some reason path tracking works for short time lapses and doesnt work for longer ones. I am quite confused since this seems to be a random thing. Initially it worked flawlessly, and every time. I was quite happy with this functionality. Now I dont trust it anymore and always wonder if its going to track or not. I wonder if I need to re-install the app or reconfigure something?

Update 2: Now my 2 hour test is tracking, again making me think this is not a bug that can be reproduced by following certain steps but its rather random and hit or miss.... Some timelapses works, some doesnt. Some tests work, some doesnt. So in short, if you are lucky you will get that beautiful sunset, and if its not your day you will miss it. Just set it up, cross your fingers and hope all the stars allign for you when that moment comes.

2020-7-9
Use props
Rog42
lvl.1

Australia

Samsung Note 10+ , brand new Osmo Mobile 3, latest DJI Mimo App, latest firmware, latest Mobile OS.

No joy for 3 * 2 hour motion timelapses.

Very disappointed. DJI any update on a fix?
2020-8-8
Use props
GoetzSaCebu
lvl.1
Philippines

Osmo mobile 3 here with iPhone 6S. Bought it just 3 days ago and updated the newest firmware.

Timelapse set to 180 degrees with 4 waypoints and 5 minutes time.
The gimbal only shoots about 90 degrees and then time is up - so it moves too slow to do the full 180 degrees.

Tried same path and waypoints and set it to 10 minutes - gimbal now catches about 120 degrees only but still not the full 180 degrees.
Resulting 1st video then is 25sec long
2nd video is 50 sec. long.
2020-10-31
Use props
Natalia Che
lvl.2
Russia

Wow! I haven't been here for a while and I'm surprised to see so many answers about the same problem. Somehow I didn't receive any notifications about them on email (another bug hehe)

So, news! I managed to get my OM to the local repair centre, and haven't seen it for 2 months since then. It turned out that they sent it to DJI, and guess what — they didn't find any problems! Although I sent them a confirming video clearly showing that Osmo didn't move during a timelapse at all.

IDK, maybe it repaired itself magically somewhere on the way to the factory.

Going to get it back in a few days, will check if the problem is still there. Also wondering, if this bug also exists in OM4. Maybe it's time for a change.
2020-11-11
Use props
TonyBoon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, I've been using my OSMO 3 to timelapse an estuary tide, I've found that the "path" doesn't track when you select 3 hours or 5 hours.

If I select 2 hours duration (or less) and set 2 points the motion is successfully tracked.

I'm using latest versions DJI Mimo App Version 1.5.0,
OSMO 3 Version v01.00.00.80
I've used 2 phones, both Samsung S7 (Android 8) & S10 (Android 10)

Is there any possiblity DJI could correct this in the Mimo App ?
2020-11-12
Use props
zegeli
New
Colombia

I am writing this on December 2020 and the issue is still not fixed. Its a hit or miss. Regardless of the time/duration selected. I did 6 takes today 3 tracked and 3 never tracked. This is extremely annoying...
2020-12-25
Use props
TonyBoon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TonyBoon Posted at 2020-11-12 06:48
Hi, I've been using my OSMO 3 to timelapse an estuary tide, I've found that the "path" doesn't track when you select 3 hours or 5 hours.

If I select 2 hours duration (or less) and set 2 points the motion is successfully tracked.

Hello, me again, I don't think anything has happended with this, I'm sad.  It isn't a difficult problem to replicate, maybe it's tricky to fix, but I've heard nothing (I did get a message asking what error I get, I don't get an error, it simply doesn't trace a path when you have an internal of 3hr or 5 hrs selected).
There been new versions - DJI Mimo Version 1.5.4 (was 1.5.0) and Osmo 3 is software is now Version - 01.00.00.90 (was 01.00.00.80).

I guess I'm the only person in the world cares, maybe it's only on Android?

Hopefully someone will read this and maybe ...
2021-6-9
Use props
uniqcliks
New
Flight distance : 50217 ft
Australia

Using DJI Osmo Mobile 3 with Samsung s20 Ultra and not having luck with motion timelapse as well.. what's going on DJI?
2021-6-10
Use props
mahoen
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi, yes I have same problem. Did you fix this?
2021-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules