2212 5 2020-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1362336 ft

Bulgaria

Hi Droners,
I have a question regarding the duration if i want to create a video combining drone footage. I guess this topic also will be helpfull for a lot of people.
The idea is if i shoot a single place, monument, building or event when i do the whole video from the footage, what will be the best duration for people watching not to lose interest and the same time be long enough to enjoy?
I guess it depends on the thing you film, but i will be glad if everyone can share their experinece and some ideas.
Thanks!
2020-4-7
Use props
3DSailor
lvl.1
United States

It's such a difficult question...people mostly have very short attention spans these days!  It really depends on your audience in my view. If it is for just general audiences I would say no more than 3 or 4 minutes.  If it is a subject that your audience is interested in (like it's their hobby too) up to 10 minutes or so.  Unless you have something really cool or interesting not many will keep watching more than 5 minutes or so according the audience retention on my own Youtube channel.  Keep flying!
2020-4-8
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

3DSailor Posted at 4-8 13:05
It's such a difficult question...people mostly have very short attention spans these days!  It really depends on your audience in my view. If it is for just general audiences I would say no more than 3 or 4 minutes.  If it is a subject that your audience is interested in (like it's their hobby too) up to 10 minutes or so.  Unless you have something really cool or interesting not many will keep watching more than 5 minutes or so according the audience retention on my own Youtube channel.  Keep flying!

Hi ,
thanks for the opinion. That's true i have also think that i might need to stick to 6,7min as if it is more than that people are distracted easily. Although i like to take videos  a lot ,so i have to really choose the best to show !
2020-4-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow.
This is not a 'one size fits all' question.
It totally depends on the demands of the audience you are targeting.
Also depends on the type of footage you are sharing.
For me a usually have this:
If it is 'just' some drone shots. 2-3 minutes is usually enough.
If there is a 'story' that I want to tell : 6-7 minutes.
My train video's are much longer usually (7-15 minutes)

That is just me.
2020-4-8
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would all come down what the subject would be. If you can shoot your subject from quite a few different angles and panning shots you will have a lot off footage to select from. If you are shooting one structure there is only so much of it we can see. But if its a small town or coastline with different unique areas then a longer video would allow for us to see all the different angles.

As far as shots during the video you would want to keep it around 10-20 seconds a shot and then move onto another angle or view. We are our own worst critics so I will watch my video over and over again and you can kind of get a feel for what is to long and maybe you want to spend more time on.

Once you post your videos don't hesitate to ask for feedback and we can all give you ideas for your next project. But mostly have fun with it.
2020-4-10
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 4-10 10:35
It would all come down what the subject would be. If you can shoot your subject from quite a few different angles and panning shots you will have a lot off footage to select from. If you are shooting one structure there is only so much of it we can see. But if its a small town or coastline with different unique areas then a longer video would allow for us to see all the different angles.

As far as shots during the video you would want to keep it around 10-20 seconds a shot and then move onto another angle or view. We are our own worst critics so I will watch my video over and over again and you can kind of get a feel for what is to long and maybe you want to spend more time on.

That's true we are our best critics. I have spent more time watching the video than creating it.
But yeah for sure i will post here the things i do so i can get a feedback from you all who create similar content.
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules