Mavic Mini range
1017 8 2020-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fefer
lvl.2

Brazil

Hi All,

I've been having fun with my mavic mini for a few months but unfortunately most of it was in an urban area. Today, I was a bit curious if I can get up to 1Km in an urban area with my Mavic Mini, around 750m distance and 150m, making a total of around 764m (buildings in my city are not so dense and not so high too, around 10 floors) and this was done with the "range extender". I was a bit disappointed, I was expecting to get at least 1Km. Can someone share their experience in urban area? BTW, I'm using the FCC version. Lastly, I would like to look more deep into the data, to check if I had any problem, I saw a couple of threads here where they post the data, how can I take this type of data?

Thank you in advance!
2020-4-12
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Not an urban area, but 1.5km should be normal. But since last week it's drastically down to 700m. Probably because they're all home using their wifi
2020-4-12
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Just try different places?
2020-4-12
Use props
Jym
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398927 ft
United States

I live in the heart of Los Angeles and the farthest I’ve ever flown off of the roof of a 7 story building without getting a signal interference warning is about 650m with a clear line of sight. Not perfect but honestly I couldn’t even see the drone any longer so for an urban area the range has been impressive and satisfactory. I can only imagine the interference it is dealing with around here.
2020-4-12
Use props
fefer
lvl.2

Brazil

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 4-12 14:02
Not an urban area, but 1.5km should be normal. But since last week it's drastically down to 700m. Probably because they're all home using their wifi

Well, sounds as a good reason, crowded residential area.
2020-4-12
Use props
fefer
lvl.2

Brazil

Jym Posted at 4-12 14:33
I live in the heart of Los Angeles and the farthest I’ve ever flown off of the roof of a 7 story building without getting a signal interference warning is about 650m with a clear line of sight. Not perfect but honestly I couldn’t even see the drone any longer so for an urban area the range has been impressive and satisfactory. I can only imagine the interference it is dealing with around here.

Oh ok, sounds like we got similar results then...is good to know that it is not just me. Does anyone knows how to take out the sensors data from the Mavic? Just to check everything else
2020-4-12
Use props
Gregg F
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40846 ft
United States

I had trouble in some areas getting half a KM, which is why I exchanged it for a Mavic 2 Zoom. Occusync 2.0 is much better than WiFi.
2020-4-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had my Mavic Mini over 1 mile (1.6km) last week in an urban setting. I walked to a park near my house that was slightly elevated and attached a CREE light for maximum long range visibility. I had the Mini over a mile out with some drop-out at times. I really want to test it's range in some wide-open fields/farmland near me but my state is currently on stay-at-home orders so that may be illegal.

EDIT: Here's the CREE light I attached to the Mini to make it visible. I want to make a new video with the Mini once these stay-at-home orders are lifted for my state.
2020-4-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please note that obstacles between the drone and controller may block the signal, to get further distance, you may try different open areas with less interference, make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft while flying, and ensure that the firmware of the drone and controller has been updated to the latest version. See if this helps.
2020-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules