Don't know if this is still working ...
10463 47 2020-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VpXk6cGgzClu
lvl.1

New Zealand

I figured out a solution, I had to modify the adb_en script with some python trickery to force it to set the port for adb to 5555 and then also restart the service at the end of the script.
2021-11-24
Use props
DefenderVex
lvl.1

New Zealand

AlexSteiner Posted at 11-21 07:07
i download your hack and i root the s1 but when i restart it the sdk don't work

I've done a lot of tinkering on the issue since I've had the problem as well.
Here is a version of the patch I created that works for me at least.

Though word of warning, it's not by any means as clean as the original.

https://bitbucket.org/DefenderVex/robo-patch/
2021-11-25
Use props
AlexSteiner
lvl.1
Austria

I Solved, thx to everyone
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Tl1JMch6JGf1
New

Canada

AlexSteiner Posted at 12-21 01:59
I Solved, thx to everyone

Great to know that!
Well, I wonder whose method and what files you used for your final solution? And which firmware you are using during the hack? Thx~
2021-12-22
Use props
zjeffer
lvl.2

Belgium

I did the hack and afterwards I could connect once and execute commands, but after trying to connect again just a minute later, it lost its IP address for the RNDIS connection (the usb1 interface) and never regenerated it. Even after multiple reboots of the robot itself and the Jetson Nano I attached to it, it never works.

I noticed that when turning on the robot, it generates an IP address after the first startup sound, but loses it after the second startup sound. The second startup sound should indicate that it is hacked, but the hack seems to remove the RNDIS connection.
2022-2-23
Use props
zjeffer
lvl.2

Belgium

DefenderVex Posted at 2021-11-25 03:02
I've done a lot of tinkering on the issue since I've had the problem as well.
Here is a version of the patch I created that works for me at least.

After trying this hack, it does generate an IP address, I can run my connection test script once, but after that I get a timeout instead of connection refused:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src/connection_test2.py", line 6, in <module>
    cmd = rm.Commander(ip="192.168.42.2", timeout=TIMEOUT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/robomasterpy/client.py", line 187, in __init__
    resp = self._do('command')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/robomasterpy/client.py", line 217, in _do
    buf = self._conn.recv(DEFAULT_BUF_SIZE)
socket.timeout: timed out

Rebooting the Robomaster makes the script work once, but the next times I run it, it times out again.

2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_sEGNp3ach0e8
lvl.1

Czechia

zjeffer Posted at 2-23 07:12
After trying this hack, it does generate an IP address, I can run my connection test script once, but after that I get a timeout instead of connection refused:

Hi, I'm trying to hack the S1; I used your patch (the one on bitbucket), ran the python script, got an IP and then ran the install.bat script. The files got pushed, but the adb chmod 777 line failed, I stupidly ignored it and proceeded. After restarting the S1, I cant connect to the S1 a router or to the S1's wifi directly, so I'm kind of stuck. Is there a way to access the S1 without wifi (over the microusb for example) or to upload the stock firmware? Any help would be very much appreciated.
2022-12-2
Use props
roboGenius420
lvl.1

United States

BGA Posted at 2020-4-15 06:18
Anyway, if anyone wants to play with the SDK on the S1, after getting a root shell on the device you can simply do:

touch /data/SDK_ENABLE

How are you able to use the SDK after running the touch /data/SDK_ENABLE command? Can you run a python program on your laptop from a different directory? Or do you have to stay in root? Thank you in advance.
2023-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules