Gimbal Calibration Error Code 40011
12Next >
41452 56 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikehmeyer
lvl.1

United States

I can't find any reference to this code.  What I'm seeing is that the gimbal isn't able to hold steady or at the correct angle, and I'm not able to control it from the remote.  I'm otherwise able to fly the mini.
2020-4-13
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Did you try an automatic or manual calibration in the Settings ?
2020-4-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Mike, just to verify, did the drone ever encounter a crash damage or hard landing? Please try to restart the drone and refresh the latest firmware for the drone and calibrate the gimbal again. If the issue persists, you can send the drone in for service https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav.
2020-4-14
Use props
mikehmeyer
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys.  I did clip a tree in my yard about ten feet off the ground, so there was a hard landing in grass.

I ended up letting the drone sit a bit and inspected the gimbal.  I didn't see any foreign material, and was able to freely move the gimbal on each axis, so it didn't seem to be impeded.  I suspected that perhaps a cable came loose but didn't see anything.  I ended up plugging a battery back in and taking it back out to see if an automatic calibration request happened again and for whatever reason this time everything calibrated okay and the mini flew without issue.  I flew it a couple more times last night and didn't have any issues.

Does it sound like the 40011 was a temporary issue that resolved itself or is it something that might come back?
2020-4-14
Use props
djiuser_3nk9xEQId1N6
New
Iran

mikehmeyer Posted at 4-14 05:28
Hey guys.  I did clip a tree in my yard about ten feet off the ground, so there was a hard landing in grass.

I ended up letting the drone sit a bit and inspected the gimbal.  I didn't see any foreign material, and was able to freely move the gimbal on each axis, so it didn't seem to be impeded.  I suspected that perhaps a cable came loose but didn't see anything.  I ended up plugging a battery back in and taking it back out to see if an automatic calibration request happened again and for whatever reason this time everything calibrated okay and the mini flew without issue.  I flew it a couple more times last night and didn't have any issues.

hi mike , did your problem (40011) fix???
i had the same
2020-4-30
Use props
mikehmeyer
lvl.1

United States

My board recovered and I've been flying since without issue.  It was kind of strange, it seemed like it wouldn't power up at all.  I waited a bit and then I could get some lights to turn on.  Then I was able to fly but the gimbal wasn't functioning, so the camera was all over the place.  I inspected everything and moved the gimbal around and the next time I tried to fly it everything was back to normal.

I never got a definitive answer of what 40011 means.
2020-4-30
Use props
Mattmann34
lvl.1
United States

mikehmeyer Posted at 4-30 13:06
My board recovered and I've been flying since without issue.  It was kind of strange, it seemed like it wouldn't power up at all.  I waited a bit and then I could get some lights to turn on.  Then I was able to fly but the gimbal wasn't functioning, so the camera was all over the place.  I inspected everything and moved the gimbal around and the next time I tried to fly it everything was back to normal.

I never got a definitive answer of what 40011 means.

I’m having the same issue! Just installed latest updates to firmware, fly safe and battery and I’m receiving the 40011 gimbal error as well. Im unable to move the camera from the controller at all. In my latest flight today, my gimbal started whipping and spazzing our all over the place while flying. Luckily it was still in sight and I was able to manually land it before anything happened. It launched ok and had no problem initially, but now this error will not clear even with a recalibration. Haven’t crashed this drone at all in the 4 months I’ve owned it and have been otherwise satisfied. Tried restarting many times and changed batteries as well. Any support would be appreciated!
2020-5-5
Use props
91zulu
New

United States

I have the same issue with my mavic air 2. Brand new , never even started the motors and I`m getting the 40011 error. Did update and calibrations... NOTHING.. This sucks big time. What the hell DJI ????
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_fyfOfAA3Zdfa
New

Italy

91zulu Posted at 6-19 14:59
I have the same issue with my mavic air 2. Brand new , never even started the motors and I`m getting the 40011 error. Did update and calibrations... NOTHING.. This sucks big time. What the hell DJI ????

the same thing just received it worked at the first switch on you could see that the gimbal reacted but as soon as I updated it does not work anymore you can not even calibrate in my opinion the problem was the update to the fly spot
2020-8-13
Use props
yon1126
New
Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-14 04:37
Hi Mike, just to verify, did the drone ever encounter a crash damage or hard landing? Please try to restart the drone and refresh the latest firmware for the drone and calibrate the gimbal again. If the issue persists, you can send the drone in for service https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav.

Hi DJI Thor.... crashed mine.. need to replace the camera. Camera replacement works fine however now it keeps showing this error constantly... is there any way to disable this error msg?

Thanks in advance.

2020-9-22
Use props
fans04a753c4
lvl.1

Canada

Mattmann34 Posted at 5-5 14:43
I’m having the same issue! Just installed latest updates to firmware, fly safe and battery and I’m receiving the 40011 gimbal error as well. Im unable to move the camera from the controller at all. In my latest flight today, my gimbal started whipping and spazzing our all over the place while flying. Luckily it was still in sight and I was able to manually land it before anything happened. It launched ok and had no problem initially, but now this error will not clear even with a recalibration. Haven’t crashed this drone at all in the 4 months I’ve owned it and have been otherwise satisfied. Tried restarting many times and changed batteries as well. Any support would be appreciated!

This started happening to me - Mattmann34 did you find a fix?
2020-10-10
Use props
fans8ff1a051
New

United Kingdom

yon1126 Posted at 9-22 02:26
Hi DJI Thor.... crashed mine.. need to replace the camera. Camera replacement works fine however now it keeps showing this error constantly... is there any way to disable this error msg?

Thanks in advance.

I’m having the exact same issue. Perfectly new gimbal working fine but still reading an error message. Any one had any luck?
2020-11-9
Use props
fans8ff1a051
New

United Kingdom

yon1126 Posted at 9-22 02:26

Thanks in advance.

I’m having the exact same issue. Perfectly new gimbal working fine but still reading an error message. Any one had any luck?
2020-11-9
Use props
MagoSaGazzu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37802 ft

Italy

This is the solution to remove gimbal calibration error 40011

1: Downgrade firmware to hold version v01.00.0320 with drone-hacks.com
2: Start automatic gimbal calibration with the dji fly app
3: Completed the calibration you can put the latest firmware available with dji assistant
2020-12-6
Use props
Thomaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3185807 ft
Brazil

MagoSaGazzu Posted at 12-6 10:31

unfortunately on dji mini 2 does not work
2020-12-18
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Gimbal calibration error for some reasons, maybe due to not removing the cover, will be saved in the log file on the smartphone. You have to get to them and delete them. It helped me.
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_pfC3YwE4rFij
New
United States

can you explain plz i need the help
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_pfC3YwE4rFij
New
United States

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 2020-12-30 11:32
Gimbal calibration error for some reasons, maybe due to not removing the cover, will be saved in the log file on the smartphone. You have to get to them and delete them. It helped me.

can you let me know how you did that i want to fix mine without having to ship it back and pay for something that wasn’t my fault
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Unfortunately, the repair did not work for a long time and the problem returns. I can not help.
2021-1-4
Use props
Edugonzalezo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491089 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

yon1126 Posted at 2020-9-22 02:26

Thanks in advance.

Hello friend, this error is a warning error that will be permanent in your drone, that happens when the original gimbal motors are changed, somehow DJI has the only way to eliminate that error directly in the firmware, it really is not an error operating, this happens from the gimbal of the Mavic Air, Mini, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2. Several colleagues are looking for a way to find a modified firmware so that this warning disappears.
2021-1-18
Use props
Jamie Lee0
lvl.1

Australia

Edugonzalezo Posted at 1-18 18:22
Hello friend, this error is a warning error that will be permanent in your drone, that happens when the original gimbal motors are changed, somehow DJI has the only way to eliminate that error directly in the firmware, it really is not an error operating, this happens from the gimbal of the Mavic Air, Mini, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2. Several colleagues are looking for a way to find a modified firmware so that this warning disappears.

I got same issue.  never crashed. the error of 40011 have been with me since first turning on the mini 2.  It flies well, no issues at all.  please update the firmware to remove the error please.
2021-1-26
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Jamie Lee0 Posted at 1-26 03:16
I got same issue.  never crashed. the error of 40011 have been with me since first turning on the mini 2.  It flies well, no issues at all.  please update the firmware to remove the error please.

I daresay this issue relates to a faulty gimbal coaxial cable that will need replacing. The drone still appears to fly fine, but the error message will remain and other errors appear intermittently. Best off sending it into DJI for repair.
2021-1-28
Use props
infoaudio-rent.nl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6716 ft
Netherlands

Mine has the same 40011 error, but worked perfect, onely the error message. I contacted DJI and worked through a serie of possible solutions, but at the and they asked me to send it in.

To morrow I send it to Dji repair. I will see if they use my DJI care, or repair it under warrenty.
2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Any crash?
2021-1-28
Use props
Jamie Lee0
lvl.1

Australia

I have same issue and the error is still on Fly app 1.2.4.   the 40011 error always been with me from the first turning on.
2021-2-1
Use props
djiuser_aWWLlkTTl6KJ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same issue on my mini 2
2021-2-4
Use props
rmk5
New
Flight distance : 647470 ft
Finland

I just today ended up with this gimbal calibration error code 40011 mini 2 , just in my 2nd attemp controller powered on then mini 2 but the during gimbal initializing first shows gimbal motor over powered then in 2nd attempt shows gimbal calibration error .  No crush just flown about al together 25 minutes . What to do ? I just got it yesterday ! Send email to customer care , chat serve closed , any advise folks
2021-2-13
Use props
djiuser_eIHTd0bfzQ32
New

Poland

Today my DJI Mini 2 came with the same error code 40011, no calibration possible, no camera moves allowed, live view works. There is no information over the Internet, that could give any propper solution, so service it is.
2021-2-13
Use props
ChrisPL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231368 ft
Poland

Hello everyone! I've the same problem today. I was flying about two weeks ago without any problems and now this the first message after connected with drone (Mini2).
2021-2-13
Use props
Ancoats
lvl.2

Australia

This issue is a disgrace for being ignored!
2021-2-14
Use props
tonymobile
lvl.3
Flight distance : 831699 ft
  • >>>
Italy

MagoSaGazzu Posted at 2020-12-6 10:31

This old and old procedure is still published!!! This procedure is a good palliative only for mini 1 and will not work for either mini 2 or air 2, which requires DJI service software (DJI REPAIR TOOL) with an active and functioning VPN, where only official DJI technical assistance centers have. So don't kill yourself looking for solutions, you want to understand that DJI defends its after-sales. No need to try with drone hacks and other software alternatives,  For the time being there are no solutions and DJI policies are clearly dictatorial. If you want freedom in repairs, assemble a drone with an open source software-based flight controller!!!

Tony - B2B DRONE ITALY
2021-3-8
Use props
Jefe-Part107
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165394 ft
United States

I had my Mini2 since January 2021 and now I have this error code too. Unfortunately for me I could not find any way to remove the error and I confirmed that the gimbal is not maintaining its attitude in yaw and bank moves. Basically the camera is shifting as I fly. I have a ticket open and awaiting instructions to return it for repair. :-(

DJI offered several things to try like removing the SD card and trying another phone. I switched from my iPhone to iPad and the issue still exists.
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_uTXjXQG9CISN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4534 ft
Philippines

The same issue here. It started yesterday. But I'm lucky I can still take pictures, videos and fly around.
Also the Assistant 2 for Mini 2 has no options to downgrade but only Log Export.

2021-3-22
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004350 ft
Germany

fans8ff1a051 Posted at 2020-11-9 14:12
I’m having the exact same issue. Perfectly new gimbal working fine but still reading an error message. Any one had any luck?

Same gimbal works perfect on mine. BUT THE ERROR DJI WHAT THE HECK
2021-3-31
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

fans8ff1a051 Posted at 2020-11-9 14:12
I’m having the exact same issue. Perfectly new gimbal working fine but still reading an error message. Any one had any luck?

My Mini 2 gives me this error even tho my gimbal WORKS with NO issues!
2021-4-1
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

djiuser_uTXjXQG9CISN Posted at 3-22 06:19
The same issue here. It started yesterday. But I'm lucky I can still take pictures, videos and fly around.
Also the Assistant 2 for Mini 2 has no options to downgrade but only Log Export.

Me too i only have logexport too for my mini 2...
2021-4-1
Use props
Sinkfish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4534 ft
Philippines

StefanDjiMini2 Posted at 4-1 05:19
Me too i only have logexport too for my mini 2...

Hoping they will put more options in the next updates.
2021-4-1
Use props
eMikey
lvl.1

United States

It's some flag onboard the drone.  It would be very easy for DJI to make it so that after running the calibration, it clears flag.   This way if there really is an issue with gimbal, it will come back.  And if the error was thrown because you started the drone with the gimbal cover on, it will clear.
2021-4-1
Use props
djiuser_C20YaaeBe6Mg
New

Brazil

Mattmann34 Posted at 2020-5-5 14:43

My gimbal starts to shake when I try to make a spiral quickshot, just this one, and it has error 40011. Did you manage to solve yours?
2021-4-21
Use props
aytacengin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 658937 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

I can fix it...

2021-6-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced