Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oldpilot1946
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30509 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hello again,
I can see that many people are having the same problem.

My Action is not being recognising by wi-fi or bluetooth

I have been looking at dozens of suggestions but no luck
I have updated the Firmware via sd card
I have reinstalled Mimo
Reset the camera
Flight is on
Mobile Data off
Bluetooth and Wifi on
Reset the Wireless, new password

Thanks again,
oldpilot1946

2020-4-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

factory reset. clear it all out I say retry.
2020-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi oldpilot1946, we apologize for the trouble on connecting to Osmo Action, please follow the steps below to try again:
1. Ignore Osmo Action in your phone Bluetooth Settings.
2. As Fishycomics suggested, please try to Factory Reset in General Settings of Osmo Action.
3. Enable your phone's Wifi and Bluetooth, please make sure there is no other Bluetooth device opened.
4. Enter DJI Mimo APP, if the Osmo Action can be searched, it will show Osmo Found on the top, press Connect, the APP will pop up Check Verification Code on Osmo, then press Accept in your Osmo Action Touchscreen, the APP will display whether to join Osmo Action wifi, press yes, then you will connect successfully and enter camera view.
2020-4-12
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-12 00:24
Hi oldpilot1946, we apologize for the trouble on connecting to Osmo Action, please follow the steps below to try again:
2. As Fishycomics suggested, please try to Factory Reset in General Settings of Osmo Action.

I also had trouble to connect to the OA, tried two different (Android) devices and although the the camera showed up up MIMO, I just got connection failed. Tried these steps as well but it didn't help (also went through the trouble shooting within the app). So I decided to try something more before contacting support:
Set (in camera) Wifi to 2.4GHz, Auto Power off to 15 minutes and Screen Auto Sleep to 10 minutes. After that,  I could connect to the OA and update the firmware. Not really sure which one of the steps that solved the issue, but hey, now it works!
2020-5-5
Use props
Joly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153947 ft
Belgium

Hi, me too I'm struggling with connecting the OA to my phone.
I use a OnePlus 2 without any problems with my OP using P-GM-122 cable of PGYTech, but I don't succeed to connect it to my OA. Nor wireless, nor with that cable.

First question:
In DJI MIMO my OA is found immediately and displays connect.
Then it starts searching and finds my device... but then reports Connection Failed - Failed to get Wi-Fi authentication I tried 2.4Ghz, 5.8 GHz and auto. None of them seems te work.
Any help is appreciated

Second question:
I tried connecting it using the P-GM-122 cable. Also no succes.
Can this cable being used anyway as it can be used for my OP?

Hoping somebody can help me...
2020-5-15
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

I've tried everything I can find in terms of solutions for this. When I first got my Action a year ago, couldn't connect, then it could after a firmware update, then when I upgraded my phone I couldn't connect automatically yet again.

The only way I can connect is by manually connecting to the camera through my phone's wi-fi settings, and even then it'll disconnect regularly for no reason. And don't even start me on the live streaming!

Love the output of the Action, but it's the least user friendly action cam I've owned.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_OWMvuF0lTd73
New

United Kingdom

Good morning,
I purchased DJI Osmo Action from your website in the UK. Upon receiving the device I tried to activate it, however on the screen the device comes up with factory mode message and keeps freezing. I also cannot connect the device to mimo app, it does show up but won’t connect no matter what. I reset wifi on the osmo and my phone and did factory reset on the osmo but the factory mode message is not going anywhere. I think that my unit is faulty or was either left in factory mode permanently when it was assembled in the factory.

S/N: 129DG6F001W5C9

Please help
2020-5-16
Use props
Strunk
lvl.1
Denmark

I cannot connect either with my Osmo Action - using Iphone X - it keeps saying that its Unable to join network.
I have Reset to factory settings
I have tried to use Shared wi-fi from my Iphone
I have tried all 2.4 - 5 and auto settings with the suitable SSID

None has worked sofar trying to LiveStream to Facebook

What am I doing wrong ??

Pleased to hear

//Michael
2020-8-15
Use props
djiuser_ZKo911emDpB8
New

Israel

CasualDronePilot Posted at 5-5 00:25
I also had trouble to connect to the OA, tried two different (Android) devices and although the the camera showed up up MIMO, I just got connection failed. Tried these steps as well but it didn't help (also went through the trouble shooting within the app). So I decided to try something more before contacting support:
Set (in camera) Wifi to 2.4GHz, Auto Power off to 15 minutes and Screen Auto Sleep to 10 minutes. After that,  I could connect to the OA and update the firmware. Not really sure which one of the steps that solved the issue, but hey, now it works!

Hi. Many thanks, it wotkd for me too
2020-8-22
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Sweden

djiuser_ZKo911emDpB8 Posted at 8-22 06:18
Hi. Many thanks, it wotkd for me too

Awesome! No go and have fun with the OA!
2020-8-22
Use props
roballba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2717274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update the app. That worked for me.
2020-10-3
Use props
djiuser_0csh9vMFHwE6
New
Greece

Same problem here.
Tried everything, but nothing seems to be working.
2020-10-4
Use props
BlueLeader
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problems here. The phone and the camera are connected through Wifi (from checking in iPhone settings) but the Mimo app will not complete the connection so I can’t update the device.

This became expensive junk fast.

Such poor software!
2020-10-18
Use props
BlueLeader
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I may have worked it out in my case.
In iOS14 there are additional security permission required to allow devices to search for network devices. The Mimo app isn’t coded to present these if you’re an exiting user (or wasn’t showing them for me). As it didn’t have a response the connection was being denied at the OS level.
So the solution is to delete the Mimo app and opt to delete all the data. Then reset your network settings (or the entire device) on the Osmo Action.
Then reinstall the Mimo app, set your camer back up and when it connects to the app it will present a bunch of permission grant/deny prompts for all the settings.

Boom!
2020-10-18
Use props
Mark Anthony3
New

United States

Is there a chance we could start a gofundme account then use that money to hire a real programmer to build a DJI app that actually will work on the first try??    I have the Action and the Maverick 2 and the App for both of these things is crap.

I just have the Action and it will not connect to the app.  
2021-1-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do a factory reset of the device?
2021-1-1
Use props
Lex Van Campos
lvl.1

Spain

i have done everything you said 10 times and it still not working, I have give up on this and selling my cam to buy a hero, because there apps work easy and like a charm  pathatic after all this years you guys still dont have a stable app
2021-2-22
Use props
Lex Van Campos
lvl.1

Spain

Strunk Posted at 2020-8-15 04:31
[view_image]

I cannot connect either with my Osmo Action - using Iphone X - it keeps saying that its Unable to join network.

you doing noting wrong, Its them from this dev team and support who are to lazy to react and help people out or even make a better app... but dont worry soon people will ban this company just because of this all...
2021-2-22
Use props
Sorin C
New
Ireland

CasualDronePilot Posted at 2020-5-5 00:25
Set (in camera) Wifi to 2.4GHz, Auto Power off to 15 minutes and Screen Auto Sleep to 10 minutes. After that,  I could connect to the OA and update the firmware. Not really sure which one of the steps that solved the issue, but hey, now it works!

Thanks man, did everything I could think of and NO success in connecting my OA with my phone.
Everything except put OA WiFi on 2.4 G; when I did that, it worked, pity I can't offer U a beer, U deserve it !
2021-3-16
Use props
Criscross
New

Romania

In my case is work after doing that:1. On Osmo Action WIFI reset conection 2. on my Samsung turn off automatically connect and switch to mobile data3. restart the phone
2021-4-27
Use props
MrMarkLV
New
United States

THIS is the ONLY reason I NEVER recommend DJI Products.  They make absolutely the best action cam,  I love it.  But they made a horrible app that makes this camera worthless..

The DJI Apps are GoPro's best marketing tool and they don't use it.  I think we need to let GoPro know what they can do to market their camera better.  Just tell everyone their App works!!
2021-4-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

MrMarkLV Posted at 4-28 09:12
THIS is the ONLY reason I NEVER recommend DJI Products.  They make absolutely the best action cam,  I love it.  But they made a horrible app that makes this camera worthless..

The DJI Apps are GoPro's best marketing tool and they don't use it.  I think we need to let GoPro know what they can do to market their camera better.  Just tell everyone their App works!!

Using gopro general is a pain in the ass, since you never know if it's recording or not, freezes, battery doesn't last long, colors and file-naming that is not in order.
2021-5-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

GoPro  app, taking away the view. is a Joke, oh forgot they are being Sued by Contour, but yet   other camera companies do a better job then these    ones  
2021-5-2
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Sweden

Sorin C Posted at 3-16 09:22
Thanks man, did everything I could think of and NO success in connecting my OA with my phone.
Everything except put OA WiFi on 2.4 G; when I did that, it worked, pity I can't offer U a beer, U deserve it  !

Sorry for the late reply, havn't been online for quite some time. I'm glad you got it to work!
2021-5-22
Use props
hgdrn
lvl.1
Germany

Tried it, it worked once, then tried to connect again, it never worked again. MIMO finds the cam but cannot connect. Did all the resets one can do but the Android app cannot connect. Crap.
2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_TNGlIFTvfA8y
New

Philippines

How do i exit on this mode?i have been trying to reconnect my OA but still no luck until i run out of 5 attempts.is there a manual reset so i can exit on this mode so i can reconnect again?
2021-5-31
Use props
djiuser_v1HUqF2iFsrg
lvl.1

Belgium

Tried for 2 hours to register.
This was not good for my nerves....
Only 5 attempts! Lost the first attempt when I pressed "skip" thinking that was to skip the QR code...
Using a new camera should be a pleasant experience, not this kind of mess...
Those "honest" reviewers don't mention this part do they ?
Oh yeah... here's how I got it to work. (I read this tip on-line)

menu - wireless connections - reset
then I put Wifi to 2.4GHz

I suppose you got to get all the other settings on your phone correct as well.
Without a manual I just tried some random setting - I don't use WIFI or Bluetooth a lot
Every time you reset you have to put it on 2,4 again because it will jump back to auto.
I had to do this lot's of times before it finally connected.
So don't give up after a few tries.
I was afraid to stop and lose another attempt so I kept going.
Only when you hands start trembling and you want to smash it all against the wall are you allowed to take a break.
Anyways, now it connects to the app after 3-4 tries average.
So I don't use the app.
I have a weighing scale that auto-connects with my phone every time I stand on it, even when my phone is upstairs.
Just saying.

Once you get it registered it's a fun camera.
if your pc can handle the mp4 codex...but that's another story.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

2021-7-11
Use props
Jeffalee Treptow
New

United States

I have a Samsung note 20 ultra and can't get the osmo action connected. Gets to the match the access and they match and then it goes to no wifi. Wifi and Bluetooth are both on. I've reset the wifi in osmo, I've checked the wifi connections on phone and it isn't there. What am I doing wrong.
2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_dC5zg7UsJ0wD
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-4-12 00:24

I had the Om 4 and it worked fine with my Samsung note 20 ultra. and I bought the om5 and I could not connect it with the application
2021-11-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_dC5zg7UsJ0wD Posted at 11-25 11:39
I had the Om 4 and it worked fine with my Samsung note 20 ultra. and I bought the om5 and I could not connect it with the application

Hi there, sorry that you're having this issue. May I ask if the Bluetooth is connected successfully? Please download the latest Mimo app version through this link and reinstall the app to see if it helps. https://www.dji.com/om-5/downloads And please check if the indicator is solid green. If so, please press the switch button, shutter/record button, and trigger simultaneously to reset the Bluetooth connection. Please also forget the connected devices in the Bluetooth settings of your mobile phone. Please turn off&turn on the Bluetooth on the mobile device settings and restart the mobile device and the app to see if it helps. If it still not works, please try with another supported mobile device for a test.
2021-11-29
Use props
fansf5b3eb10
lvl.1

United States

Hi All, I was having a problem as well and stop at tying for a moment. Then, after reading many messages of people not being able to connect, I thought I would try again. This time, I paid strict attention to detail. First, hear the link of me streaming just today and you’ll find more , a couple videos, streaming with Osmo Action. I have just 24 subscribers to my channel and I stream through YouTube. https://youtu.be/HfvEfBkDF-E
It’s no problem connecting any longer. Also, if you do a reset in your Osmo, be aware, the password changes and I’m sure most do not know that and they will continue to still not be able to connect. Write it down, password that is. Also, turn your button off and on to find your Osmo in Bluetooth, and keep both devices close. All said, Osmo Action works if you work it and pay attention to what needs to happen and make it happen. It Works! Email me if u need to, I’ll get you up and running. Go to the Link I sent as well.
2022-11-11
Use props
Jwmontie
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

P.O.S. just tried connecting Osmo Action 3. Downloaded the Mimo app for Android. Will not connect. DJI only gives you 7 times to turn the damn thing on. I have one left. This is bull...
2023-1-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Jwmontie Posted at 1-10 18:46
P.O.S. just tried connecting Osmo Action 3. Downloaded the Mimo app for Android. Will not connect. DJI only gives you 7 times to turn the damn thing on. I have one left. This is bull...

You will get faster respons if you post in right place:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=129

But it's a bit tricky somtimes, you have to turn OFF wifi and then turn ON to connect to the camera.
Also turn on Bluetooth and cellphone data to be sure it will work.
2023-1-11
Use props
Channel_205
New
United Kingdom

I was having this problem, and my phone is only a cheapo Android -Cubot Note 20 from Amazon.   I resolved it by going in to my phone's WiFi settings -> Network & Internet -> WiFi -> WiFi Preferences -> Turn on WiFi Automatically = SET TO OFF.
I then as a precaution uninstalled the NHS Covid19 app as that uses Bluetooth to scan for other phones to handshake with in proximaty, just in case this was interferring with the bluetooth to camera.

My guess is that the bluetooth connection is used to switch on and off the WiFi transmitter in the camera and it is not on all the time for security and battery life.  Hence, when it's not triggered to be on, your phone goes straight back to your home wifi router connection.  Switching off the Auto and then selecting the network on your phone as the camera stops this happening.  I also ensured the WiFi transmitted by the camera, had the correct password in the phone as if you factory reset the camera the password changes.
After that mine worked fine.  Time will tell if it has any other bother.  It's only day 1.

2023-2-11
Use props
djiuser_pu96lA8lNima
New

Bulgaria

I haven't read all the comments here, as there are too many to read, so I'm not sure if this has been covered...

I too have had problems connecting my Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and my phone.  I tried everything here in these comments and from YouTube videos, but nothing worked.
But, it occurred to me that my VPN could be blocking the communications between my phone and camera    - or, at least, blocking something.    I switched off my VPN (mine is Proton) and hey presto, the phone connected to the camera!  I experimented a few times with this and, yes, my VPN definitely prevents the phone connecting.  So, I imagine many of you will have VPNs switched on too - try switching them off.  Worked for me.  Also, i should add, that when your phone is connected by WiFi to your camera, you cannot use the Internet at the same time.  You should also switch your data off, to play safe without a VPN active.

Hope this helps
1-22 23:37
Use props
djiuser_ySJj9vXIL7il
New

Canada

djiuser_pu96lA8lNima Posted at 1-22 23:37
I haven't read all the comments here, as there are too many to read, so I'm not sure if this has been covered...

I too have had problems connecting my Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and my phone.  I tried everything here in these comments and from YouTube videos, but nothing worked.

Wow. THANK YOU! That was the simple solution after going through years' worth of suggestions LOL
4-17 17:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules