646 9 2020-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky_Man367
lvl.3
Flight distance : 895751 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was flying my spark from my phone the other day and it just disconnected itself and landed on its own, almost in a tree.  Has this happened to anyone else before?  If so do you have a fix I could try?
2020-4-14
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187274 ft
Malaysia

It has happend to me last week but . The potential root cause i can conclude either used phone or remote is signal. I found that the signal was lost and the spark aircraft will initiate signal to return home due to signal was due to block by building or other obstacles. I bought some accesorries, it boost up my signal range up to 120 m.
20200412_193109.jpg
2020-4-14
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

As TechCreator already said, flying your Spark only via your phone is a bad idea. The achievable range heavily depends on the phone model used (on the Wifi module and software built in the phone, to be precise).
Just try it: how far can you walk away from your home Wifi router until you only have one bar left? Not far.

It is best to get yourself a remote. Far better flying range. Unfortunately, they are not in stock from DJI directly, but they can be had at the usual online shopping platforms. Remotes turn up even on Ebay occasionally.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Are there any obstacles blocked the signal? If you are flying the drone with the phone only, please fly in open areas and switch the mobile device to airplane mode while flying. If you have a controller, please try flying with the controller and see if there is any abnormality.
If the drone is disconnected when the Homepoint is nearby, it may land automatically, you may refer to the RTH procedure at the manual, you may try to adjust your position or restart the app and see if you can regain the control. RTH.png
2020-4-15
Use props
Sparky_Man367
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I was just flying from my phone but I ave a controller on the way!
Thank you for your help.
2020-4-15
Use props
Sparky_Man367
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Wolferl Posted at 4-15 00:06
Hi,

As TechCreator already said, flying your Spark only via your phone is a bad idea. The achievable range heavily depends on the phone model used (on the Wifi module and software built in the phone, to be precise).

Ok, I just purchased a remote so i will from now on only fly with it.

You say that there should be no obstructions like buildings?
any reason?
2020-4-15
Use props
Sparky_Man367
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

TechCreator Posted at 4-14 20:15
It has happend to me last week but . The potential root cause i can conclude either used phone or remote is signal. I found that the signal was lost and the spark aircraft will initiate signal to return home due to signal was due to block by building or other obstacles. I bought some accesorries, it boost up my signal range up to 120 m.

so buy range extenders?

how much are they?
2020-4-15
Use props
Sparky_Man367
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

should I keep my remote sticks up or pointed out?
2020-4-15
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Sparky_Man367 Posted at 4-15 07:58
should I keep my remote sticks up or pointed out?

Hi,

The antennas should both point up. It is in the manuals, and there are videos about that.
The antennas should be perpendicular to the Spark, NOT pointing to the Spark!

Regarding obstacle buildings: The frequencies used here (GHz range) behaves like light beams. Buildings, trees and stuff block reception when between remote and drone.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-4-16
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Not bad ... but you have to know that the antenna sector, which has been circling until then, will become radiant, and then you should always aim at the Spark with the remote control. Range is increasing, but also much more sensitive to direction!
2020-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules