Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Long range performance of DJI Fpv Remote controller issue
10703 15 2020-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans09964783
lvl.1

Turkey

I have many fpv quads with dji fpv system. 2.5" Micro , 3" CW , 5" FS , 7" LR. All runs with dji air unit. When i tried long range i notice RC controller scale way more weak than video signal    After 2.5km later whem i turn 360 in yaw RC goes down to 1/4 but video signal still 4/4. I guess the weakest point in this system is controller It's very bad. I don't want to switch crossfire again.
Is there any solution to solve this  ?
2020-4-15
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

That's strange, i fly with the DJI controller and my 7" long range quad's control link seems more robust that its video link.  Video goes red more often than control does.

I'd say check your MMCX antenna connections if you think it's really abnormal.
2020-4-15
Use props
fans09964783
lvl.1

Turkey

I have an antenna from VAS on my goggle's on the quad i have many options ( VAS minion  , AX II Long , Dji orijinal ) all of them are same.  
2020-4-16
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans09964783 Posted at 4-16 20:35
I have an antenna from VAS on my goggle's on the quad i have many options ( VAS minion  , AX II Long , Dji orijinal ) all of them are same.

You are not going to get longer range on the remote without somehow changing the antennas. I would not do this. You should run crossfire if you want to do long range.
2020-4-17
Use props
fans09964783
lvl.1

Turkey

Tom_A Posted at 4-17 20:15
You are not going to get longer range on the remote without somehow changing the antennas. I would not do this. You should run crossfire if you want to do long range.

Actually it looks like i have to but i like handling of dji remote over my Horus X10S

Probably new antennas on my goggles give more than default antennas on video signal , that means goggle has better reception than remote.

2020-4-17
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

I'm not sure why people say you should run crossfire if you want long range, I guess it depends on what you consider long range.  For me, the DJI controller has gotten me out past 3 miles no problem, which is further than I had ever flown out on Crossfire...although that's because my old crossfire rigs were analog and the video would go out before the control link.  If we're saying long range is more than 4 miles, then the DJI system would run up against it's fabled hard limit anyways.
2020-4-21
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Well, you cannot compare DJI with Crossfire. They use different frequencies (DJI is 5.8GHz, CF ~900MHz). For such distances crossfire is better IMHO.
Also, for long range, is better not to have RC signal and Video feed on the same frequency. In case you loose the video feed, you can still set GPS rescue mode with RC.

BTW, how did you install your antennas? Are they high enough from the frame? My guess is that, when you turn, they're somehow blocked by the battery pack or the frame. Also, DJI suggests to keep them separated by at least 4" (or as much as you can anyway).
2020-4-23
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

mc54 Posted at 4-21 09:50
I'm not sure why people say you should run crossfire if you want long range, I guess it depends on what you consider long range.  For me, the DJI controller has gotten me out past 3 miles no problem, which is further than I had ever flown out on Crossfire...although that's because my old crossfire rigs were analog and the video would go out before the control link.  If we're saying long range is more than 4 miles, then the DJI system would run up against it's fabled hard limit anyways.

Because CF is 900MHz and, in the unlucky event of a video loss, you only loose video and not video and RC signal together. This means you can still set GPS rescue manually. Not to mention that 900MHz is anyway better in terms of penetration.
2020-4-23
Use props
DJI FPV 5"
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue
2020-5-6
Use props
fans09964783
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI FPV 5" Posted at 5-6 13:13
I have the same issue

I switched the crossfire and it's over. When i lose the image link quality still over %90 in crossfire
2020-5-6
Use props
DJI FPV 5"
lvl.1

United States

fans09964783 Posted at 5-6 13:17
I switched the crossfire and it's over. When i lose the image link quality still over %90 in crossfire

How come in the videos they advertise over 2 miles with the stock antennas. I am planing to order another system if it does the same I will return this.  
2020-5-6
Use props
fans09964783
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI FPV 5" Posted at 5-6 13:24
How come in the videos they advertise over 2 miles with the stock antennas. I am planing to order another system if it does the same I will return this.

I achieved 4.5km with image transmission with crossfire tx and VAS Cyclops on goggles and Lumenier AXII long on quad without a problem.
2020-5-6
Use props
DJI FPV 5"
lvl.1

United States

fans09964783 Posted at 5-6 13:29
I achieved 4.5km with image transmission with crossfire tx and VAS Cyclops on goggles and Lumenier AXII long on quad without a problem.

Thats really cool, but I think if they show reaching 2 miles in every video that means my system is defected. Thanks for sharing.
2020-5-6
Use props
SunshynFF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30010 ft
United States

I achieved 4.5km with image transmission with crossfire tx and VAS Cyclops on goggles and Lumenier AXII long on quad without a problem.

Have you tried patch antennas on the goggles, yet?  As far as video, I've almost doubled my range to appx 2miles, but I fly around a lot of structures and bando's. I use two Triumph stubbys on top of goggles and two AXII patch on the bottom two, then I run two shorty VAS on my 5inch.  I gotta go way out, at least for me, before I even  start to get any pixelation.  I read the bottom , on goggles, are the  ones that send and receive, not sure if that's the case but I'm happy with set up.
2020-9-20
Use props
Ruhr
lvl.2

Germany

I flew out 8 km and then in the second run 10 km with the DJI Transmitter with stock antennas on it. 700mw on VTX Power.
4 km so many times, without any problem with the Transmitter. Get some good Antennas and save the money for XFire.
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_1j7FHMMcE0Ke
New

United States

mc54 Posted at 2020-4-21 09:50
I'm not sure why people say you should run crossfire if you want long range, I guess it depends on what you consider long range.  For me, the DJI controller has gotten me out past 3 miles no problem, which is further than I had ever flown out on Crossfire...although that's because my old crossfire rigs were analog and the video would go out before the control link.  If we're saying long range is more than 4 miles, then the DJI system would run up against it's fabled hard limit anyways.

Hi! I haven’t had the luck of reaching out to even 1 mile away. I upgraded my goggle antennas to the TrueRc’s and noticed an improvement but still nowhere close to a mile. I run the DJi Goggles, DJi Remote, and a Titan XL5HD 6s. What is your setup and what would you recommend in doing to increase range? I recently bought some LR Lumenier antennas and am going to see if that helps a bit more. Thank you in advance
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules