Battery life degrading
1731 13 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elektrobank
lvl.2

United States

When I first bought my Mavic Air I used to get nearly 18-20mins of flight time. Now I get about 10 mins. The app says my battery health is "good". Are my batteries just getting old and can't retain as much power or could there be something else wrong? My drone is about 1.5 years old.
Thanks
2020-4-13
Use props
modyblu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787497 ft
United States

Did you regularly drain battery to near 0% with each use, that would have major impact of battery life as it got older.
2020-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, you may check the Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines from the DJI official web, the battery maintenance notes may help you.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... idelines%20v1.0.pdf
2020-4-14
Use props
elektrobank
lvl.2

United States

modyblu Posted at 4-13 20:51
Did you regularly drain battery to near 0% with each use, that would have major impact of battery life as it got older.

I usually get it down to about 5-10%. Would that impact it negatively?
2020-4-14
Use props
elektrobank
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-14 04:27
Hi there, you may check the Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines from the DJI official web, the battery maintenance notes may help you.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic%20Air/Mavic%20Air%20Intelligent%20Flight%20Battery%20Safety%20Guidelines%20v1.0.pdf
[view_image]

Thanks. How do I know if my batteries are in bad health and I need to get replacements? The app says they're good
2020-4-14
Use props
modyblu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787497 ft
United States

elektrobank Posted at 4-14 06:23
I usually get it down to about 5-10%. Would that impact it negatively?

I wouldn't take it below 10% on regular basis.
You can read up on lithium ion batteries and their care.
From what I have read it's best to not let them fall below 20%
When I get low battery alarm on drone, I bring it in for landing right away.
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

elektrobank Posted at 4-14 06:24
Thanks. How do I know if my batteries are in bad health and I need to get replacements? The app says they're good

Hi elektrobank, if there is an issue with the drone/battery, there will be an error message prompt in your app to let you know what happened, please don't worry.
2020-4-16
Use props
elektrobank
lvl.2

United States

modyblu Posted at 4-14 18:09
I wouldn't take it below 10% on regular basis.
You can read up on lithium ion batteries and their care.
From what I have read it's best to not let them fall below 20%

I used to bring it in with at least 20% left, but now I get the low battery warning after like 7 mins of flight time, so I need to push it a bit more.
2020-4-16
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

elektrobank Posted at 4-14 06:24
Hi. When battery is on just press once the button and see the leds.
4 leds on, means battery healt very good
3 leds on, means battery health good enough
2 leds on, means battery health is near half life time
1 led on, means battery health bad (near end of it's life)

So with a battery in state of 3 leds on, just take advanced care and have an eye in remaining power during flight.

With 2 leds on, you have to fly near and low to prevent a drone emergency landing or even a crash caused by a sudden loss of power.

If it is in state of 1 led on, keep it just for use as a power bank for charging other devices and go buy a new one for your flights.

Hope this helps
2020-4-19
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

Monk32 Posted at 4-19 08:22
Hi. When battery is on just press once the button and see the leds.
4 leds on, means battery healt very good
3 leds on, means battery health good enough

Never heard of that. Not even in the manual
2020-4-20
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

Ulysses Posted at 4-20 14:42
Never heard of that. Not even in the manual

That's the magic. You have the opportunity to discover some things by yourself. As ancient Greeks use to say " i am getting older continuously learning".
2020-5-1
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

Monk32 Posted at 5-1 05:23
That's the magic. You have the opportunity to discover some things by yourself. As ancient Greeks use to say " i am getting older continuously learning".

You mean battery health of battery charge? As far as I know, it displays the charge, not the health.
2020-5-1
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

modyblu Posted at 4-13 20:51

yea, you are right.  I am using my Mavic air battery for more than 1.5 years. till it gives me 14 mins flight time.
2020-5-2
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

Ulysses Posted at 5-1 07:01
You mean battery health of battery charge? As far as I know, it displays the charge, not the health.
When the battery is on, pushing once the button you see leds light for a while. According to the number of leds lighting, you have the health condition. When the battery is off pushing the button you see the charge condition.
2020-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules