wired connection?!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LiranS
lvl.1

Israel

Hi,

got my unit connected to wirelss router but trying to control it from a desktop application, the PC is conencted to the wireless router using a cable
according to the desktop it should work it i am connected to "wired connection", no?

what is the role of "wired connection", please advise

Thanks
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi LiranS, could you please show us a screenshot of the error page or record a video for better assistance? We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-4-16
Use props
LiranS
lvl.1

Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-16 04:19
Hi LiranS, could you please show us a screenshot of the error page or record a video for better assistance? We'd like to help you check it. Thanks.

thanks for the fast feedback
there is no error page or similar, i am connecting to the robomaster using Router, at that page, at the bottom i have "wired connection" option, to my understanding this means that the controlling PC (desktop application) is connected to the router using a cable while the unit connects wirelessly
is that true?
connecting to the same unit with the same setup when both the robomaster and the controlling laptop connects wirelessly works just fine.

can you explain what the "wired connection" means? what is the physical setup then?

Thanks
2020-4-16
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
Brazil

LiranS Posted at 4-16 04:39
there is no error page or similar, i am connecting to the robomaster using Router, at that page, at the bottom i have "wired connection" option, to my understanding this means that the controlling PC (desktop application) is connected to the router using a cable while the unit connects wirelessly
is that true?

Yes, wired connection simply means "use the wired connection". But the Robomaster connected to WiFi has to be in the same network as the Desktop connected to an ethernet cable. If they are different networks (usually meaing have IPs in different ranges) than the desktop can not see the Robomaster and the connection will not work.
2020-4-16
Use props
LiranS
lvl.1

Israel

BGA Posted at 4-16 05:07
Yes, wired connection simply means "use the wired connection". But the Robomaster connected to WiFi has to be in the same network as the Desktop connected to an ethernet cable. If they are different networks (usually meaing have IPs in different ranges) than the desktop can not see the Robomaster and the connection will not work.

well this was my understanding but this doesn't work, i am using version 1.1.0 desktop app
and seems it only connects when the wireless adapter is connected otherwise it doesn't
2020-4-16
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
Brazil

LiranS Posted at 4-16 05:59
well this was my understanding but this doesn't work, i am using version 1.1.0 desktop app
and seems it only connects when the wireless adapter is connected otherwise it doesn't

Well, all I can say is that it work for me at home. Are you sure you:

1 - Selected Wired Network.
2 - Entered the correct SSID and password.
3 - Generated the QR code with that information.
4 - Read the generated QR code with the Robomaster.

If you did all that, I have no idea. But if you did not, then follow those steps.
2020-4-16
Use props
LiranS
lvl.1

Israel

BGA Posted at 4-16 06:21
Well, all I can say is that it work for me at home. Are you sure you:

1 - Selected Wired Network.

thanks for the reply and steps
i do exactly that but
- are you using desktop or laptop?
- if you are using laptop, did you disable your wireless adapter? it seems that if i use a laptop and the wireless adapter is connected to the same network then it work but if you disable it you get "not connected" at the network box and it doesn't matter if your laptop is connected with a direct cable to the router
2020-4-16
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
Brazil

LiranS Posted at 4-16 07:44
thanks for the reply and steps
i do exactly that but
- are you using desktop or laptop?

I use a desktop, but it does have a WiFi network card anyway. It is just not connected t any networks.
2020-4-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

LiranS Posted at 4-16 04:39
is that true?

Hi LiranS, please refer to BGA's advices above, if the issue still persists, you are recommended to contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thanks.
2020-4-17
Use props
LiranS
lvl.1

Israel

i suspect that the desktop application "wired connection" doesn't work (at least as expected) in computers without wireless connection of some sort, i suspect it always uses the wireless connection to connect but i will make a short video/screenshots for the configuration i am using and we'll take it from there.
2020-4-17
Use props
Simarills
lvl.1

New Zealand

LiranS Posted at 4-17 05:38
i suspect that the desktop application "wired connection" doesn't work (at least as expected) in computers without wireless connection of some sort, i suspect it always uses the wireless connection to connect but i will make a short video/screenshots for the configuration i am using and we'll take it from there.

This may or may not be the solution, I posted this in another thread:

"Note that I also had this wired 'not connected' issue with the latest apps, where the older versions worked fine.

In my particular case the issue was that my computer had multiple network ports and the app only checks the first one for connectivity, Disabling the additional network port and running the app again allowed it to see my router and generate a QR code."
2020-4-18
Use props
LiranS
lvl.1

Israel

Hi, quick update
i have tried what you mentioned and disabled any of the network adapters (virtual and physical ones) but the actual one connected to the router and....it works!
i am able to control the robomaster s1 from a desktop computer (no wireless at all), which is connected to a router using a cable
next thing is to see if this is true for multiple laptops (for a battle scenario) , will update

BTW - I do think this is a bug in the app and it should be fixed since multiple adapters are common in many laptops/desktops now
2020-4-20
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

It makes sense that the app may get confused as to what network interface on the PC to use if the PC is "mulit-homed".  Ideally it should choose the interface/IP that relates to the default gateway in the PC's routing table.  A PC should not have multiple default gateways on multiple active interfaces, otherwise the PC's network stack will get confused, regardless of the app.  It is also not a good idea to have multiple interfaces, such as wired and wireless, actively on the same LAN.   Windows used to have a big problem with that using netbios.  Because of the potential conflict between wired and wireless connecting to the same LAN, many laptops have drivers/apps that turn off WiFi when using wired Ethernet.

Looking at my PC, the only additional adapters showing up in IPConfig are my VMNet (VMWare) adapters but no gateways on those.

I suspect too that the app might not work if the PC's wired connection and the WiFi that the S1 is using are on different routed subnets.
2020-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules