Phantom 3 Standard range decreased to a few feet
845 5 2020-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crinfarr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37559 ft
United States

So I've had this drone for 3 years now and it suddenly stopped working.  the app shows radio channel quality constantly blinking from red to green, but it never stabalizes enough to fly the drone more than 10 feet or so without losing image and signal quality.
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Crinfarr, please change to an open area and make sure there won't be much interference nearby. Besides, please make sure that the firmware has been updated to the latest version, try to relink the drone and controller. See if this helps.
2020-4-15
Use props
Crinfarr
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-15 03:54
Hi Crinfarr, please change to an open area and make sure there won't be much interference nearby. Besides, please make sure that the firmware has been updated to the latest version, try to relink the drone and controller. See if this helps.

I reflashed the firmware and re-paired the controller, I'm still getting the same error.  I'll try again in a new location tomorrow, but I'm starting to think it could be the hardware.
2020-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Crinfarr Posted at 4-16 20:40
I reflashed the firmware and re-paired the controller, I'm still getting the same error.  I'll try again in a new location tomorrow, but I'm starting to think it could be the hardware.

If it makes no changes, you may send in the drone for diagnosis. Please start a service case first https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav.
Please kindly understand that some product repairs and maintenance services have been suspended in North America due to government orders to cease business operations. Once it resumes operation, we will inform you.
2020-4-18
Use props
Crinfarr
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-18 18:21
If it makes no changes, you may send in the drone for diagnosis. Please start a service case first https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav.
Please kindly understand that some product repairs and maintenance services have been suspended in North America due to government orders to cease business operations. Once it resumes operation, we will inform you.

alright, I'll put in a request and see if I can fix anything before quarantine is lifted.  Thanks for the help thor!
2020-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Crinfarr Posted at 4-18 20:53
alright, I'll put in a request and see if I can fix anything before quarantine is lifted.  Thanks for the help thor!

Thank you for your understanding as well. Stay healthy.
2020-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules