Airplane mode
483 4 2020-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_f0ZYPRtwpj5c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Old question I'm sure but I'm new to DJI . Split decisions to using a Mavic mini with airplane mode on selected on your phone . Is this recommended by DJI ? Many thanks
2020-4-15
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

I can't answer for dji but , it seems good practice to stop any notifications coming into your device. Just started the practice on my last flight.Yes I'd been lucky flying over mostly wooded areas neighboring mind.
2020-4-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The only problem in airplane mode I have is that the maps don't load (since they need internet connection).
That is with my Mavic Pro.
Other than that it works just fine.
One solution for that is to 'pre load' the maps before taking off, but I have never bothered.
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, you may refer to 3Recon &Montfrooij 's replies above. Thanks.
2020-4-16
Use props
Corger
lvl.4
United States

You should definitely use airplane mode to block notifications or calls.  Not only is it annoying, it can be dangerous.  Once I had a call come in and it stopped the Fly app and disconnected the FPV. I've been using airplane mode ever since.

If you need maps, you should cache them before you fly.  On iOS,, load the maps and satellite view where you will be flying, don't close the Maps app, go to settings and turn on airplane mode, then launch DJI Fly.  Works perfectly.

2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules