Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Digital FPV System Release Notes (4/13/2020)
45500 176 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vista125
New

Germany

Thunfisch Posted at 4-13 14:09
I have some trouble with this update (Googles, DJI Air Unit and Caddx Vista). All devices are disconnecting while updating several times. I was able to bring the new version to the devices after some tries, but then I was able to select CH1-3 and 25mW only.
Currently I'm rolling back to V01.00.0400 and hope that it will work again.
I tried the update with a MacBook and a windows machine, also tried different USB-C cables, but this doesn't seem to be the problem here. Any other people facing the same issues?

Same here, did update all 3 of my Vistas and all ended up in the locked 4CH/25mW mode - pretty annoying. Though im US i had then to use an unofficial way to get them back to 500mW.
Don't misunderstand me: great update ! 40ms HQ with focus mode off now looks really nice. Blurry green gras fields are allmost gone.
Yet one mode got lost with 5.00 : with 4.00 i could select around 20ms / 30ms / 40ms (lag) modes and the 30ms option (HQ on / optimise for transmission speed) is gone.
Wouldn't it be nice to just a slider to adjust my bitrate in lets sasy 10 Steps ?
Anyway - can't wait for 50Mbits, i bet i could be 1080p then too :-))) Am i right ?
2020-4-16
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m enjoying being able to really use my GPS now. Hopefully we will be getting more OSD information.

1. Compass and artificial horizon would be nice. Not sure why they would include the side bars but not artificial horizon.
2. The battery OSD item would be better if it displayed to one more decimal place like Betaflight OSD does.
3. It would be nice to see the Betaflight timers, but if not this, the DJI timer should reset when arming, not disarming.
4. A stats screen on disarming would be nice as well.
6. Perhaps more important than anything I listed above is the warning OSD item. This can be really useful for debugging.
7. Also very important is the ability to save OSD data. I don’t care if it’s in a subtitle file or baked into the goggle video. The DJI goggles do not have lost model finder and it wouldn’t work as well with the style antennas it uses anyway. You can run a GPS, but without a way to review the coordinates, it’s unlikely that the coordinates will be remembered to be used for retrieval.
2020-4-16
Use props
fans98f95205
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks DJI!!

Really loving the FPV system now that it has GPS OSD. 50mbps video recorded sounds awesome! Can't wait. There's no features I can think of that's an absolute must now. Really impressed that DJI supported this system so that all the essential features are complete.

Great job DJI!
2020-4-16
Use props
simacc
New

Turkey

Please add these feature on upcoming upgrade.

- Ability to view PC screen output on Goggles using USB Type-C connector. I assume a video output for Smart Controller through USB Type-C is input as well. This would be very useful when using Simulator software.
- Betaflight OSD in goggles recording
- Betaflight warnings on OSD
- I have no idea how it would be done (Maybe using USB Type-C or Av-In?) but it would be great if audio transmission is available for goggles in any way.
2020-4-17
Use props
om.antonFPV
lvl.1

Indonesia

I just updated the DJI air unit and Goggles to the latest version (v01.00.05.00) but I have some problems with GPS OSD. I have activate gps osd at betaflight for the home arrow, coordinates and location of the home point.

But when I try to fly it today, home arrow and home point location do not work, i saw GPS sat and coordinates (log/lat) working.

Then i tried to fly it, hoping that GPS home arrow will come out. but after a few pack home arrow still not appear at all just a "dash" sign.

So i landed the aircraft,i thought i will wait few minutes,for home location to get locked, but the home arrow and home point did not appear (already waiting almost 10 minutes). Has anyone experiencing same thing ?

2020-4-17
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

om.antonFPV Posted at 4-17 07:48
I just updated the DJI air unit and Goggles to the latest version (v01.00.05.00) but I have some problems with GPS OSD. I have activate gps osd at betaflight for the home arrow, coordinates and location of the home point.

But when I try to fly it today, home arrow and home point location do not work, i saw GPS sat and coordinates (log/lat) working.

Only had this happen when I took off too soon. Landing disarming and rearming got it working for me. I think you need either 6 or 7 satellites for the home point to work.
2020-4-17
Use props
Ben787777
lvl.1
France

Did the update perfectly, but on the goggle i only have 25mw no other options !!! Is that normal ?
I am in Europe
2020-4-18
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Ben787777 Posted at 4-18 01:26
Did the update perfectly, but on the goggle i only have 25mw no other options !!! Is that normal ?
I am in Europe

That is the max output power allowed in Europe by law. If you want, you can hack it at your own risk. Check on youtube how to.
2020-4-18
Use props
Nanois
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1280397 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Tested the OSD on iNav, it works fine. Most essentials items are there. Further improvement will be Artificial Horizon, which will make flying experience more immersive. Also Variometer does not show '+' or '-', so sometimes it's very confusing. Supports on iNav OSD Alternative 1/2/3 profiles are highly recommended. DJI please update asap.
2020-4-18
Use props
Ben787777
lvl.1
France

Giammi Posted at 4-18 04:12
That is the max output power allowed in Europe by law. If you want, you can hack it at your own risk. Check on youtube how to.

Yes I know the rules
And I know about he hack but it doesn’t work anymore. I tried the one through the goggle, maybe the first one still works I'll give a try
Maybe need to wait a bit for a new one
2020-4-18
Use props
Xviews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Ben787777 Posted at 4-18 12:31
Yes I know the rules
And I know about he hack but it doesn’t work anymore.  I tried the one through the goggle, maybe the first one still works I'll give a try
Maybe need to wait a bit for a new one

It works, I did it after the update
2020-4-18
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Xviews Posted at 4-18 22:18

I did it too with no issues at all.
2020-4-19
Use props
Ben787777
lvl.1
France

Xviews Posted at 4-18 22:18

Yeah great news
The one from goggle or from the air unit ?
2020-4-19
Use props
KiwiQuads
lvl.1

New Zealand

Great work DJI. Glad to see you're still adding new features!
2020-4-20
Use props
Xviews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Ben787777 Posted at 4-19 11:15
Yeah great news
The one from goggle or from the air unit ?

I think the trick will only work through the air unit.
2020-4-20
Use props
Xedos9er
lvl.1

Germany

Nanois Posted at 4-18 06:41
Tested the OSD on iNav, it works fine. Most essentials items are there. Further improvement will be Artificial Horizon, which will make flying experience more immersive. Also Variometer does not show '+' or '-', so sometimes it's very confusing. Supports on iNav OSD Alternative 1/2/3 profiles are highly recommended. DJI please update asap.

+1 for fixing the vario!! Without showing + or - it's useless for my glider. Please also add vario arrows like on INAV osd.
Also artificial horizon is really needed for fixed wings.
Live Audio transmission to googles would be a dream.

I tested the update, home arrow works perfectly, thank you so much.
2020-4-20
Use props
djiuser_UWcsbLNhi5bu
lvl.1

Germany

Giammi Posted at 4-13 07:28
Finally complete GPS data on OSD, thanks DJI!

BTW, still two big things are missing:

Yes please start recording the custom OSD fields...

And I would totally buy a USB-C to HDMI adapter for ~50$. Please make that happen.
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_9XLEGQ5nY3iK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bonus suggestions.

Option to increase bitrate of audio on DVR as it sounds very tinny presently compared to Gopro.

Add a high bitrate 50Mbps low latency mode

Options to choose hardcoded OSD on DVR or save all elements to SRT file or Both.

All OSD elements moveable especially the ones at the bottom as part of the headset.

OSD elements you can choose font, size and colour.

OSD element total travelled distance

OSD element warnings with optional headset beeper

OSD element wattage needs filtering as the value is too raw and jumps up and down too quick.

OSD element Air unit temperature with it changing from green <40c, yellow <60c, amber <70c, red <80c, flashing red with beep >80c.

OSD element GPS speed selectable between KPH, MPH and M/S.

Air unit emergency overheat video link maintain feature that cuts video framerate to 15fps, shows a lower resolution live feed and stops DVR to reduce heat vs shutting down the air unit like it does now.

Live audio from flight too.

Thnks
2020-4-21
Use props
Nanois
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1280397 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Xedos9er Posted at 4-20 13:25
+1 for fixing the vario!! Without showing + or - it's useless for my glider. Please also add vario arrows like on INAV osd.
Also artificial horizon is really needed for fixed wings.
Live Audio transmission to googles would be a dream.

airspeed as well. Currently only ground speed is displayed.
2020-4-21
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4025801 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It happened while updating my vista three times.

What does the error code 0x022803 try to tell me. How to continue, as I got stuck?
2020-4-22
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Nanois Posted at 4-21 20:49
airspeed as well. Currently only ground speed is displayed.

Yes excellent this too I just watched and it illustrates exactly.
2020-4-22
Use props
Palmer_inc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24790 ft

Austria

cusglider Posted at 4-22 03:10
[view_image]

It happened while updating my vista three times.

your vista is to hot, cool it down. you need this at all updates
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_bkVbLgC0mOcj
lvl.1

United States

I have been having problems with recognizing my controller with the new software. I tried both on Windows 10 and the latest MacOS. Where can I find the previous DJI Assistant so I can get the firmware from December 2019 that had support for Liftoff through USB-c?

I tried talking to chat support but they said that this is not a consumer product and that I need to email support@dji.com
2020-4-24
Use props
djiuser_bkVbLgC0mOcj
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_bkVbLgC0mOcj Posted at 4-24 12:44
I have been having problems with recognizing my controller with the new software. I tried both on Windows 10 and the latest MacOS. Where can I find the previous DJI Assistant so I can get the firmware from December 2019 that had support for Liftoff through USB-c?

I tried talking to chat support but they said that this is not a consumer product and that I need to email

Do I need some extra drivers that are separate from the latest software download??
2020-4-24
Use props
boHHoc
lvl.1
Hungary

Hi Guys!

After this update i found something wird, while im flying after 1-2 minutes the pitch just locking in.

Thanks for the help!
2020-4-25
Use props
boHHoc
lvl.1
Hungary

Giammi Posted at 4-19 06:32
I did it too with no issues at all.

how? i have some problem after the hack like pich lock.
2020-4-25
Use props
Invi7
lvl.1

Malaysia

Need live audio +1
2020-4-26
Use props
Katsulas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820210 ft
Greece

Everything works perfect on this update with OSD and GPS.
How can send image from the DJI FPV to Smart Controller? When I connect the Smart Controller and the DJI FPV Goggles with Type C cable I see to the Smart Controller the Videos from the FPV but i can have live view.
Any tutorial ?
== UPDATE ==
Just see the new app. Excellent job the new update..
2020-4-26
Use props
Popz6527
lvl.1
Flight distance : 564915 ft
United States

I can’t get DJI assistant 2 on my hp how dio I get it for hp
2020-4-26
Use props
Popz6527
lvl.1
Flight distance : 564915 ft
United States

I can’t get DJI assistant 2 on my hp how dio I get it for hp
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_vFBrSFXR0csQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124478 ft
United States

Now we just need the new Live app available on the Crystalsky. I don’t need hdmi output and have no need for the smart controller, but would love to be able to display the video from goggles on 7.8” CS display.
2020-4-26
Use props
dineli
lvl.2

Switzerland

It seems to work fine here, also transmitting through HDMI from the Smart Controller to the Moverio BT-35E. Thank you very much DJI, it is much appreciated!
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_974b77oeHbz1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

All telemetry information lost after 0005 firmware update !!.

Now hear's a very strange one, I updated three air units and the goggles from FW 0004 to FW 0005, the update's all went without a hitch.

However, after the update two of the three air units lost all MSP telemetry information in the OSD, not even voltage or arm/disarm are now displayed, yet one unit still works fine !!! What The !!!!!

So I downgraded back to 0004, same problem, two broken one working fine..........

So I tried downgrading/upgrading to every version of the FW even back to 0001 but nothing fixes the problem.

I emailed DJI support but no response for 4 days now.

Any ideas would be gratefully received !! :-)
2020-4-27
Use props
Pappjeger
lvl.1

Norway

om.antonFPV Posted at 4-17 07:48

Hi. Same problem. Everything was working, but lost my GPS and replaced it with a new one of same type. Now I have that dash instead of the arrow. And my SD cards are acting up: slow write speed,wont record for more than 10 sec. and maybe because of that the image is blocky even at close range
2020-4-27
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nanois Posted at 4-21 20:49
airspeed as well. Currently only ground speed is displayed.

Airspeed require a hardware Pitot tube.
2020-4-28
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 4-28 04:17
Airspeed require a hardware Pitot tube.

Surely if the GPS has a 3D lock you can calculate without one?
2020-4-28
Use props
fans63a3586e
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hello everyone. I've just bought dji air unit dji goggles along with the kakute f7 aio dji plug and play fc, at the moment the quad is analogue. I wont be using the dji controller, could anyone enlighten m please, with this new dji firmware release, regarding the gps arrow and altitude and other things in the osd, does this only work for betaflight or now as well, as at the moment my quad is on inav with gps and compass, also I'll still be using crossfire on my jumper tx, any info much appreciated, many thanks. Ian
2020-4-28
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans63a3586e Posted at 4-28 12:15
Hello everyone. I've just bought dji air unit dji goggles along with the kakute f7 aio dji plug and play fc, at the moment the quad is analogue. I wont be using the dji controller, could anyone enlighten m please, with this new dji firmware release, regarding the gps arrow and altitude and other things in the osd, does this only work for betaflight or now as well, as at the moment my quad is on inav with gps and compass, also I'll still be using crossfire on my jumper tx, any info much appreciated, many thanks. Ian

Yes it works fine with iNav.
2020-4-28
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Change Agent Posted at 4-28 10:09
Surely if the GPS has a 3D lock you can calculate without one?

Ah no. The GPS can only calculate ground speed. It can't tell how fast or in what direction the wind is blowing. A Pitot Tube that samples the airflow into the Pitot is how it's done. The Pitot tube has to openings. One laterally to detect the actual Air pressure the other on the tip of the tube due to speed into the tube. I.e Airspeed.

2020-4-29
Use props
ian-morrislive.co.uk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thank you for your reply change agent. I now have the air unit connected to the kakute f7 board and have my crossfire nano reaciever soldered up.i decided to go on betaflight first
to get it all up and running.  The board is plug and play with the air unit, everything is working OK regarding the crossfire, all motors working correctly with the tx. The goggles and air unit are on and working and the video is great, the problem I'm having is I cannot see any betaflight osd in the goggles, only the dji goggles voltage and so on, I updated the firmware in air unit and goggles first to the latest firmware, and have turned on custom osd in the goggles, don't really want to fly with no quad battery voltage at all, any help appreciated. Thanks
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules