Jerky video
600 11 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

i noticed the other day on one of my videos something i haven't seen so far. check aroung 6,7 seconds how the video moves a bit from the sides:

I have seen the occasional gimbal movement in sport mode, which to some extent might be normal considering the speeds in sport and how sensitive the gimbal is. And usually i forget to change the flight mode, that day was the same, on the other videos i have the gimbal movement, but it is different to what you can see in this one. Has anyone experienced it? what it might be the issue?

2020-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

One known cause is vibration of the gimbal could be caused by slightly askew props, change props and see if this helps .
2020-4-13
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 4-13 02:25
One known cause is vibration of the gimbal could be caused by slightly askew props, change props and see if this helps .

i also thought it could be vibration, i will double check these days. The strange thing is i had like 5 videos in this flight and the issue is only seen here for a brief second. i checked props at home, they seem fine. also didn't notice nothing troubling at landing yesterday. if there are vibrations due to props they should be present all the time i assume?
2020-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 4-13 02:31
i also thought it could be vibration, i will double check these days. The strange thing is i had like 5 videos in this flight and the issue is only seen here for a brief second. i checked props at home, they seem fine. also didn't notice nothing troubling at landing yesterday. if there are vibrations due to props they should be present all the time i assume?

It could be just a gust of wind , if that’s all you’ve seen then you probably dont have a problem.
2020-4-13
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Looks like you hit a deadzone, the gimbal needs calibration.
2020-4-13
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-13 04:55
Looks like you hit a deadzone, the gimbal needs calibration.

it seems it was a strange gust of wind as hallmark007 suggested or isolated issue with the processing of the video. Today i made several videos, on none it appeared. And it was windier than yesterday...
2020-4-13
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I had some of those little shakes on mine as well... they're rare so I don't care
2020-4-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would make sure to check more video's.
If it is just this one, it might have been wind or so.
2020-4-14
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Montfrooij Posted at 4-14 00:12
I would make sure to check more video's.
If it is just this one, it might have been wind or so.

from all the videos so far it is the only one...and definitely doesn't look like wind, usually it moves the gimbal...this looks more like processing issue, as long as it does not repeat it'll be fine
2020-4-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 4-14 00:27
from all the videos so far it is the only one...and definitely doesn't look like wind, usually it moves the gimbal...this looks more like processing issue, as long as it does not repeat it'll be fine

I have this with my MP occasionally.
Never found out what it was.
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check if the gimbal can be moved freely without abrupt movement and calibrate the gimbal. Do more tests and see if this reappears or happens frequently.
2020-4-19
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

I have seen this rarely. For me it was in sport mode, I was moving side ways to change my path, and there was a jerk when I stopped. There was moderate wind as well. I figure I simply hit the limit of the gimbal. Yours though looks more like a video artifact, the way it sort of starts at the top of the frame.
2020-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules