Phantom 4 Firmware Won't Update - Exhausted All Possibilities
662 4 2020-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf8c2f478
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

I've tried everything imaginable to update the firmware.  Fomatted the SD Card, tried the update using the app.  Tried updating with the Assitant using three different computers and nothing works.  With the app, at times it says it is updated and others it is not.  It won't recognize the SD card (tried three different ones) and the camera will freeze in black and white.

When attempting to use the assisant, it gets to 36% and then fails.

There has been to damage to the aircraft or crashes.

It will take off and fly, put is unstable.  Plus no camera or recording.  Not fun.

Any advice?
2020-4-12
Use props
Jolie Grace
New

United States

TURN OFF THE CONTROLLER..IT WILL WORK!!!!!!!
2020-4-12
Use props
fansf8c2f478
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the reply.

I tried that, still no luck.  It won't recognize the SD card.   I just hooked everything up after 5 failed updates and the controller says it is updated.  But I've been through this before and it will alternate between "updated" and "requires update".  I also get  Processor chip critically overheated. Th e aircraft will power off in 30 sends" (but it doesn't power off).

This so frustrating!!!
2020-4-12
Use props
Frank C
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Make sure you have a plenty batery , try another Usb Cable or maybe is a Sd Card Problem .... i would try another one ( class 10)
2020-4-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble updating the firmware. Phantom 4 is updating via DJI Assistant 2 and DJI GO 4 app. If there had been a crash and caused damage to the drone, you may send in the drone for repair and service. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web first https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav. Some product repairs and maintenance services have been suspended in North America due to government orders to cease business operations, but we will do our best to help when it resumes operation, please wait patiently.
2020-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules