845 5 2020-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the bottom USB for the iPad connection.....leaving the charge port open.

Can you use a powerbank connected to the charge port, WHILE you are flying so as to keep the RC battery from draining so fast??

Has anyone done this?  This just popped into my head, and posted here.....I have NOT reviewed the Manual for this....

Thanks for any constructive input.

Randy
https://www.facebook.com/aerial.traffica
2020-4-9
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

M2Pro RC-PowerBank and Charge while Flying

Not sure how/why that duplicated......
2020-4-11
Use props
almacrae
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21467 ft
United States

The manual for the controller says that you can’t use the bottom USB port for an external device, like an iPad, with a cable plugged into the charge port.  I’ve experienced personally the fact that will not work.  That said, I have not tried to charge/power the controller while using the bottom port for my iPad.
2020-4-11
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

almacrae Posted at 4-11 17:05
The manual for the controller says that you can’t use the bottom USB port for an external device, like an iPad, with a cable plugged into the charge port.  I’ve experienced personally the fact that will not work.  That said, I have not tried to charge/power the controller while using the bottom port for my iPad.

Thanks for your info!

Fly safe

Randy
2020-4-12
Use props
Sparky_Man367
lvl.3
Flight distance : 895751 ft
  • >>>
United States

how do you do that, if it works cool but it does not seem like it will work
2020-4-15
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well,  I setup the system and turned everything on.....I had the RC and iPad charging.....I unplugged the charge cord to the iPad and plugged in the cord from the bottom of the RC

You can see in pic 1,  the charge indicator is showing 1 bar as it is charging, and it goes up and down to show charging
In Pic 2 you see the charge indicator all the way up....still charging.

I do have the AC on and unlocked NFZ while charging and literally ready to fly.    So this makes sense, as the power going IN,  is not on the same circuit as the power going out.

To be clear,  I have NOT flown with a powerbank plugged in......this was a test to see that all works as expected on the bench. And it did.

2020-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules