Unable to clear Smart Controller cache
10208 14 2020-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
View55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67592 ft
United States

I am using the Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller. I am unable to clear the cache.
Following the steps under General Settings and pressing the "Clear Video Cache" button.
All the video cache options are off.
Next, reformat the SD Card and Internal Storage.
When I reboot the Smart Controller I still get the message "Warning Insufficient Storage Space, Clear Space.
I click on the "Clear" button
Then I reboot the Smart Controller again I still get the message "Warning Insufficient Storage Space, Clear Space.
When I look at the "Internal Shared Storage" it shows 10.0 GB in a folder named "Other"

How do I delete "Other"?

2020-4-10
Use props
Jonatan.C.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

Why not try to restore the factory settings
2020-4-11
Use props
View55
lvl.1
United States

A lot has happened since the reply "Restore factory settings". The big one was during a video shoot, backing out of a 2nd story window and rotating to video up river, the drone clipped  the upper thin branches of a 35" tall tree and tumbled down into the river, which was about 12 ft deep at the point of entry. The embankment was 15" down and covered in thick blackberry bushes.

The drone stayed there for a week while I found a kayak and purchased a tethered underwater camera taped to a pole to find it. After retrieving it and sending it in under the extended warranty, It was a total loss. Other than having to purchase another battery the new drone was free.

So yes the Smart Controller was reset to Factory settings. Now the controller is full again. The save photos & video to controller is turned off. It only saves to the Mavic flash card.

The warning says "Insufficient storage space. Unable to save photos and video or install apps. Clear space and try again."

If I click on "Clear" it opens up a folder named "Other" where I am unable to delete anything.

If I ignore it it doesn't run out of space. I can continue to photograph and do long videos because it is recording to the Mavic card.

I also tried reinstalling the current firmware but when it gets to 99% it says error.

Why should I have to "restore the factory settings" every month?

What is "Other" full of and how to delete it?
2020-7-21
Use props
djiuser_B4i9AYFRgnTY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8996 ft
United States

View55 Posted at 7-21 21:46
A lot has happened since the reply "Restore factory settings". The big one was during a video shoot, backing out of a 2nd story window and rotating to video up river, the drone clipped  the upper thin branches of a 35" tall tree and tumbled down into the river, which was about 12 ft deep at the point of entry. The embankment was 15" down and covered in thick blackberry bushes.

The drone stayed there for a week while I found a kayak and purchased a tethered underwater camera taped to a pole to find it. After retrieving it and sending it in under the extended warranty, It was a total loss. Other than having to purchase another battery the new drone was free.

The same thing is happening to me with updating firm ware V01.00.0820. I have reformated SD card in my mavic 2, ejected the sd card in the smart controller, keep getting the same error you mentioned and firmware will not update... I cannot figure how to fix.  even connecting to DJI assist on desktop not helping
2020-9-23
Use props
bumper
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_B4i9AYFRgnTY Posted at 9-23 19:41
The same thing is happening to me with updating firm ware V01.00.0820. I have reformated SD card in my mavic 2, ejected the sd card in the smart controller, keep getting the same error you mentioned and firmware will not update... I cannot figure how to fix.  even connecting to DJI assist on desktop not helping

Same thing here. Firmware update loads and then fails at 99%. I've deleted the videos and photos from cache but it still shows too little free space to accomplish the update.
2020-9-29
Use props
Photog3513
lvl.2

United States

I'm having the same issue, updates gets to 99% and then stops, or doesn't do anything.
I'm hesitant to do a factory reset, I don't really have anything on the smart controller.

Thoughts??

Thanks for the help.

Best,

Joe
2020-9-30
Use props
fans82cf4a91
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here.
2020-10-10
Use props
View55
lvl.1
United States

Still no solution but a work around. Since July (4 months ago) when the controller was reset, it slowly became full and the boot-up warnings started again.

The warnings say the Storage Space is full and the two options are Cancel or Clear Space. If I choose Clear Space it still takes me into the system where the folder is full but doesn't allow me to delete.

I am saving pictures and video to the card on the Mavic, not to the controller but it still gives the warning that I won't be able to save pictures unless I clear space.

Instead I have been choosing Cancel and going ahead with the flight and saving pictures and video without any problem.

Still a mystery
2020-11-18
Use props
ffoulem
lvl.1
Canada

View55 Posted at 2020-11-18 14:39
Still no solution but a work around. Since July (4 months ago) when the controller was reset, it slowly became full and the boot-up warnings started again.

The warnings say the Storage Space is full and the two options are Cancel or Clear Space. If I choose Clear Space it still takes me into the system where the folder is full but doesn't allow me to delete.

I had the same problem today, as it was refusing to do a recommended systems update. I found a folder called DRAFT which had about 3GB of text files, I guess a log of sorts. Purged that, rebooted and gained over 3GB of space, to enable the systems update, which is now underway.  
2021-2-9
Use props
LMuliolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2087779 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same issue.  When I delete the video files under file manager, they keep somehow mysteriously coming back.  I have done this multiple times.   Confused here.
2021-5-19
Use props
LMuliolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2087779 ft
  • >>>
United States

LMuliolis Posted at 5-19 04:08
I am having the same issue.  When I delete the video files under file manager, they keep somehow mysteriously coming back.  I have done this multiple times.   Confused here.

Clearing the text files like someone above suggested appears to have worked, now my Smart Controller does not complain about just powering on without connecting to my M2P.   Will fly later today, assuming it will remain that way.  Still can't figure out why deleting videos, refreshing, not seeing them anymore, then those same videos reappearing an hour later is all about.
2021-5-19
Use props
BamaDriver
New

United States

Don't know if anyone figured this out but I had the same problem and found in:

Other->DJI->dji.go.v4->

The "CACHE_Image"folder and the "DJI Album" folder.

Deleted all the files in both of them and it worked fine.
2021-6-23
Use props
Wilburforce9er
New
United States

BamaDriver Posted at 6-23 19:35

Other->DJI->dji.go.v4->

Thanks for this. I did this as well and it freed up about 4GB in my "Other" folder. I'll explore some more adn see if I can find more to delete in this g
dji.go.v4" folder. One difference is that I accidentally deleted the whole "CACHE_image" folder. Hopefully this doesn't screw with my next flight. Will keep you posted.
2021-9-3
Use props
djiuser_K28XXThHJ3NS
lvl.1

United States

BamaDriver Posted at 2021-6-23 19:35

Other->DJI->dji.go.v4->

This is the way! Thank you so much.

I had the exact problem as OP and this fixed it. I deleted all of files except .remote_info, and everything else was a .jpg thumbnail from a bunch of flights I took months ago. Not sure what they're being saved from, but that's the solution.
I also have a folder called

dji.go.v5 > CACHE_IMAGE > Metadata

and within that there's a bunch of .json files. Here's an example: Photo_6553601_DJI_1_JPG_1055...._photo_original.json.
Does anyone know what these files are for and if I can delete them? The most recent files was a month ago.

Then there's CACHE_IMAGE > ImageCaches which seems to have every single photo I've ever taken–with obviously much smaller file sizes that have keywords such as PREVIEW or THUMBNAIL, but I've never saved photos to the device so I wonder why it's caching and not clearing when it needs more space.

I've done a better job at researching this than DJI Support could assist me. They just need to attach those Cache folders to their clearing function and this whole issue could be solved simply.
2022-4-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Take the SD card out of the controller while it is off, then with the SD card OUT turn on the controller and see what it says.  I have an SD card in the craft, and one in the controller, and got the same message, I did what I said, and now all is fine, BUT I no konger put the SD card in the controller.
2022-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules