Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Connection via cable?
1731 13 2020-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb56ab69
lvl.1

South Africa

A question:
Is there any way of extending the connection between the OP and your iPhone other than with the wi-fi module? I want to use the OP on a bracket on the outside of my car and connect it to my iPhone inside the car with a cable. Is there a lightning extension cable of any sort? I've never seen a cable that has a female lightning on one end and a male on the other...
Or any other ideas?

2020-4-9
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hi,
You could try this cable in the IPhone version:
Aliexpress
I don't know exactly about the IPhone, but I use the version that works with micro-usb connection and that works very well.
Greetings
2020-4-9
Use props
fans0b7f424b
New
Mexico

Dji osmo pocket does not turn on and does not charge.  
2020-4-9
Use props
fanscb56ab69
lvl.1

South Africa

fans0b7f424b Posted at 4-9 11:43
Dji osmo pocket does not turn on and does not charge.

I think you're in the wrong thread...
2020-4-9
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

You connect using the USB-C port on the bottom of the Pocket. There are countless lightning to USB-C cords available: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=lightning+ti+usb-c&ref=nb_sb_noss
Pocket.png
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

the type-c interface on the bottom OsmoPocket is able to set up AOA/MFI connection, if you have the correct type-c to lightning cable.
2020-4-9
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

DJI-ytao Posted at 4-9 20:18
the type-c interface on the bottom OP is able to set up AOA/MFI connection, if you have the correct type-c to lightning cable.

"the type-c interface on the bottom OP is able to set up AOA/MFI connection"

There  you have it! Now, get out your acronym to English dictionary and see if that makes sense to you!
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Curt1591 Posted at 4-9 21:13
"the type-c interface on the bottom OP is able to set up AOA/MFI connection"

There  you have it! Now, get out your acronym to English dictionary and see if that makes sense to you!

I shall explain:

AOA means android connection(type-c to micro usb, type-c to type-c cable)
MFI means ios connection (typc-c to lightning  or typc-c to type-a  +iphone cable)

It is not that sophisticate , but need to do some research.

And Above is my personal suggestion, u need to know the cable well to manipulate it.  
(the lightning cable needs to follow apple standard )

2020-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, officially, Osmo Pocket can only be connected via the smartphone adapter and Wireless Module, sorry that there is no extension cable can be recommended.
2020-4-9
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

DJI-ytao Posted at 4-9 22:26
I shall explain:

AOA means android connection(type-c to micro usb, type-c to type-c cable)

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure "fanscb56ab69", who was baffled by this adaptor conundrum, already new the acronyms.

Working in telco tech support, for over 2 decades, I have always stuck by one acronym when working with clients: KISS

"Keep It Simple Stupid"

Thats' why I even included a diagram in my post

And Wendy, the OP will still need a cable, or buy the wireless, to use the extension rod with the phone.

2020-4-10
Use props
fanscb56ab69
lvl.1

South Africa

Curt1591 Posted at 4-9 21:13
"the type-c interface on the bottom OP is able to set up AOA/MFI connection"

Hi Curt,
I tried connecting via the USB-C port using a lightning / USB adapter from the iPhone connected to a USB / USB-C cable to the OP. Didn't work!
Perhaps if I can track down a one-piece USB-C / lightning cable I'll try again, but it needs to be a good one that can handle the data not just a charging-type cable. Yes?
We're in strict lockdown at present so I'll be lucky to get a piece of string!
2020-4-10
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

fanscb56ab69 Posted at 4-10 01:40
Hi Curt,
I tried connecting via the USB-C port using a lightning / USB adapter from the iPhone connected to a USB / USB-C cable to the OP. Didn't work!
Perhaps if I can track down a one-piece USB-C / lightning cable I'll try again, but it needs to be a good one that can handle the data not just a charging-type cable. Yes?

This one should work: https://www.apple.com/shop/produ ... -cable-1-m?fnode=97

The pull down also shows a 2 meter available.

Apple will ship
2020-4-10
Use props
fanscb56ab69
lvl.1

South Africa

Curt1591 Posted at 4-10 01:53
This one should work: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MX0K2AM/A/usb-c-to-lightning-cable-1-m?fnode=97

The pull down also shows a 2 meter available.

You won't believe this! Just scrabbling through my box of a million cables of all sorts and sizes and found a Type C / lightning cable I didn't even know I had - and it works!! There is a God after all!..
2020-4-10
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

fanscb56ab69 Posted at 4-10 02:33
You won't believe this! Just scrabbling through my box of a million cables of all sorts and sizes and found a Type C / lightning cable I didn't even know I had - and it works!! There is a God after all!..

Great!
2020-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules