New DJI Osmo Mobile 3 not responsive/working.
655 5 2020-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nhastie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202749 ft
United Kingdom

So, I just bought a new Osmo 3 Mobile, and having received it, followed the set-up instructions, I am having no luck with it.
It appears to be connected to the phone (iPhone 8) but none of the functions work.
The status LED is just flashing yellow non-stop - the only time I have seen it green, was when I powered up with the gimbal in locked position, but on extending it, it changed back to flashing yellow.
I have downloaded the app, signed in, activated, all the steps several times now, and nothing happens - it just sits there, flashing yellow and not respoding to any button presses etc.

HELP - is this a broken device & a return job ??

N
2020-4-8
Use props
nhastie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update: Just returning it - not wasting time with something that does not work.
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Mobile 3, did you attach the phone? We were wondering whether your device entered Standby Mode by accident and the System Status LED keeps blinking yellow without the Bluetooth connection. It is recommended to make sure the phone is attached and balanced, then press M Buttons three times to see if it works.
Sorry to know you have returned the device, for any technical difficulties, it is recommended to contact our support team for troubleshooting first, please keep us updated if you have any further concern, thank you.
2020-4-8
Use props
nhastie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I followed all the steps from the DJI manual and online videos, from  unpacking the device to charging, to turning on first time etc, balancing, attaching the phone, using the app, etc etc ..at least 9 separate times and nothing would work. Tried pressing M 3 times, resetting the Bluetooth, all of that, but it didn’t help.
I tried to contact the support team, but was told they were unavailable at the current time.
2020-4-8
Use props
Haseeb Awan
lvl.1
Pakistan

nhastie Posted at 4-8 23:55
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I followed all the steps from the DJI manual and online videos, from  unpacking the device to charging, to turning on first time etc, balancing, attaching the phone, using the app, etc etc ..at least 9 separate times and nothing would work. Tried pressing M 3 times, resetting the Bluetooth, all of that, but it didn’t help.
I tried to contact the support team, but was told they were unavailable at the current time.

Do a little trick, it worked for a friend of mine.
When you connect the mobile and the yellow led is blinking, leave the device and mobile for about 15 minutes. The led will turn into steady green I hope so. Give it a try
2020-5-14
Use props
nhastie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for your replies.

So, it turns out after I returned the unit and received a replacement I noticed something - the original unit that I had received was NOT brand new !
As per the replacement unit I received - the first box had NO seal, and the unit itself was missing a couple of the stickers that come on the 'new' units.

I definitely was sent a broken unit - I suspect one that had been returned previously by another customer - Not great!

Good news - the new replacement unit worked just fine.. first time, no issues!

Thanks all.
2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules