HDMI out signal interference
1890 3 2020-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottybo
lvl.1
United States

I have been using the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro for the last few months and have noticed an issue with the Smart Controller. When an HDMI cable is used for live video, there is signal interference between the controller and the drone. It occurs with both drones. Obviously, the HDMI cable feeds between the antenna on the controller.
I've done several searches and haven't had any luck on a solution.

Today, I took it to 200 feet and it completely lost the image.

Being able to go live on Facebook was the only real reason I purchased the drone and smart controller. (HDMI out is needed because I feed the video to Sling Studio).

Anyone know a solution to this? The only option I have thought that might help is to try a 90º HDMI adapter to reduce the amount of cable feeding directly in between the antenna.
2020-4-7
Use props
djiuser_B6S6GB0nK1SY
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Scott, we are having the same issue, do you find a solution eventually?
2021-3-10
Use props
Rojo21
New

United States

Did you ever figure this out? When I contacted DJI today about buying the controller, they told me HDMI only worked with the Phantom series. That's odd as their website specifically says that controller works with the Mavic line. So maybe the website is wrong and these people are correct?
2021-3-23
Use props
LordUK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problem here. Seems crazy to put a HDMI cable next to the antenna. I tried a 90deg adaptor to bring the cable out of the top but no improvement.
2021-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules