Batteries
1119 10 2020-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

My 2 inspire 1Pros are only 3.5 and 4 years old and the batteries are reaching their end of life. I have looked after them carefully. Can they be recycled or replaced? I have almost $20,000 invested in my inspires and expect a lot of work at the end of the pandemic. How can I solve the battery issue please? It will very much affect how I invest in the future. Thanks.
2020-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ralphhuttonthompson, we are sorry to know the batteries have reached their end of life, the warranty period of the battery is 6 Months and charge cycle less than 200 times, I'm afraid your battery is unable to be warrantied. It is recommended to contact a professional battery disposal/recycling agent for further assistance.
2020-4-9
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

thanks but my question was how can I purchase new batteries (I did not request warranty replacement). I’m not  aware of any third party suppliers, could you give me a link to these please. The battery is key to flying safely so I need reliable approved batteries.
2020-4-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ralphhuttonthompson Posted at 4-10 04:20
thanks but my question was how can I purchase new batteries (I did not request warranty replacement). I’m not  aware of any third party suppliers, could you give me a link to these please. The battery is key to flying safely so I need reliable approved batteries.

I hope I am not missing anything from your first post, but DJI has them in stock for purchase. DJI does not authorize third party batteries that I have seen these past years. Good idea to stock up on them as you require them.  If you need a DJI charging station.... I have one for sale

Rich
2020-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ralphhuttonthompson Posted at 4-10 04:20

Sorry for the misunderstanding, please find the retail stores here: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... ite&from=footer If they do not have any in stock, please contact DJI customers service support@dji.com to see whether you are able to get them from DJI repair center.
2020-4-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm not sure where have you been for last several months, but the shortage of Inspire 1 batteries issue is all over the Internet. This bird reached EOL long time ago, DJI is not manufacturing replacement batts since summer 2018. DIY people are replacing deteriorated LiPo packs with fresh removed from Matrice 100/600 batteries, some more brave/skilled are employing standard 6S LiPo batts. That's about all you can do for now, so don't discard old batteries yet ...
2020-4-11
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

I was asking the question to DJI. They have replied, thanks for your interest.
2020-4-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ralphhuttonthompson Posted at 4-11 14:42
I was asking the question to DJI. They have replied, thanks for your interest.

In contrary, you were asking for help at public forum, not DJI Support dept. You're very welcome ...
2020-4-12
Use props
neziri_granithotmail.com
New
Flight distance : 1516 ft

Sweden

Im borrowing this thread. I recently bought a used inspire 2. in the app, i can see that the batteries have been charged 18 times. Im the third owner of the drone.

I have two questions.

- Can i only see how many times the batteries have been charged per user? in other words, are those 18 times counted for both previous owners our just the last guy who owned the drone?
- Is 18 times considered many charges?
2020-4-20
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

neziri_granithotmail.com Posted at 4-20 01:58
Im borrowing this thread. I recently bought a used inspire 2. in the app, i can see that the batteries have been charged 18 times. Im the third owner of the drone.

I have two questions.

I believe DJI say 200 charges should be ok but is important to manage them carefully. Every 10 to 20 uses you need to run them flat and fully recharge them. If they are not being used for a while then you need to discharge them to around 50%. Part of yr preflight checklist should be to confirm the voltage of the 6 cells is within about o.o5 volts. If not then cycle the battery again to reset the smart monitoring. Make sure there's no bulges, if there is, discard them. Another thing is to occassionallly clean the contacts on both the battery and the Inspire, I use a Q tip & rubbing alcohol.
2020-4-20
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

DJI has just notified me that they have I1Pro batteries available. I’ve ordered 2 to provide as a contingency although my current stock of 8 are still performing well.
2020-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules