Did something super cool with my mini today!
1153 14 2020-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danameskilo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 512395 ft
United States

https://vm.tiktok.com/n54RDx/
https://vm.tiktok.com/n54RDx/
2020-4-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha dana,

Nice effort!  But be sure you are being safe when you are doing something like that.  Your Mini can carry the Coronavirus just like the cute flower pot can also carry the virus.  (The virus can be viable for hours and even days depending on the surface.)  We really have no way to tell if the virus is present, so we have to assume it is always present.  And this will get worse as time passes in the near future.

It helps to have a spray bottle with 91% rubbing alcohol in it to spray anything touched, supplemented with paper towel, and be sure to wash hands after touching the Mini, the controller, the pot, etc. and be sure your parents do the same.  The alcohol, chlorine bleach and soap are the defense and each defense has it's applications.  

My concern is because what you did was inspiring, but without noting these possible breaches of safe practice in the video, or supporting text, those who want to try something similar, but have active virus present, could create a virus related problem.  We want to spread safe practices, not Coronavirus.

Hope this helps!  Be safe.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-11
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 4-11 02:00
Aloha dana,

Nice effort!  But be sure you are being safe when you are doing something like that.  Your Mini can carry the Coronavirus just like the cute flower pot can also carry the virus.  (The virus can be viable for hours and even days depending on the surface.)  We really have no way to tell if the virus is present, so we have to assume it is always present.  And this will get worse as time passes in the near future.

i think they will be ok, i didnt notice anyone coughing on the flowerpot or photograph ;)
2020-4-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bezik Posted at 4-11 02:22
i think they will be ok, i didnt notice anyone coughing on the flowerpot or photograph ;)

Aloha Bezik,

Neither did I.  Be safe.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-11
Use props
danameskilo
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 4-11 02:00
Aloha dana,

Nice effort!  But be sure you are being safe when you are doing something like that.  Your Mini can carry the Coronavirus just like the cute flower pot can also carry the virus.  (The virus can be viable for hours and even days depending on the surface.)  We really have no way to tell if the virus is present, so we have to assume it is always present.  And this will get worse as time passes in the near future.

Thanks so much for your concern. We washed hands and sanitized the objects before sending, and my parents washed hands as well.
2020-4-11
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I'd be far more concerned about flight safety. I liked @danameskilo idea but he probably knew how to do it... but it's still a dangerous business.

Flying with one temporarily secured unbalanced and unknown to us weight, unknown content of possible compass interference (I've seen coins used to plug a vase bottom), how did it land and take off again, that's only possibile if you operate vLoS, thus not really an option for piloting on a flat ground (unless you're really really close) and feasible only if you launch from a vantage point.

Just my 2 cents contribute for those DIYers that may think it's cool to replicate... it's a good stunt but you must really know how to do it.
2020-4-11
Use props
danameskilo
lvl.3
United States

m80116 Posted at 4-11 11:09
I'd be far more concerned about flight safety. I liked @danameskilo idea but he probably knew how to do it... but it's still a dangerous business.

Flying with one temporarily secured unbalanced and unknown to us weight, unknown content of possible compass interference (I've seen coins used to plug a vase bottom), how did it land and take off again, that's only possibile if you operate vLoS, thus not really an option for piloting on a flat ground (unless you're really really close) and feasible only if you launch from a vantage point.

Pro tip. I didnt actually fly from my home, with the payload I had to relaunch from their front yard
2020-4-11
Use props
Pipistrello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 670381 ft
Italy

Bezik Posted at 4-11 02:22
i think they will be ok, i didnt notice anyone coughing on the flowerpot or photograph ;)

It's more about cross-contamination.
It's something like this:  (a) Sender coughs x in his hand - (b) touches drone and pot -  (c) contaminated drone and pot are delivered - (d) recipient touches drone and pot - (e) recipient has x .
This could also happen backwards (e) -> (a)

2020-4-11
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

Pipistrello Posted at 4-11 13:57
It's more about cross-contamination.
It's something like this:  (a) Sender coughs x in his hand - (b) touches drone and pot -  (c) contaminated drone and pot are delivered - (d) recipient touches drone and pot - (e) recipient has x .
This could also happen backwards (e) -> (a)

2020-4-11
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

I thought it was a wonderful idea, and a detail to your parents BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations, I loved the video.
2020-4-11
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

nice & cool...
2020-4-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice gesture.
I am a bit concerned about flying this thing with something attached, but you had enough luck to get away with it.
2020-4-12
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

He told us it was staged... he had to re-launch from his parents front yard ;)
2020-4-12
Use props
danameskilo
lvl.3
United States

m80116 Posted at 4-12 03:33
He told us it was staged... he had to re-launch from his parents front yard ;)

Although I had originally intended to launch from a few blocks away
2020-4-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see how this is much riskier than receiving mail from who-knows-who has touched it, or even licked the stamp.

If you were to try it from 2 blocks away you might have to stand on your roof to keep good comms.
2020-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules