YouTube live stream not working
13694 28 2020-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarMcD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1479610 ft
Ireland

When I click the button to 'Start Live Stream' I get a message saying 'livestream settings not saved' and it doesn't work. Anybody have any idea? I'm using a Huawei phone.
2020-4-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

delete it all the smartphone Mimo app. the bluetooth forget my device, and on the OSmoAction   wireless connection,  reboot the phone, then reapply.   never know.
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the troubles on live stream, did you update the firmware of the Osmo Action to v01.08.00.10 or a later version? Additionally, the Osmo Action needs to be used with v1.2.20 or a later version of DJI Mimo. As Fishycomics mentioned, forget all the connections and try again, if the issue persists, please post a screenshot of the error message here for further support.
2020-4-8
Use props
DarMcD
lvl.3
Ireland

My house modem works off a mobile 4G signal, not a fixed landine so would that play a role in the amount of subscribers needed?
This is the message I get:

Settings for the steam:
Screenshot_20200409_110024_dji.mimo.jpg
Screenshot_20200409_110024_dji.mimo.jpg
Screenshot_20200409_110035_dji.mimo.jpg
2020-4-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

About right, the  MMBS would also be higher to.
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_fPltyE930PGx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey did you get this working? I can't get my device to go live on either Facebook or YouTube?
2020-4-23
Use props
Hetz Ben-Hamo
lvl.2
Israel

djiuser_fPltyE930PGx Posted at 4-23 11:57
Hey did you get this working? I can't get my device to go live on either Facebook or YouTube?

Look at the forum, I published few videos how to stream both to YouTube and to Facebook
2020-4-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

djiuser_fPltyE930PGx Posted at 4-23 11:57
Hey did you get this working? I can't get my device to go live on either Facebook or YouTube?

explain some detail. besides it does not work....
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_fPltyE930PGx
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 4-23 12:50
explain some detail. besides it does not work....

Same issues as reported above for YouTube where it says stream settings not saved and for Facebook it was saying there was a connection error each time
2020-4-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

maybe change off 5.0 ghz and try try again.  
2020-4-25
Use props
JamesKB
New
United States

I am EXTREMELY upset. I bought this camera 7 days ago with the EXPLICIT intent to do livestreeaming.
I have updated the firmware and am running the latest version of the DJI mimo app.
I have gone through every single menu and submenu on the camera AND the app on my phone.
Nowhere is there a menu for "LiveStream Settings" or anything like that.
Someone needs to rectify this. This is the entire reason I bought this camera, and I can't use it as I wanted to.
2020-5-5
Use props
digitaly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5128 ft

United Kingdom

DarMcD Posted at 4-9 02:16
My house modem works off a mobile 4G signal, not a fixed landine so would that play a role in the amount of subscribers needed?
This is the message I get:
[view_image]

have you solved?
2020-5-30
Use props
DarMcD
lvl.3
Ireland

No, I suspect the problem may be that I don't have 1,000 subscribers.
2020-5-30
Use props
scharique
New

United States

fact of the matter is that DJI released this feature half-baked and they are not watching and reading the feedback anywhere. Upon following the suggestions here and another thread, it just wont work. and I am not the only one.
2020-8-25
Use props
joeaphiboon
New

Singapore

I think it's about the audience selection that youtube need us to declare the vdo is made for kids or not which mimo app does not allow us to select and save it.  This is what i found...After you click start live streaming on the mimo app and get the error, please check at your youtube studio via web browser and on the live stream schedule tab you will see your live streaming shows there but not live yet. I think we still have to wait for the app to be updated.
2020-11-3
Use props
HuwReesPhotography
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is insane. I've never come across a piece of kit that produces such good video, but then fails in almost every aspect of making connections. Be it streaming, the wireless mic (which you can't use while streaming) etc etc. Just like OP, this is the only reason I upgraded from the Pocket 1.
2020-11-7
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

Same here. Live stream to FB works well, but youtube doesn't work. The same error with settings not saved.
2020-12-12
Use props
OscarCK
lvl.1
Finland

joeaphiboon Posted at 11-3 22:36
I think it's about the audience selection that youtube need us to declare the vdo is made for kids or not which mimo app does not allow us to select and save it.  This is what i found...After you click start live streaming on the mimo app and get the error, please check at your youtube studio via web browser and on the live stream schedule tab you will see your live streaming shows there but not live yet. I think we still have to wait for the app to be updated.

One way to fix it is to go to Youtube studio and set the setting to default on No or Yes, if not changed the default is to ask every time.

Oscar
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_viTkNhE0vL5B
lvl.1

United States

I can livestream to Facebook, which I do not want at this time but am unable to get YouTube to work. Same "livestream settings not saved" error. I have tried all different settings in the YT Livestudio and Steaming options in Mimo. Does YouTube streaming work for anyone?
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_viTkNhE0vL5B
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_viTkNhE0vL5B Posted at 3-13 13:38
I can livestream to Facebook, which I do not want at this time but am unable to get YouTube to work. Same "livestream settings not saved" error. I have tried all different settings in the YT Livestudio and Steaming options in Mimo. Does YouTube streaming work for anyone?

Oh Yeah, using an Osmo Action
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_pjtYe3vBC5HP
New

Poland

Everybody said:
Buy GoPro
You should always by the best product of kind of  category, not substitution. I didn't listen to them. Another lesson in life
2021-3-13
Use props
da31fox
New

United States

After many many tries, I was finally able to live stream.
Thru Facebook worked fine, no issue, but was on direct profile, could not stream to a group, so that was not helpful.
Then I tried with Youtube, just kept getting the dumb message  'livestream settings not saved".
Then I tried with Twitch using RTMP, but no luck.
So after some more research found there are some settings you have to do in Youtube to live stream. First was to enable live streams in my Youtube channel, once that is done, you have to wait 24 hours for it to be used (lame). Second I could not actually get the Youtube app in DJI Mimo to work, I ended up doing it with RTMP on Youtube.
In Youtube, go to Settings (currently its is the gear icon on the far left menu, you have to scroll down to see it), click on "Channel status and features", you must enable "Features that require phone verification"  (Videos over 15 minutes, custom thumbnails, live streaming, and Content ID appeals), this was quick text, put in code. done, then wait 24 hours.
I then made a second channel just for live streaming kids sports events (had to enable the live stream on the new channel and wait another 24 hours, again lame).
Next in Youtube from Dashboard, clicked Create (top right corner), select Go Live, this will open YouTube Studio. I then had to schedule a live stream, click the big blue Schedule Stream button (top right of screen). For my test I picked the current time.
Next comes setting up your phone/app. Again I used the RTMP option not the YouTube option for this.
I enabled my phones hotspot, then on Network selected connect manually, entered hotspot network name, and password, it connected. Then enter the RTMP URL, this is the tricky part. In the YouTube Studio it will give you the RTMP URL, rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2  which is generic, the unique part that is JUST FOR YOUR CHANNEL, DO NOT GIVE IT OUT, it is called your Stream Key, in YouTube Studio it is not displayed, it is *********************** you have to click the little eye icon to see it, and it will only show it for a few seconds, or you can click the copy button and paste it onto a notepad  or something and maybe write it down or save it on your phone just in case the DJI app forgets it. But you then after modify the RTMP URL by adding your Stream Key to the end like this: rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
Then you can hit start live stream in the app and it should connect to YouTube.
I hope that helps.
2021-3-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

understanding peoples first time,   not easy to you figue it out,
2021-3-18
Use props
betograngeia
New

Brazil

Hey, guys! I've solved this problem. I unstalled the app DJI Mimo and reinstalled the apk from DJI's site. Do not use the app from Play Store.

https://www.dji.com/br/mimo/info#downloads?site=brandsite&from=insite_search

2021-9-3
Use props
betograngeia
New

Brazil

Hey, guys! I've solved this problem. I unstalled the app DJI Mimo and reinstalled the apk from DJI's site. Do not use the app from Play Store.  https://www.dji.com/br/mimo/info#downloads?site=brandsite&from=insite_search
2021-9-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

glad you resolved it.
2021-9-3
Use props
djiuser_dgSO7uglhhZb
New

United States

JamesKB Posted at 2020-5-5 03:18
I am EXTREMELY upset. I bought this camera 7 days ago with the EXPLICIT intent to do livestreeaming.
I have updated the firmware and am running the latest version of the DJI mimo app.
I have gone through every single menu and submenu on the camera AND the app on my phone.

I am having the same issue, we're able to solve it? This is ridiculous DJI....
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_fWT0f8rocZU3
New
United States

I’m having this same exact issue and has been frustrating unable to find a solution can any one help
2023-2-27
Use props
hayabusa_1988
lvl.1

Japan

da31fox Posted at 2021-3-17 20:39
After many many tries, I was finally able to live stream.
Thru Facebook worked fine, no issue, but was on direct profile, could not stream to a group, so that was not helpful.
Then I tried with Youtube, just kept getting the dumb message  'livestream settings not saved".

Okay everything you say makes sense! Thanks for this helpful report! By the way, you were able to resolve the BIG FAT BUG ISSUE that DJI has in its mimo app! You should be an exploiter and beta tester i am sure you can get paid well for it! Thanks for exposing the bug! ❤️
2023-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules