816 7 2020-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

He mods, question.  How do I ensure my account and all its information is completely removed from all DJI systems?  DJI doing business in my state means I have the right to be forgotten.  As I no longer trust the Chinese government, and given the Chinese laws which state that all companies must provide the Chinese government with any information they request, I just no longer feel comfortable doing business with DJI. The COVID-19 debacle has reinforced my thinking and I believe it is time to say goodbye to all Chinese products until the Chinese government is eliminated and replaced with a true democratic approach.

How do I go about closing my account and ensure ALL my information and flights are removed from DJI systems?

While I've sold my MavPro, I still have a P4 and P4Pro if anybody wants them.  The P4 is kind of beat up as it was lost for 2 years, but it was found, minor repair and works like a charm.  The P4P is V1.

2020-4-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good luck with that.
I'm have never seen this kind of request, so I'm curious how this will go!
2020-4-14
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

They absolutely have to comply with the local laws.  If they don't or can't respond then all legal avenues will be pursued.  I don't think that will be the case though.  It's a pretty common law most nation have implemented, such as GDPR the UK.  I'm sure DJI 's security and audit teams are aware of the laws and will work to make my request happen.  They don't really have another choice.
2020-4-14
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you email DJI directly? The email is listed in their privacy information paragraph that I copied below.

Your Rights and Choices Regarding Collected Information
You may update, correct, or delete certain DJI account information and preferences by accessing your account preferences page, available through certain DJI Products and Services, including the DJI.com and SkyPixel websites and various mobile applications. If you receive commercial email or text messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or text message. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email or text messages from us by sending your request to us by email at support@dji.com.

If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may also have the right to request access to additional information, including the right to request access to and receive certain information we maintain about you; to update or correct inaccuracies in the information we maintain about you; to receive a copy of the information which you provided for its transmission to another company; to object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation; and to have the information blocked, deleted, or erased, as appropriate. When we process personal data on the basis of your consent, you can also withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will apply your preferences going forward, and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.

Note, however, that if you exercise your right to object or your rights of blocking, deletion or to be “forgotten,” or if you decline to share certain information with us, or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you, we may not be able to provide to you some, or any, of the features and functionality of DJI Products and Services.

Likewise, if you close your DJI account, you will not be able to sign in to DJI Products or Services or access any of your information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit, as authorized under applicable law, for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. In addition, if certain information has already been provided to third parties as described in this Policy, retention of that information will be subject to those third parties’ policies.

If you wish to exercise any rights you have under applicable data protection law, including the right to access, amend or delete any information we hold about you, you may contact us at support@dji.com.

For California resident customers, your additional rights are provided in the California Privacy Notice attached to this Policy.
2020-4-14
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Hurley but I'm not really interested in any future relationship with DJI  nor am I interested in DJI's policies.  DJI policies do not supersede US state and local laws.  I'm interested in what DJI has planned to remove and prove the data was deleted.  I've worked in IT and Data Privacy for decades now.  I'm going to need proof the account information, all flight logs and any additional information concerning my account and association with DJI has been removed.  This can be accomplished by 1) providing a document outlining every internal system where my data is stored, including backups and Disaster Recovery systems, 2) providing the database queries used to identify my data, 3) followed by a rerun of said queries proving the data was removed.  I work for an insurance company, this is what we do when we receive a request to be forgotten.

I know DJI, if I attempt to contact support directly I'm going to receive the runaround on this subject.  Do you have a direct email for the privacy team at DJI?
2020-4-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Roach Posted at 4-14 07:15
They absolutely have to comply with the local laws.  If they don't or can't respond then all legal avenues will be pursued.  I don't think that will be the case though.  It's a pretty common law most nation have implemented, such as GDPR the UK.  I'm sure DJI 's security and audit teams are aware of the laws and will work to make my request happen.  They don't really have another choice.

I'm sure there is some option, but I have not searched for it.
I would contact support directly not via the forum.
2020-4-15
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Roach Posted at 4-14 09:48
Thanks Hurley but I'm not really interested in any future relationship with DJI  nor am I interested in DJI's policies.  DJI policies do not supersede US state and local laws.  I'm interested in what DJI has planned to remove and prove the data was deleted.  I've worked in IT and Data Privacy for decades now.  I'm going to need proof the account information, all flight logs and any additional information concerning my account and association with DJI has been removed.  This can be accomplished by 1) providing a document outlining every internal system where my data is stored, including backups and Disaster Recovery systems, 2) providing the database queries used to identify my data, 3) followed by a rerun of said queries proving the data was removed.  I work for an insurance company, this is what we do when we receive a request to be forgotten.

I know DJI, if I attempt to contact support directly I'm going to receive the runaround on this subject.  Do you have a direct email for the privacy team at DJI?

I would defiantly start with the support email address and I wish you luck on getting this resolved.
2020-4-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you find a way to delete your sky pixel account - I'd love to do that to be able to rename it.
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules