When charging the connector and casing around Osmo becomes hot
515 5 2020-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martin.ferenec
lvl.2
Slovenia

Hi
I just purchased my Osmo Mobile 3 Combo pack and when I went and charged it the USB C port on the Osmo becomes quite hot... also the buttons and the case around the port become hot.

Is this normal?

Thank you

Edit: I am using the USB cable that came in the box and a high quality charger that I charge all my other devices with no problems.
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Martin, may we verify what kind of charger you are using? What is its voltage and current?
2020-4-8
Use props
martin.ferenec
lvl.2
Slovenia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-8 23:56
Hi Martin, may we verify what kind of charger you are using? What is its voltage and current?

I use Aukey PA-U36 with output of 5 Volts @2.4 A MAX per port

I use it to charge my phone (Samsung S9+), my watch (Garmin Fenix 5X), earphones,...
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

martin.ferenec Posted at 4-9 01:49
I use Aukey PA-U36 with output of 5 Volts @2.4 A MAX per port

I use it to charge my phone (Samsung S9+), my watch (Garmin Fenix 5X), earphones,...

It is recommended to use the 5V, 2A USB adapter to charge the Osmo Mobile 3, any chance to have a try with another adapter to see if the issue persists?
2020-4-10
Use props
martin.ferenec
lvl.2
Slovenia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-10 19:28
It is recommended to use the 5V, 2A USB adapter to charge the Osmo Mobile 3, any chance to have a try with another adapter to see if the issue persists?

As an electronic technician to me that makes no sense... the voltage is what its important in this case and should be 5 V (as it is). Current on the charger is rated 2.4 A maximum per port (my Garmin watch when charging uses 0.2 A for example). So in layman's terms this mean that a circuit will "draw" only this much current as it needs. For example my Osmo Mobile 3 uses 1.75 A when charging (which is way below 2 A recommended limit). I have also tried charging it with an APC by Schneider Electric branded charger (also rated 5 V @ 2.4 A max) and it still heats up abnormally while charging.
2020-4-11
Use props
Haseeb Awan
lvl.1
Pakistan

You don't need to be concern, it is quite normal. My OM3 also got hot when I charged it for the first time, after that now it don't get hot while charging.
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules