Mavic Air2 Is Coming How Many will Upgrade. Poll..........
1234Next >
8122 147 2020-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Answer yes or no to upgrade and pick your favorite new update for the Mavic Air2 or choose pro/zoom
And comment if you choose....

Is this the new Mavic air 2
DA3FC418-BB3A-4502-A22E-17CD5B389B9A.jpeg
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 176 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

15.70% (35)
48.88% (109)
15.25% (34)
3.14% (7)
5.38% (12)
4.48% (10)
2.69% (6)
4.48% (10)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-4-10
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

My thread done gone BOOM!!!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-212404-1-1.html

I am curious to discover if my Mini was a "gateway" to hard core Air2 or beyond!!
2020-4-10
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Even not sure what we will eat if this situation will stay longer so definitely will not buy anything this year.
2020-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Akirasho Posted at 4-10 05:28
My thread done gone BOOM!!!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-212404-1-1.html

Apologies didn’t see this thread, I think it is a marketing ploy and we are all marketing men’s Dream, it was very similar with spark it was around for awhile and up popped Mavic Air and many spark users just made the move over to the drone with all the xtra features they were dreaming of.
I think if MA2 has better camera and ocysync you will see many stretch the budget to get one, even those who initially say they won’t .
2020-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pashi Posted at 4-10 05:36
Even not sure what we will eat if this situation will stay longer so definitely will not buy anything this year.

Hopefully it will end soon and we will all deserve a treat ;+))::::::
2020-4-10
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-10 05:39
Apologies didn’t see this thread, I think it is a marketing ploy and we are all marketing men’s Dream, it was very similar with spark it was around for awhile and up popped Mavic Air and many spark users just made the move over to the drone with all the xtra features they were dreaming of.
I think if MA2 has better camera and ocysync you will see many stretch the budget to get one, even those who initially say they won’t .

I can still see the thread  from my profile, but it does  show on the page main!   No apologies needed!    Great minds!!
2020-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll be sticking with the M2P for sometime (hopefully).
2020-4-10
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Expected outputs of 2-3 alternatives to DJI drones with excellent characteristics, we must all watch!
2020-4-10
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

I doubt I'll buy another Dji drone, too many unresolved problems downloaded to the customer.
2020-4-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Decided not to keep the Skydio 2.  Had no problem selling it, even made a little on the deal.  So most definitely looking to buy MA2.  Need to do a little research before I decide Pro or Zoom.  Definitely hope it has Occusync.
2020-4-10
Use props
Luca90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429938 ft
Italy

Well, I'm very interested to the Mavic Air 2, but now, without any further information, for me it's difficult to say if it will be the upgrade of the Mini.
I'm waiting for some more specs, then I'll decide.
BTW for me these are the crucial points:
- Sensor and it's density (the size i'm sure it will be 1/2,3' like every non Pro model)
- Weight (for the upcoming EASA rules)
- CE marking for drones classes (EASA rules again)
- Transmission type (hope Occusync, even if the 1.0 version).

2020-4-10
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

No reason for me to upgrade. Maybe as an additional drone, but only if the absolutely most important thing is included: low noise propeller. There are also no specs yet.
2020-4-10
Use props
O Ynot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220079 ft
United Kingdom

I have no plan to upgrade, but if a new model came out I would like to see longer battery life and waypoints - a zoom would be great.
2020-4-10
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

2 versions
https://unlimitedrone.com/2020/03/29/new-dji-drone-leaks-mavic-air-2-updated-review/

I dont understand so much controllers models. Xbox pad is still near the same all the time for example amd 100% comfortable.
2020-4-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Only a DJI drone with 1" Hasselblad sensor and nice motorized zoom lens will catch my attention now ... Full frame sensor will be even better. Anything else is basically the same meal served over and over in slightly different wrapping, shuffling bells and whistles there and here ...
2020-4-10
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Only if it will be able to RTH without GPS. GPS spoofing become huge problem in most countries recently.
2020-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pashi Posted at 4-10 13:18
Only if it will be able to RTH without GPS. GPS spoofing become huge problem in most countries recently.

Not sure if that will happen, skydio has it but if you don’t have good light good luck with getting your drone home.
2020-4-10
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

MARTINEZX Posted at 4-10 11:54
2 versions
https://unlimitedrone.com/2020/03/29/new-dji-drone-leaks-mavic-air-2-updated-review/

the one has no ADS-B it also has no upward sensor and I think is occusync 1
2020-4-10
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'd say no but we all know I'm going to be getting one

DJI is like a drug and I can't help myself
2020-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-10 17:21
What is the point of this when there is no information available about the Mavic Air 2 specs?  Are folks voting to upgrade doing so just because it's called the "2"?  Why not pose this question after the upgraded features are published to garnish informed opinions?

I think 42 people voted so maybe their entitled to an early opinion .It was put up on mini forum to see would new mini users be interested in upgrading .
I seem to remember talk about a mavic 2 for almost 3 years .
2020-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-10 17:44
I suppose but an opinion on what?  If you posted a posted a poll asking, "Who is planning on upgrading to the Mavic 7 Pro?" you'll get responses on that as well.  It just doesn't mean anything until we know what the Mavic 7 Pro offers.

Well I suppose we shouldn’t discuss anything before it comes up according to you, we can still discuss when we see specs, in fact there is 30 videos already discussing it on YT and have been for months now, maybe you should go over there and let them know they shouldn’t be wasting their time discussing anything until we see the specs, in fact I think we will see continued you tubers discussion on the Mavic air 2 from now until it comes out and for a long time after that.

There has been no even rumor about M7 yet as far as I know.

Escapism part of human nature, I would have thought Star Wars fan would understand that .
2020-4-10
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-10 18:22
Personally I don't waste time with the rumor & speculation videos.  I wait for specs so I have something tangible upon which to develop an informed opinion.   That's just me, of course.

Disney managed to kill Star Wars, just as I feared would happen when they purchased the franchise from Lucas.   I expressed my reservations when the sale took place.  "The Last Jedi" was "the last straw" for me.  I actually sold all 45 of my custom lightsabers.

Somehow I just knew you were a light saber owner ;-) That's cool.
2020-4-10
Use props
JeromeM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178793 ft
United States

Let's see the update. Perso I could change my Mavic Air by the Air 2 if battery + occusync + lower than 800g.
2020-4-11
Use props
Corger
lvl.4
United States

So far it looks tempting, but I'm still in the "I'm not sure" category.  It depends on the price, performance, and the competition.  I'm leaning towards Autel drone if I get another drone.
2020-4-11
Use props
Corger
lvl.4
United States

JeromeM Posted at 4-11 05:23
Let's see the update. Perso I could change my Mavic Air by the Air 2 if battery + occusync + lower than 800g.

Not drone related, but sweet little tri you have!  
2020-4-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Corger Posted at 4-11 05:42
So far it looks tempting, but I'm still in the "I'm not sure" category.  It depends on the price, performance, and the competition.  I'm leaning towards Autel drone if I get another drone.

Autel promise a lot but have been found wanting, I would be inclined to wait see how their drone performs first , the whole 8k is a bit strange particularly in a camera same sensor as Mavic air, the pro model might be good but it needs to be because both M2P and M2Z are excellent .
2020-4-11
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Happy with my mini. No need to upgrade and spend a ...load of money.
2020-4-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I choose 'no' but that is based on the assumption it is not CE approved (regarding the new AESA rules)
2020-4-12
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Too early for reasonable decision. We'll see, but OcuSync, 3500mAh battery or more solid build quality (props) could be the reason to upgrade...
2020-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

virtual Posted at 4-12 02:12
Too early for reasonable decision. We'll see, but OcuSync, 3500mAh battery or more solid build quality (props) could be the reason to upgrade...

Well if it’s build you’re worried about, can tell you Mavic air is one of the best built craft if not the best built in dji consumer craft, not sure what you mean by props
2020-4-12
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-12 02:32
Well if it’s build you’re worried about, can tell you Mavic air is one of the best built craft if not the best built in dji consumer craft, not sure what you mean by props

I experienced sudden uncommand descent with not enough power/fly with caution warning and changing the rear (visually undemaged) propellers solved the problem. I'll report more in own thread.
I hope that build quality of Air 1 will be kept for Air 2. The leaks show similarity to M2 and MM and I like that design. But design is not the most important parameter...
2020-4-12
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

Pashi Posted at 4-10 05:36

Yup, same with me. I put a large home improvement project on hold until this passes.

But... when things get back to normal and my early retirement gets back on track I'll be upgrading to something just not sure what yet.
2020-4-12
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

2020-4-13
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Who am I kidding I will probably upgrade Im like a drone magpie! That said Ive never really used the MA a massive amount kinda kept is a backup, but its is much easier to carry about, I know the mini is even easier but the MA has handled more challenging conditions when ive asked it. I didnt buy a mini cos I had the MA! The main feature I think would make me switch would be a zoom cam and better battery life.
2020-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Schmooit Posted at 4-13 07:05
Who am I kidding I will probably upgrade Im like a drone magpie! That said Ive never really used the MA a massive amount kinda kept is a backup, but its is much easier to carry about, I know the mini is even easier but the MA has handled more challenging conditions when ive asked it. I didnt buy a mini cos I had the MA! The main feature I think would make me switch would be a zoom cam and better battery life.

I agree with you about MA and just like you I don’t really use so much but I travel with it because of camera and portability, I do think if MA2 has ocusync I would seriously think of changing my MA .
2020-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Interesting plenty of scope, looking forward now .
2020-4-13
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-13 07:54
I agree with you about MA and just like you I don’t really use so much but I travel with it because of camera and portability, I do think if MA2 has ocusync I would seriously think of changing my MA .

Yeah same I luv my M2P I bought the Zoom cam so I could swap and find the zoom is really handy when you need to get close but cant get as close as you want or should. Occusync would make a big difference too.

The only thing I find with the MA is the battery is a bit short so you need to have the extra one you, but the portability is good if you put in the little sleeve case it fits in a rucksack or messenger bag easy. I think Im warming to the mini also as an everyday carry, the number of times I wish I had something with me that is easy to get airborne. I reckon a flip out simple screen on the controller wold be a great idea on all, it wouldnt have to be high res just enough to see the the shot, destination like the smart controller but easier to store and carry (I rememeber the old Donkey Kong game and watch so somehting like the Nintendo DS screen would work, just think how simple it would be to deploy, Controlller on flip out screen and antenna, turn on drone get airborne, not of the faff of trying to get the arms to be in the right position to fit your phone then getting the cabel to connect!
2020-4-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I might go for one if the larger battery means at least 30 minutes flight time.
2020-4-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 4-14 14:21
I might go for one if the larger battery means at least 30 minutes flight time.

Don’t think you’ll get 30min this is a much smaller drone than Mavic2 but it’s also going to be a lot heavier than mini , I think 25 min will be good enough, filiming with drones for more than 15 minutes at a time is extremely difficult so I think it 25 min will be good, but we will have to wait to see.
2020-4-14
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

True upgrade to flight time (battery, motor and prop efficiency) telemetry in urban environment, enhanced human factors... PRICE( BALANCED WITH PRODUCTS RESPONSES FROM DJI COMPETITORS... is any other maker ready to challenge the Mini?  Put other makers on their back foot putting out DJI fires).

Money is not logical.  What and how much we spend is fluid (I am redundant... 20 bikes, 5 DSLRs, multiple action cams, digital cams, film cams, and a boat load of computers... one dog, for now.)  Another Mini, or a step up?  DJI or a worthy alternative.  That is how I roll.
2020-4-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules