Wireless Interference and iPhone Compatibility
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ctickle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117297 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I have owned a P3SE for around 2 years and used it the first summer I got it, but have not used it much since.

When I first got the device, I had an iPhone 6 Plus and it worked fine, I then upgraded to the iPhone XS and was told by DJI it was not compatible but they were working to make it compatible. Nothing has ever come of that as far as I can see, i was wondering if people are using iPhone XS's without issue and if it is safe to do so?

I took my drone out yesterday and was experiencing 'Wireless Interference' which was accompanied by a warning in the DJI App. I was wondering if there are any tips people can give me for reducing this as much as possible? Which bands are best to use etc. I am new to all this kind of thing and im hoping to get some pointers as yesterday, the video feed to my phone was terrible and very out of time, it was barely useable to get the shots I wanted. At one point the drone totally disconnected and returned to home safely, but it was a scary experience. I am hoping some of you kind folk can help me out!

thanks
2020-4-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

iPhone XS and was told by DJI it was not compatible but they were working to make it compatible. Nothing has ever come of that as far as I can see, i was wondering if people are using iPhone XS's without issue and if it is safe to do so?
DJI people are often the last place to get helpful advice.
It seems that at least some flyers are using the same phone as you:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

I took my drone out yesterday and was experiencing 'Wireless Interference' which was accompanied by a warning in the DJI App. I was wondering if there are any tips people can give me for reducing this as much as possible?

Interference is just what happens in urban areas.
More modern DJI drones use different transmission systems that are much more resistant than the earlier models.

2020-4-12
Use props
ctickle
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 4-12 03:25
iPhone XS and was told by DJI it was not compatible but they were working to make it compatible. Nothing has ever come of that as far as I can see, i was wondering if people are using iPhone XS's without issue and if it is safe to do so?
DJI people are often the last place to get helpful advice.
It seems that at least some flyers are using the same phone as you:

Thanks for the reply!

Which models will have better connectivity? Something such as the Mavic 2?

Thnaks
2020-5-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ctickle Posted at 5-10 05:47
Thanks for the reply!

The connectiion is between the drone and its controller.
The phone has nothing to do with it.
All DJI drones have good connection with their controller.
2020-5-10
Use props
ctickle
lvl.1
United Kingdom

took my drone out yesterday and was experiencing 'Wireless Interference' which was accompanied by a warning in the DJI App. I was wondering if there are any tips people can give me for reducing this as much as possible?

Interference is just what happens in urban areas.
More modern DJI drones use different transmission systems that are much more resistant than the earlier models.

I mean in relation to this comment you made... Which newer drones have better connectivity? I want a drone I can rely on... I feel that with my Phantom 3 SE I am fearful as it gets a lot of interference, I don't really live in what is considered an urban area... its definitely more rural.
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules