Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is that Symbol DJI Fly App Log Playback
2104 16 2020-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

Hi DJI Forum,

I've viewed my last flight and I've noticed a green triangle on the blue arrow which represents the drone. See the attached picture I've made.
Is the the green triangle / gradient something like the compass position/orientation and the blue arrow represents the GPS orientation?  
If I am right, did I flew the hole time with an almost error?

Thanks
Screenshot_20200407-232627.png
2020-4-7
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's the camera view. I'm not sure why it isn't straight on your display. Was that return to home perhaps and you were looking around on the way back?
2020-4-7
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Germany

Ok that's a little strange to me, because the MM can't pan the camera manually, so I still wonder what it does show... But thanks for your quick response, maybe someone else has an idea too
2020-4-7
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Mods, i need your help, what does this green gradient triangle mean ?

thanks
2020-4-8
Use props
Bekoal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55984 ft
Belgium

Of course the MM can orient his camera, it is enough to fly like a crab to make a side tracking shot. The green triangle indicates the view of the camera and the blue = the orientation of the flight axis (it follows the blue trace of the flight log).
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_82kIDPavjHsr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1130285 ft
Poland

Note that when you point the camera down, the green triangle will turn to the left. If you have a horizontal camera, the triangle is straight
2020-4-19
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Bekoal Posted at 4-9 00:32
Of course the MM can orient his camera, it is enough to fly like a crab to make a side tracking shot. The green triangle indicates the view of the camera and the blue = the orientation of the flight axis (it follows the blue trace of the flight log).

That’s not correct, you can’t orient the camera around the vertical axis in a different direction than the drone is facing. It only moves on its own slightly to compensate for drone rotation but that’s a separate thing.
2020-4-19
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

deathsquad Posted at 4-7 14:47
It's the camera view. I'm not sure why it isn't straight on your display. Was that return to home perhaps and you were looking around on the way back?

If you look around during RTH then the drone itself is rotating and then flying sideways so the blue arrow itself would be rotated
2020-4-19
Use props
djiuser_82kIDPavjHsr
lvl.1
Poland

I helped?
2020-4-19
Use props
djiuser_82kIDPavjHsr
lvl.1
Poland

2020-4-19
Use props
djiuser_82kIDPavjHsr
lvl.1
Poland

[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5Bimg%5D[/img][/img]
2020-4-19
Use props
Bekoal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55984 ft
Belgium

Ice_2k Posted at 4-19 02:59
That’s not correct, you can’t orient the camera around the vertical axis in a different direction than the drone is facing. It only moves on its own slightly to compensate for drone rotation but that’s a separate thing.

You misunderstood me, you can orient the camera at an angle of 90 ° to the flight axis (I was not talking about the vertical axis of the Mini or its camera). Try this: in mode 2, place the right stick to the right (or the left) without touching any other stick, the Mini will fly sideways (like a crab), the FOV (green arrow) will be 90 ° from the direction flight (blue arrow on the flight recorder).

2020-4-20
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

Bekoal Posted at 4-20 00:53
You misunderstood me, you can orient the camera at an angle of 90 ° to the flight axis (I was not talking about the vertical axis of the Mini or its camera). Try this: in mode 2, place the right stick to the right (or the left) without touching any other stick, the Mini will fly sideways (like a crab), the FOV (green arrow) will be 90 ° from the direction flight (blue arrow on the flight recorder).

wouldn't that rotate the blue arrow completely?
2020-4-20
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 4-20 12:26
wouldn't that rotate the blue arrow completely?

No. Hold the drone with it on. Turn the drone slightly horizontally and you will see the gimbal keeps the same focal point. It is a 3 axis gimbal. So while you can't control the pan it does pan as it tries to keep the image as steady as possible. That image probably shows the drone affected by wind and the camera focused on it's focal point. If you turn too much it loses the focal point and finds a new one or pans depending on what the drone is doing.
2020-4-20
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

It's unclear to me as well what's the green cone. Any DJI representative here ?

Even if the gimbal is stabilized in the horizontal axis I don't see it having so much influence, and usually returns to the central point within tenths of a second.
2020-4-20
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

deathsquad Posted at 4-20 12:44
No. Hold the drone with it on. Turn the drone slightly horizontally and you will see the gimbal keeps the same focal point. It is a 3 axis gimbal. So while you can't control the pan it does pan as it tries to keep the image as steady as possible. That image probably shows the drone affected by wind and the camera focused on it's focal point. If you turn too much it loses the focal point and finds a new one or pans depending on what the drone is doing.

i know that the gimbal compensates for yaw but that's only temporary. If you yaw the drone 15 degrees the gimbal will compensate for some of the movement to make it smooth but it won't stay that way. I don't think it's possible to have the drone facing one way and the gimbal remain turned to the right for instance. Will try it out though in my next flight.
2020-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

deathsquad Posted at 4-20 12:44
No. Hold the drone with it on. Turn the drone slightly horizontally and you will see the gimbal keeps the same focal point. It is a 3 axis gimbal. So while you can't control the pan it does pan as it tries to keep the image as steady as possible. That image probably shows the drone affected by wind and the camera focused on it's focal point. If you turn too much it loses the focal point and finds a new one or pans depending on what the drone is doing.

I’m not sure mini can pan one way while flying a different direction, but all go4 app users have control of panning while craft is flying, it’s just a matter of guiding the pan with your finger on the app.
2020-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules