Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Card requires scan fix
834 1 2020-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msfox99
lvl.1

United States

Hi - When I have been recenlty flying my Spark, when I get home and try to copy footage from the card, I almost always get the message from Windows 10 that the card has errors and needs to be scanned/fixed.  I have tried scanning and not scanning, and I always am able to read the files, except for once, when a file was indeed corrupted.  

I am trying to read the card to my PC both via a USB cable connected directly to the Spark, and also placing the card in a USB card reader connected to the PC.  I use this card reader all of the time to copy photos my my DSLR and camcorder, never with any issues.

I have tried 2 cards, both have the same issue.  One is a Samsung EVO Plus 32 gb, one is a Samsung EVO Select 64 gb.

I hadn't used the Spark in a while, and I don't remember this happending before.  Also, I have tried formatting the cards in the Spark, but no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
2020-4-13
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

After working any removable media like Micro-SDs, you need to "eject" them before removing them from the computer! That's why your PC is complaining :-)
If you don't do that you risk damaging data on the card.
Let it do the scanning, and then eject the media. After re-inserting, there should be no message about that any more.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules