My phantom problems
623 3 2020-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray K
New
United States

Hello there ,
I got a shxxx phantom  that i payed $1300 or $1400 + a secondary batter for $100 or so  at the time from best-buy i most have used this thing 5 or 10 times sense new then put it a way for some years , i found it the other day and decided to fly the thing but I run into a problem  that says  NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL  any one knows what the F this i,s  I usually fix everything 1 2 3 but this
P SH is upsetting, anyone can help is this a common problem. HELP PL.

2020-4-12
Use props
Ray K
New
United States

2020-4-12
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft
Canada

It is a common problem, the fix are far and wide. Look in YouTube and hopefully one will work. First try and change the SD card, it happened on my Phantom 3 Standard and it fixed it for a while.
Personally I have a theory it has something to do with either interference or GPS battery. I have 3 phantom 3 standard and only one has this problem, if I move it around and restart everything, it will connect . If I moved it around again it will disconnect . In testing I tried placing the other 2 in the same position and no issue at all. When I take an video or picture it appear to take the image and from the app there is an image but it is black and the date is incorrect. When I try to open it there is a connection error. There is a small battery or capacitor? on the GPS and I think at least I  my case is the issue. I have flown this unit in - 30 temperature and may have killed this part. The battery is spot welded on, so maybe one day I will change it or swap the top she'll with my other unit and see if it is the issue.

Anyway have a look in YouTube and I am hoping one of the solution will work out, from watching them, people have succeeded in fixing this issue. For myself it has been 3 years and the issue is intermittent, I fly this unit without using the camera. Good Luck!
2020-4-12
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ray,

When was the last time you updated the GEO Zones?  A friend's Phantom had a similar problem and I updated his GEO Zones and everything worked.

Hope this helps!  Stay safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules