1532 15 2020-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nik1975
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6300833 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I have one question ... i have buy the ProRes Key what is inclouded also the ProRes RAW and the ProRes HQ RAW ?
2020-4-15
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It depends on the camera. X5S no, X7 yes. Even if the the license is tied to the Cinecore module by Adobe and not the camera... For well over a year ago a high DJI executive as well as DJI support here on the forum said that X5S users would get ProRes RAW, but so far no compatible firmware have been released...
2020-4-15
Use props
djiuser_0Hr4yGwHvHMS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11261506 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I have the X7 .....so normally it must work
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Apple ProRes RAW and the ProRes RAW HQ are only available for Zenmuse X7, and if you would like to use these formats, you must purchase CinemaDNG.
2020-4-15
Use props
djiuser_0Hr4yGwHvHMS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-15 23:22
Apple ProRes RAW and the ProRes RAW HQ are only available for Zenmuse X7, and if you would like to use these formats, you must purchase CinemaDNG.

It is somewhat misleading to sell a Prores license and not to point out that not everything is included in the license ..... if i buy Prores i like to have all .... or not?
2020-4-16
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Apple ProRes RAW and the ProRes RAW HQ are only available for Zenmuse X7, and if you would like to use these formats, you must purchase CinemaDNG.

Hi @DJI Mindy

How is it going with the ProRes RAW firmware for the X5S? 1,5 years ago you wrote the engineers where working on it? Was it just lies or what happened?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1653216
2020-4-16
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Apple ProRes RAW and the ProRes RAW HQ are only available for Zenmuse X7, and if you would like to use these formats, you must purchase CinemaDNG.

This is one of DJI's many ridiculous policies.
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_0Hr4yGwHvHMS Posted at 4-16 00:11
It is somewhat misleading to sell a Prores license and not to point out that not everything is included in the license ..... if i buy Prores i like to have all .... or not?

ProRes RAW video is the original RAW video material captured by the camera’s sensors, and it is preferred by users who use RAW material for retouching. Therefore we do not charge an additional fee for ProRes RAW usage and have bound ProRes RAW with the CinemaDNG.
2020-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 4-16 03:00
Hi @DJI Mindy

How is it going with the ProRes RAW firmware for the X5S? 1,5 years ago you wrote the engineers where working on it? Was it just lies or what happened?

Hi Rob, we are so sorry to keep you waiting, that was indeed a plan years ago, but based on the development degree and ability, we can not tell when and whether it will still come out. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ToscanaDrone Posted at 4-17 01:14
This is one of DJI's many ridiculous policies.

Please check my post in 8#, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2020-4-19
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-19 00:41
Please check my post in 8#, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I already read that, but it is not an answer to my questions to you. I do know that ProRes is not working for X5S.

1,5 years ago you wrote that the engineers where working on getting it to the X5S for a coming firmware. My questions to you where if it was all a lie, or if something else happened?

Are they still working on getting ProRes RAW to X5S? You know that Adobe connects the license to the CineCore, and not the cameras, right? Thus if you have paid the license it should not matter if you have a X5S or X7 camera attached.
2020-4-19
Use props
djiuser_0Hr4yGwHvHMS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

It's funny from one side also the online support give you wrong answer's..... great support dji.
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 4-19 20:44
I already read that, but it is not an answer to my questions to you. I do know that ProRes is not working for X5S.

1,5 years ago you wrote that the engineers where working on getting it to the X5S for a coming firmware. My questions to you where if it was all a lie, or if something else happened?

I have verified again with the development team, ProPres RAW will not be available for X5S due to various reasons, we are terribly sorry for keeping you waiting and letting you down, I hope I can do more. Hope for your forgiveness.
2020-4-27
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 04:01
I have verified again with the development team, ProPres RAW will not be available for X5S due to various reasons, we are terribly sorry for keeping you waiting and letting you down, I hope I can do more. Hope for your forgiveness.

Well, there is no technical hinder for the X5S and it sensor to not have ProRes RAW. So, it shows how little DJI cares about their customers. Promise high, deliver low or not at all, feeding lies, not supporting their professional products. The Inspire 2 does not yet even have basic features their lower end drones like the Mavic has. Unbelievable... I have invested a lot of money in DJI drones, sensors, lenses, extras - you name it I have it. I think this is it. After a decade I think I will abandon DJI and recommend all my colleagues and friends in the industry the same. When the support is so bad for their professional products - it leaves no hope. The Inspire 2 still wobbles in the air, promised features not delivered. It was a year and a half ago the latest firmware was released. It is still buggy. Shame on you, DJI!!
2020-4-27
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 04:01

I'd like to now the reasons why it is cancelled. It was, I think, the European DJI executive who said X5S would get ProRes RAW. As I've already written, the license according to Adobe is tied to the Cinecore module, NOT the camera. I have all licenses for the Cinecore - yet DJI let's some users get what they paid for, but not others!

Is the Inspire 2 totally abandoned now? As far as I know it is not End of Line, yet DJI treats it like it is.
Seems DJI have put away this thread so the users will not see it in searches anymore... Well, what does that say, DJI?
2020-4-30
Use props
flyingfun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I'm also very disappointed  .
To my knowledge it was nearly finished .
Is there any hope since clearly there is a firmware update from the remote today that we get this ?

Or is dji pushing his customers to buy the x7 camera ?
2020-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules