Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Digital FPV System Release Notes (4/13/2020)
34812 176 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomasimo
lvl.4

Republic of Lithuania

Change Agent Posted at 5-27 10:13
Nope. I did the factory reset and still today all my recordings except the goggles failed. Some of us really do need a fix.

Just revert to the previous version... For me previous version would be fine, but that beeping with 50-60% battery is more than annoying, and is not working with anything else than lipo...
2020-5-27
Use props
Lewfpv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have updated air unit, dji controller and fpv goggles to the vastest update and now when I put the throttle up on the controller and back down again my drone stays at that speed and I have to flick the power cut switch to stop the throttle of the drone props.
2020-5-27
Use props
Lewfpv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have updated air unit, dji controller and fpv goggles to the latest update and now when I put the throttle up on the controller and back down again my drone stays at that speed and I have to flick the power cut switch to stop the throttle of the drone props.
2020-5-27
Use props
Tom_A
Captain
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lewfpv Posted at 5-27 12:25
I have updated air unit, dji controller and fpv goggles to the latest update and now when I put the throttle up on the controller and back down again my drone stays at that speed and I have to flick the power cut switch to stop the throttle of the drone props.

Are you using the DJI controller? You can connect the controller to your computer with BetaFlight to check what the remote is doing. Remove the props since you need to plug in to check the remote signal. If the throttle channel (on remote tab) moves up and down correctly, then it’s more likely something wrong with your settings in BetaFlight causing the issue. Motors do not always spin down properly if props are off. Sometimes the flight controller will try to correct the orientation but it can’t do that with props off.
2020-5-28
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Tomasimo Posted at 5-27 10:20
Just revert to the previous version... For me previous version would be fine, but that beeping with 50-60% battery is more than annoying, and is not working with anything else than lipo...

Yes I am going to roll back my others. I think folks need to be really careful with this latest firmware. Yesterday when I was flying I noticed one of my flights the DISARMED text stayed on the screen and the latency felt higher with little glitches in the image. Today I was just cruising slow soaking up the landscape and the video completely froze and in the resulting crash my whole quad was burnt to a crisp when the 6 cell exploded. Thanks DJI.

2020-5-28
Use props
Kreeze
Second Officer

United States

Change Agent Posted at 5-28 09:02
Yes I am going to roll back my others. I think folks need to be really careful with this latest firmware. Yesterday when I was flying I noticed one of my flights the DISARMED text stayed on the screen and the latency felt higher with little glitches in the image. Today I was just cruising slow soaking up the landscape and the video completely froze and in the resulting crash my whole quad was burnt to a crisp when the 6 cell exploded. Thanks DJI.

[view_image]

that's a big oof. i don't think it's fair to blame that on DJI though. something must have shorted causing that fire. i'm sure you have a regulator but remember the air unit only technically supports 4s and below. maybe your 6s had something to do with it?
2020-5-28
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Kreeze Posted at 5-28 10:35
that's a big oof. i don't think it's fair to blame that on DJI though. something must have shorted causing that fire. i'm sure you have a regulator but remember the air unit only technically supports 4s and below. maybe your 6s had something to do with it?

Of course I understand the air unit's basic voltage requirements. The quad has been running like a champ with everything carefully tuned for almost 7 months till I updated the firmware and experienced these issues.
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH Posted at 5-26 17:47
To fix sd card isue - on the goggles go to device. Reset to factory settings. Power off goggles. Power up and put in your settings back on goggles. It fixed my 3 air units.

I forgot to power off the air unit and goggles after reset to factory settings then power up gaoggles and air unit and put back settings. Then probably power all off and on again. Somthing like that , then even the 1200mw  power settings were back. Try more than once use a fan to cool air unit.
2020-5-28
Use props
TRYSK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388914 ft
Italy

The air unit stops recording. The goggles show a message about the low speed of the sd card and its clear this is not the case. The card is very good and was used in another air unit with a different firmware with no issues.
2020-5-29
Use props
TRYSK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388914 ft
Italy

Pappjeger Posted at 4-27 22:38
Hi. Same problem. Everything was working, but lost my GPS and replaced it with a new one of same type. Now I have that dash instead of the arrow. And my SD cards are acting up: slow write speed,wont record for more than 10 sec. and maybe because of that the image is blocky even at close range

I have the same issue. The air unit stops recording after few seconds. Have you solved with another firmware?
2020-5-29
Use props
fans173ef018
New

United States

I just received my vista and did the update straight out of the box. I’m only able to pick between two output powers 25mW and 700mW. Is this correct? I’m in the US.
2020-5-29
Use props
Lewfpv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tom_A Posted at 5-28 07:01
Are you using the DJI controller? You can connect the controller to your computer with BetaFlight to check what the remote is doing. Remove the props since you need to plug in to check the remote signal. If the throttle channel (on remote tab) moves up and down correctly, then it’s more likely something wrong with your settings in BetaFlight causing the issue. Motors do not always spin down properly if props are off. Sometimes the flight controller will try to correct the orientation but it can’t do that with props off.

thank you for your response Tom. I'm new to fpv I have a question about the distance of the dji fpv. I have the dji controller and the goggles but for some reason my drone can only go about 100 meters and then I start losing signal from the controller and the goggles pixelate so I have to fly the drone back. is there anyway to make the drone go further?

thanks
lewis
2020-5-30
Use props
Lewfpv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tom_A Posted at 5-28 07:01

Hi again Tom, I just tried again with the props on and its working fine. really appreciate it!
2020-5-30
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
Flight distance : 233757 ft
United States

Change Agent Posted at 5-28 09:02
Yes I am going to roll back my others. I think folks need to be really careful with this latest firmware. Yesterday when I was flying I noticed one of my flights the DISARMED text stayed on the screen and the latency felt higher with little glitches in the image. Today I was just cruising slow soaking up the landscape and the video completely froze and in the resulting crash my whole quad was burnt to a crisp when the 6 cell exploded. Thanks DJI.

[view_image]

Ouch!  That's terrible...you really think this was due to the firmware update.  I haven't updated the firmware...just reading through the comments (as I always do).  Its been a while since I've flown so just catching up from last months release notes.

Sorry about your FPV ....man that really sucks!  
2020-5-30
Use props
Tom_A
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Lewfpv Posted at 5-30 06:42
thank you for your response Tom. I'm new to fpv  I have a question about the distance of the dji fpv. I have the dji controller and the goggles but for some reason my drone can only go about 100 meters and then I start losing signal from the controller and the goggles pixelate so I have to fly the drone back. is there anyway to make the drone go further?

thanks

What power setting are you using? I usually get more range than that. Vegetation sometimes messes with range more than a concrete structure. What were the exact flying conditions? You should check and make sure your antennas are installed correctly.
2020-5-30
Use props
Lewfpv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tom_A Posted at 5-30 23:25
What power setting are you using? I usually get more range than that. Vegetation sometimes messes with range more than a concrete structure. What were the exact flying conditions? You should check and make sure your antennas are installed correctly.

the power setting is on 25mW but it won't let me change it. it like this is the only setting I can have it on I try to change it via settings on the dji goggles but it won't allow me to change it. any idea how to change it to the 700mW?

thanks
2020-5-31
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

TRYSK Posted at 5-29 13:14
The air unit stops recording. The goggles show a message about the low speed of the sd card and its clear this is not the case. The card is very good and was used in another air unit with a different firmware with no issues.

I've been complaining about this for awhile . At least a couple FW back . I lost my GepRC Rocket Plus when the goggle video just went black on the latest FW at around 700 feet away . It's in a tree somewhere but never could spot it .  Got a new Transtec Beetle mini and the Vista unit would give the slow SD card error and not record . If I turned off heat protection it worked .
2020-5-31
Use props
Tom_A
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Lewfpv Posted at 5-31 10:42
the power setting is on 25mW but it won't let me change it. it like this is the only setting I can have it on  I try to change it via settings on the dji goggles but it won't allow me to change it. any idea how to change it to the 700mW?

thanks

What country are you using the system in? Some countries restrict usage to 25mw
2020-5-31
Use props
djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH Posted at 5-28 18:12
I forgot to power off the air unit and goggles after reset to factory settings then power up gaoggles and air unit and put back settings. Then probably power all off and on again. Somthing like that , then even the 1200mw  power settings were back. Try more than once use a fan to cool air unit.

Ah crap flew today air unit not recording. The proceedure dosen't work need software fix.
But home arrow worked the right direction.
2020-6-1
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.4

United Kingdom

RGMGFitness Posted at 5-30 09:08
Ouch!  That's terrible...you really think this was due to the firmware update.  I haven't updated the firmware...just reading through the comments (as I always do).  Its been a while since I've flown so just catching up from last months release notes.

Sorry about your FPV ....man that really sucks!

Yeah it sucks. Right before it froze I got the SLOW SD error and I was only a short distance in line of sight in front of myself in an area I have flown hundreds of times over the years. I had no weirdness till I upgraded the firmware which I only upgraded because I wanted all the GPS OSD elements. DJI said they are aware of issues and have advised rolling back the firmware till v01.00.06.00 is available. It's up to you if you want to take a chance or just wait a month for v01.00.06.00.
2020-6-2
Use props
Pixels with ALT
lvl.2

Canada

Change Agent Posted at 6-2 10:54
Yeah it sucks. Right before it froze I got the SLOW SD error and I was only a short distance in line of sight in front of myself in an area I have flown hundreds of times over the years. I had no weirdness till I upgraded the firmware which I only upgraded because I wanted all the GPS OSD elements. DJI said they are aware of issues and have advised rolling back the firmware till v01.00.06.00 is available. It's up to you if you want to take a chance or just wait a month for v01.00.06.00.

I had the same happen today - smoked a 7 inch long range premium build because of it!
Flying along, 50m in front of me LOS no obstructions and then I got the black screen with DJI logo. In post crash analysis, whilst sobbing into my beer, I noted that the OSD shows a quick flick to CH65535 part way through the flight and then again as it goes to black screen…..
Air unit and Goggs on firmware 01.00.0500
I too have experienced the SD card probs. 128gb Extreme in the air unit and most of the time it doesn’t recognise the card and says ‘no SD card’. Other times it randomly records or stops. Luckily for this flight the goggles recorded until a few seconds after the black screen.
The video also recorded on the air unit but due to the crash it didn’t finalise because of power loss so I have a video file which is corrupt from the air unit.
Now I’m up for $500 to replace the entire (5 flight old) 7 inch quad.
DJI care to comment??

CH65535 during flight

CH65535 at point of Black Screen
2020-6-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
Flight distance : 233757 ft
United States

Change Agent Posted at 6-2 10:54
Yeah it sucks. Right before it froze I got the SLOW SD error and I was only a short distance in line of sight in front of myself in an area I have flown hundreds of times over the years. I had no weirdness till I upgraded the firmware which I only upgraded because I wanted all the GPS OSD elements. DJI said they are aware of issues and have advised rolling back the firmware till v01.00.06.00 is available. It's up to you if you want to take a chance or just wait a month for v01.00.06.00.

Thanks...Oh, I'm def. waiting at this point.  
2020-6-3
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Pixels with ALT Posted at 6-2 13:25
I had the same happen today - smoked a 7 inch long range premium build because of it!
Flying along, 50m in front of me LOS no obstructions and then I got the black screen with DJI logo. In post crash analysis, whilst sobbing into my beer, I noted that the OSD shows a quick flick to CH65535 part way through the flight and then again as it goes to black screen…..
Air unit and Goggs on firmware 01.00.0500

You might be able to insert the SD card with the corrupt file into a working Air Unit and power it up . My old RunCam HD cameras would fix the corrupt file doing that .
2020-6-3
Use props
Pixels with ALT
lvl.2

Canada

rydfree41 Posted at 6-3 08:51
You might be able to insert the SD card with the corrupt file into a working Air Unit and power it up . My old RunCam HD cameras would fix the corrupt file doing that .

I’ll give it a shot - might take a bunch of tries for the air unit to recognize the card ironically.....
I have a new air unit here waiting for another build that I’ll power up and see what I can do.
2020-6-3
Use props
CurroFPV
New
Spain

Thunfisch Posted at 4-13 14:09
I have some trouble with this update (Googles, DJI Air Unit and Caddx Vista). All devices are disconnecting while updating several times. I was able to bring the new version to the devices after some tries, but then I was able to select CH1-3 and 25mW only.
Currently I'm rolling back to V01.00.0400 and hope that it will work again.
I tried the update with a MacBook and a windows machine, also tried different USB-C cables, but this doesn't seem to be the problem here. Any other people facing the same issues?

I have exactly the same trouble, the Caddx Vista unit, from my newly purchased BetaFPV 95X, is continuously disconnected and does not allow me to finish the last update.
Did you manage to fix it?
2020-6-4
Use props
jedhassell
lvl.2

United States

Also unable to record video on air unit.  Any ETA on fix for this?
2020-6-4
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Sorry to see you experienced the same issue and also had a crash. After finishing the strip down I only have two motors and my finder beeper not damaged. I hope you are able to salvage more from your crash. I have contacted DJI but have not had a reply yet.
2020-6-5
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.4

United Kingdom

RGMGFitness Posted at 6-3 07:46
Thanks...Oh, I'm def. waiting at this point.

Smart. I wish I had waited to see if there were issues.
2020-6-5
Use props
dr_jon3s
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Took the decision to roll back to v01.00.04.00 today - personally 'just' continual SD card slow errors and recording corruption for me so I'd been flying with no SD and not recording via air unit -  but I'd seen far too many reports of screen freezes or black screen issues with the v01.00.05.00 release to continue flying it.

IMO this .05 release is a bad / dangerous one and was not release ready - besides that the only features that were really of interest to me were the various in goggle / OSD updates. Disappointing to have to drop them but from a safety standpoint its a no brainer.

I personally was never remotely interested in the live broadcast to smart controller which seems to be the 'Big News' on this one. USB C to regular HDMI out would have been nice (as would have been HDMI to USB-C in for that matter)....- Off topic but this direction of further tying folks into the DJI ecosystem for basic connectivity features doesn't sit well with me at all.

Have to say DJI's lack of communication/action on this one has been very disappointing. Really hoping when the next (.06) FW release drops its not such a dogs dinner!
2020-6-6
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.4

United Kingdom

dr_jon3s Posted at 6-6 02:57
Took the decision to roll back to v01.00.04.00 today - personally 'just' continual SD card slow errors and recording corruption for me so I'd been flying with no SD and not recording via air unit -  but I'd seen far too many reports of screen freezes or black screen issues with the v01.00.05.00 release to continue flying it.

IMO this .05 release is a bad / dangerous one and was not release ready - besides that the only features that were really of interest to me were the various in goggle / OSD updates. Disappointing to have to drop them but from a safety standpoint its a no brainer.

Agreed. When mine froze it only froze for a second before I got the black screen followed by the DJI logo. I did like the idea of the video out feature but when I saw how much they wanted for their smart controller that I can't even use for anything else other than a screen I thought that's crazy and more than another set of goggles. All it needs to be is a cable that goes USB-C to HDMI at some reasonable sub 100 cost.
We have the new 50Mbps mode added in v01.00.06.00 which I also was interested in but I'm feeling a little apprehensive now. Juicy extra quality is nothing without stability. Get it right in the next update DJI.  
2020-6-8
Use props
dikerBer
lvl.2

Germany

i noticed the same thing with my recordings, the channel was changing to 65535 every 20sec or so for just a couple of frames, but i didn't notice anything wrong with the flight.
i googled, but found nothing on the error, so i thought it's probably nothing ("everyone knows it does that from time to time, no need to talk about it")
since i was new i just accepted it.

ALSO only 1 of 10 recordings in the air unit go on for more than 1 minute until SD SLOW error comes up.
it's my first firmware, but it's definitely the worst i can imagine. it's like selling a car that turns off after 1km every time and the manufacturer doesn't even respond about it

(i also had a freeze-crash once, but that was just once. my recordings stop EVERY SINGLE TIME. QA anyone?)
2020-6-9
Use props
to the moon
lvl.1

Netherlands

I cannot create a new thread so I'll ask it here instead. When using the goggles only for AV input is it safe to run the goggles without the 4 DJI antennas?

It wouldn't make any sense for it to be transmitting or even receiving while it is being used only as a screen, also for battery management, and so it should be safe. But I would like to be sure before I try it anyways.
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_RbjjMpXmCanL
lvl.1

India

Been having the same issues as everyone here with the corrupted recordings past the roughly 1 min mark. It's not even occasional, happens on almost every flight now.

DJI, care to comment? In typical DJI fashion the mods just disappear once the issues start appearing. Their job isn't only to reply on comments where the issue has been already fixed isn't it?

Has rolling back to the 0.04 version help fixed this issue for folks in the thread? Would love to know before I downgrade.
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_54InybhvDdM0
lvl.2

Australia

djiuser_RbjjMpXmCanL Posted at 6-9 20:43
Been having the same issues as everyone here with the corrupted recordings past the roughly 1 min mark. It's not even occasional, happens on almost every flight now.

DJI, care to comment? In typical DJI fashion the mods just disappear once the issues start appearing. Their job isn't only to reply on comments where the issue has been already fixed isn't it?

Yip.  rolled back to 0.004, no issues recording at all, did a 10min recording on one of my flights no issues and about 6 flights all up - all recordings worked 100%.

2020-6-10
Use props
dr_jon3s
lvl.2

United Kingdom

djiuser_54InybhvDdM0 Posted at 6-10 23:20
Yip.  rolled back to 0.004, no issues recording at all, did a 10min recording on one of my flights no issues and about 6 flights all up - all recordings worked 100%.

same here.
2020-6-11
Use props
hasv
lvl.1

United States

Dear DJI,

You have been doing a great job on the updates! I really appreciate it. I need to say that in this last update, the recording issue in the Air Unit is a very important FIX to address in the next update. Please get it right next time.

On the side, we are missing live audio streaming, especially for us doing long distance where audio feedback is very important.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
2020-6-11
Use props
dr_jon3s
lvl.2

United Kingdom

@ DJI - any news on the upcoming (I hope)   v01.00.06.00  (?) firmware update?
2020-6-22
Use props
djiuser_vfFHzFdMu4S6
lvl.1

United States

My DJI Fpv digital goggles will not update on the DJI Assistant 2 keep Saying network error 3-3 retry in blue and when click again keep saying retry. what I do??
2020-6-25
Use props
codefizz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279682 ft
United States

Question for all of you guys with image or recording issues - what are your build details?  

1) Which Flight controller and ESC are you using
2) What size battery are you using?
3) How are you powering the air unit?
4) Are you using any caps and if yes, which one(s) and where?
5) What brand/type of SD card are you using and where did you buy it?
2020-6-26
Use props
jedhassell
lvl.2

United States

codefizz Posted at 6-26 04:03
Question for all of you guys with image or recording issues - what are your build details?  

1) Which Flight controller and ESC are you using

I'm using a GEPRC Rocket Plus https://geprc.com/product/rocket-plus-dji-air-unit-hd-fpv/
fc: GEP-20A-F4 AIO https://geprc.com/product/gep-20a-f4-aio/
battery: 650mah 4s rdq series
the power wire to the air unit is straight off the battery.  
there is a capacitor on the battery cable.
sd card: recommended sandisk extreme 64gb
2020-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules