Osmo 3 crashes with external microphone
875 3 2020-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Al63
New
Australia

Hello
I have a Saramonic external wireless mic which i use for video with my iPhone 11 Pro - works great without the gimbal - however when I try to use it with the Osmo 3, the Memo app either crashes within a second or two, or appears to record, however no video is stored. I would really like to be able to get this to work so any advice would be appreciated (I have tried deleting the app and re-installing, tried aeroplane mode, tried connecting mic both before and after app launched - still crashes)
Thanks in advance
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The external microphone cannot connect to the Osmo Mobile 3 directly. But there is no limitation of the software or hardware in the Osmo Mobile 3. So this function depends on the compatibility of your mobile phone and the microphone.
As you mentioned the DJI Mimo APP crashed when connecting to external mic, any chance to share us a short video and export the LOGs for further analysis? I will PM you how to export the logs.
2020-4-15
Use props
Al63
New
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-15 22:31
The external microphone cannot connect to the Osmo Mobile 3 directly. But there is no limitation of the software or hardware in the Osmo Mobile 3. So this function depends on the compatibility of your mobile phone and the microphone.
As you mentioned the DJI Mimo APP crashed when connecting to external mic, any chance to share us a short video and export the LOGs for further analysis? I will PM you how to export the logs.

Hi DJI Mindy
Thank you for your message. I have emailed the error log as requested - the email ticket number is 2700425.

I will do a video of the process and send as well.
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Al63 Posted at 4-15 23:57
Hi DJI Mindy
Thank you for your message. I have emailed the error log as requested - the email ticket number is 2700425.

Email has been received, you could attach the video here in Forum, then I will check and escalate, thank you. Please keep me updated.
2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules