DJI Digital FPV System Release Notes (4/13/2020)
45541 176 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ian-morrislive.co.uk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Please disregard my last message, it's working now, I had not enabled the msp on uart 1, silly me, many thanks
2020-4-29
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 4-29 03:18
Ah no. The GPS can only calculate ground speed. It can't tell how fast or in what direction the wind is blowing. A Pitot Tube that samples the airflow into the Pitot is how it's done. The Pitot tube has to openings. One laterally to detect the actual Air pressure the other on the tip of the tube due to speed into the tube. I.e Airspeed.

[view_image]

I'm not convinced it's a dead end. Granted a Pitot tube is a great solution but I still think since the GPS is capable of altitude measurements along with latitude and longitude you should be able to work out a three dimensional speed by measuring position change over time.
2020-4-29
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ian-morrislive.co.uk Posted at 4-29 08:41
Please disregard my last message, it's working now, I had not enabled the msp on uart 1, silly me, many thanks

No worries. Glad you got it working.
2020-4-29
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Change Agent Posted at 4-29 12:12
I'm not convinced it's a dead end. Granted a Pitot tube is a great solution but I still think since the GPS is capable of altitude measurements along with latitude and longitude you should be able to work out a three dimensional speed by measuring position change over time.

Sorry, I don't know what you think air speed is but this is not feasible.

GPS reads where the GPS unit is and how fast it is travelling. i.e. Ground speed. Air speed is the speed it travels in the air at a particular altitude. And varied by wind direction. In a 50 Knot wind the differences are 100 Knots depending on flying the upwind or downwind leg. Why Aircraft land on the upwind direction.

You can calculate the altitude but you cant calculate the wind or how the air is moving at that altitude.

It can only be measured by the speed of the air relative to the aircraft. This is why all aircraft have pitot tubes. There is no other option.
2020-5-1
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Change Agent Posted at 4-29 12:12

You can't calculate Air Speed, you can only measure it with a Pitot's tube. What you're meaning is a sort of 3D speed, taking into account vertical speed as well, but, in that case, still is not possible to calculate it with GPS, since GPS data precision in Z is very poor. Maybe you can try to calculate it mixing the datas coming from the barometer, but, frankly speaking, who cares? Ground speed is the only interesting value from a navigation point of view. Air speed is mainly for aerodynamics.
2020-5-1
Use props
fans55f68c26
lvl.1
Canada

Does anyone have distance from home working on the new release?  I've tried two different setups.  GPS works but distance is always 0m
I'm beginning to wonder if Betaflight is outputting the data in the MSP stream.  I've tried with and without rescue mode enabled just in case there was a dependency.
2020-5-1
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes Gammi and Bjr you are right I should not call it airspeed and instead call it GPS 3D speed. Yes I know the Z (altitude) is not perfect but I would be willing to try it to see how well it works. I mean altitude works ok and does not glitch as things are now on betaflight. I think perhaps in order to smooth the values out you could have it sampling at 1hz and then average longer and update the GPS 3D speed OSD output value slower at 0.5hz.
2020-5-1
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans55f68c26 Posted at 5-1 14:45
Does anyone have distance from home working on the new release?  I've tried two different setups.  GPS works but distance is always 0m
I'm beginning to wonder if Betaflight is outputting the data in the MSP stream.  I've tried with and without rescue mode enabled just in case there was a dependency.

For distance to home to work you need a proper gps fix. I have been able to take off a few times where the home point must not have been set and I do not get distance to home or the arrow. Landing and disarming fixes this.
2020-5-2
Use props
fanscde95f83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85 ft

United States

Please add live audio if possible without slowing anything down.
Betaflight warnings
the ability to move the DJI OSD around
It would be nice to be able to set the transmitter scroll wheels to adjust the scene on one and the EV on the other
2020-5-3
Use props
smaugfm
New

Ukraine

Hello. Betaflight warnings in the OSD are a must. It allows for troubleshooting which is essential when dealing with self-made quads! Hope to see it in the next update.
2020-5-4
Use props
AWDturboScott
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Is there any updates about this firmware version (0.0500) causing SD slow errors that stops the recording on the air unit?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
2020-5-5
Use props
NoClip
New

Sweden

AWDturboScott Posted at 5-5 21:33
Is there any updates about this firmware version (0.0500) causing SD slow errors that stops the recording on the air unit?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

After updating to this firmare the videos recorded on the air unit will stop mid flight seemingly at random. So only the initial part is recorded. Out of 10 flights i only got 2-3 full length videos, the other ones cut off mid flight.

Is this the SD slow error that you are talking about?

In the previous firmware this was not an issue. I think I will revert because this is really annoying.
2020-5-9
Use props
AWDturboScott
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

NoClip Posted at 5-9 13:32
After updating to this firmare the videos recorded on the air unit will stop mid flight seemingly at random. So only the initial part is recorded. Out of 10 flights i only got 2-3 full length videos, the other ones cut off mid flight.

Is this the SD slow error that you are talking about?

Yes, same issue a lot of people seem to be having on .0500 firmware, Ive downgraded to .0400 and have not experienced the issue since!
2020-5-9
Use props
Alejandro8706
lvl.4

Spain

hola a todos ... a mi me va todo perfecto en mis drones de carreras y el longrange incluso en el cadxx vista. gracias dji. ;)
2020-5-10
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Xviews Posted at 4-13 03:06
Caddx Nebula? New Camera for Vista? OSD home point direction,GPS speed NICE NICE NICE

Caddx Nebula = Nano Cam
https://caddxfpv.com/pages/caddx-nebula-nano-aluminum-alloy-housing-the-lightest-digital-hd-fpv-camera-coming-soon

2020-5-11
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yep same I now get SD CARD slow errors, corrupted files and prematurely ended videos.
You need to hurry up and fix this in v01.00.06.00 DJI.
2020-5-14
Use props
AlasdairM
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Items to be included in next/future update:

As asked for above, one of the most wanted on my wishlist please is:

Throttle position in OSD

This would be really helpful.
Regards, Alasdair
2020-5-15
Use props
ElCorboLoco
New
Flight distance : 35226 ft

United States

Please add Audio!  I have so much range now, that the quad get so far away I cannot hear it.  Need Audio!  Love the product
2020-5-15
Use props
G2loq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225623 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Change Agent Posted at 5-14 14:13
Yep same I now get SD CARD slow errors, corrupted files and prematurely ended videos.
You need to hurry up and fix this in v01.00.06.00 DJI.

Exactly the same problem on ALL of my quad (i have 5...) .. a real shame. Please fix asap
2020-5-15
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

G2loq Posted at 5-15 18:33
Exactly the same problem on ALL of my quad (i have 5...) .. a real shame. Please fix asap

Thanks for the update. I would like to add that just to be sure I purchased a bunch of Sandisk Extreme A2 cards and then tested them with Check Flash 1.17.0 and then tried again and one video recorded ok but the other one was corrupted at the start and chopped off the first five seconds and ten seconds in was visually corrupted with lagging artifacts for about two seconds.
2020-5-20
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Since this is quite a big issue.. is there any news regarding the new firmware that should fix it?
2020-5-20
Use props
dr_jon3s
lvl.2

United Kingdom

+1 on that - HD recording on this FW is effectively 'broken' -  it's a major issue - some sort of update from DJI would be appropriate.
2020-5-21
Use props
dr_jon3s
lvl.2

United Kingdom

+1 on that - HD recording on this FW is effectively 'broken' -  it's a major issue - some sort of update from DJI would be appropriate.
2020-5-21
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ok I just exchanged some messages with DJI over in the support forum and they say disabling auto record and running a factory reset on the goggles may fix it and they are aware of the issue and it's due to be addressed in the next firmware update v01.00.6.00.
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH
lvl.1

United States

My home direction arrow is pointing backwards away from take off point. But home distance shows correct distance away and back. How do I fix this arrow to point the correct way? Air unit dji, and I use xfire rx. Clracing f7 v2. Tried changing uploading fonts, no change. Home point set to arm once = on.
Betaflight 4.1.6
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH
lvl.1

United States

My home direction arrow is pointing backwards away from take off point. But home distance shows correct distance away and back. How do I fix this arrow to point the correct way? Air unit dji, and I use xfire rx. Clracing f7 v2. Tried changing uploading fonts, no change. Home point set to arm once = on.
Betaflight 4.1.6
2020-5-21
Use props
GTRsavas
New

Turkey

The video recording on the air unit almost always stops mid-flight.  I've had this problem before but not that much. Should I reset the Goggles for this? How is it going to help with the problem with the air unit? Or should I go back to 1.04? I'm afraid to cause more problems. When will 1.06 be released?
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH
lvl.1

United States

GTRsavas Posted at 5-21 15:49
The video recording on the air unit almost always stops mid-flight.  I've had this problem before but not that much. Should I reset the Goggles for this? How is it going to help with the problem with the air unit? Or should I go back to 1.04? I'm afraid to cause more problems. When will 1.06 be released?

Try doing this. In goggles menu , device menu ,  factory reset , then power off goggles and air unit. Power back on and put in youre settings back in goggles and air unit. That worked for me after last update made my air units stop recording.
2020-5-21
Use props
fansb2701338
lvl.1

Germany

Analog-Video-Input is still unstable in this firmware version. It suffers from sporadic restarts (black screen) of the goggles when in AV-in mode. This leads to immediate crash and loss of the aircraft. Extremely dangerous.
2020-5-21
Use props
fansb2701338
lvl.1

Germany

Videos on The air units’ SD card will not reliably record with a “slow SD card” warning. I’m using a Sandisc extreme pro. It worked fine with the previous firmware. This means that I still need to carry a gopro or I risk missing out on some great shots.
2020-5-22
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes totally it has ruined a ton of shots now. DJI stopped replying when I pressed them for the next firmware release date so we might be stuck like this a little longer and I'm considering flashing to an earlier version although it is nice having the gps working on the osd. Yes I'm starting to wonder about getting a Hero 8 and then do the naked mod so it's sub 20g.
2020-5-22
Use props
Tomasimo
lvl.3

Lithuania

DJI, the big communicator with its customer stopped communicating, once some issues appeared... typical
2020-5-22
Use props
Mastoid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

What's goin on with the SD card issues? Since latest firmware update all my SD cards are acting up - not just the ones in my Air Units stopping recording.

The card in my goggles will record a video fine, I can watch it back. If I power down my goggles, the next time I power them up they do not recognise the SD card as being present.

I have to remove and reinsert the SD card up to 7 or 8 times before it is recognised again.

I am worried about the longevity of the goggles SD card slot if I have to mess around inserting/reinserting a card 8 times for every time I want to fly a new Lipo pack on my quad.

I am against leaving the goggles powered up unnecessarily while I change props / swap Lipo / change quad / adjust FC in Speedybee App / spek to someone etc.

My transmitter and quad can be powered up and ready to arm, and my goggles won't recognise an SD (SanDisk Extreme v30 etc) for several minutes.

This can mean I am arming and taking off on 80% power instead of 100%, and I worry about breaking the goggles.

Please fix this DJI - 50MB/s is no use if the equipment is in denial about the presence of an SD card and the AirUnit chucks it 10 seconds into the flight.
2020-5-24
Use props
Mastoid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yeah DJI what's going on with the forum -can't-edit-your-own-post - issues?

This is not an accidental repost.  I only wanted to correct spelling   but you won't let me edit after 2 mins?  Oh well here it all is again. Spot the difference people - what was the spelling mistake?lol

What's goin on with the SD card issues? Since latest firmware update all my SD cards are acting up - not just the ones in my Air Units stopping recording.

The card in my goggles will record a video fine, I can watch it back. If I power down my goggles, the next time I power them up they do not recognise the SD card as being present.

I have to remove and reinsert the SD card up to 7 or 8 times before it is recognised again.

I am worried about the longevity of the goggles SD card slot if I have to mess around inserting/reinserting a card 8 times for every time I want to fly a new Lipo pack on my quad.

I am against leaving the goggles powered up unnecessarily while I change props / swap Lipo / change quad / adjust FC in Speedybee App / speak to someone etc.

My transmitter and quad can be powered up and ready to arm, and my goggles won't recognise an SD (SanDisk Extreme v30 etc) for several minutes.

This can mean I am arming and taking off on 80% power instead of 100%, and I worry about breaking the goggles.

Please fix this DJI - 50MB/s is no use if the equipment is in denial about the presence of an SD card and the AirUnit chucks it 10 seconds into the flight.
2020-5-24
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

When will the DJI Googles be updated to work with the MM and the MA2 common DJI
2020-5-24
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I got a delayed reply and they said they have no idea when the next firmware is due and to watch the forums for an announcement.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_je00B7HZv7ml
New

United States

Giammi Posted at 4-13 07:28
Finally complete GPS data on OSD, thanks DJI!

BTW, still two big things are missing:

yea its amazing but i have to go back because all my on board video keeps getting corrupted! please fix this dji and quickly so I can get my GPS back
2020-5-24
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So as per their advice I turned off auto record but it still corrupted and or chopped all recordings throwing a slow sd card error mid flight. This firmware is totally unreliable for Air unit recording. The goggles record fine and I have been making do feeling like I suddenly own a Caddx Vista. I know the next firmware is the one with the new fancy 50Mbps mode but right now fixing the video recording is more important which is why I think DJI should get another firmware out as a fix without the new mode.
If you agree copy text below

"Come on we need this fixed asap DJI!"

2020-5-26
Use props
djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH
lvl.1

United States

Change Agent Posted at 5-26 14:29
So as per their advice I turned off auto record but it still corrupted and or chopped all recordings throwing a slow sd card error mid flight. This firmware is totally unreliable for Air unit recording. The goggles record fine and I have been making do feeling like I suddenly own a Caddx Vista. I know the next firmware is the one with the new fancy 50Mbps mode but right now fixing the video recording is more important which is why I think DJI should get another firmware out as a fix without the new mode.
If you agree copy text below

To fix sd card isue - on the goggles go to device. Reset to factory settings. Power off goggles. Power up and put in your settings back on goggles. It fixed my 3 air units.
2020-5-26
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH Posted at 5-26 17:47
To fix sd card isue - on the goggles go to device. Reset to factory settings. Power off goggles. Power up and put in your settings back on goggles. It fixed my 3 air units.

Nope. I did the factory reset and still today all my recordings except the goggles failed. Some of us really do need a fix.
2020-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules