32341 187 2020-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Alfred koh Posted at 4-29 07:48
Hi Dji Thor,

It reset back to factory setting. Will the firmware go back to the previous version? Or it will stay at the current?

Restoring factory settings will not reset the firmware, no worries.
2020-4-30
Use props
flyingsepp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191486 ft
Germany

I have the same error with my three air units.
I tried everything, factory reset, other sd card, but always the same error.
2020-4-30
Use props
mbarcus
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here with two air units. Swapped SD cards between them and with the goggles card, same error. I have Sandisk Nintendo SWITCH 128GB cards. Sandisk Extreme V30 128GB and Samsung EVO Select 64GB coming soon.
2020-4-30
Use props
MindRIderFPV
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-28 00:01
Hi, just to double confirm, the Slow SD card error doesn't appear when you start recording manually with the latest firmware, right?

Correct. I did not test more than two packs before rolling back.
2020-4-30
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-30 04:29
Restoring factory settings will not reset the firmware, no worries.

Hi Dji Thor,

I’ve tested the reset to factory setting and tested 6 packs of batteries.

3 out of 6 have the slow card or missing air unit logo entirely thing issue.
Wanna ask. Is the team working on the big fix soon? Or should I down grade to 004 first? Roughly when the next update will be in?
2020-5-1
Use props
fans0609bac5
New
Flight distance : 9242 ft

Japan

I'm having exact same issue.
I was using a Sumsang (some high speed U3 rated one), and had this issue. So I purchased a Sandisk Extreme V30 64GB (as recommended by DJI). But the issue remains.

I had 6 flights today, the best one lasts 2 minutes (around 800MB), others ranges from seconds to tens of seconds.

Really sad. I haven't had any crashes with this Air Unit, I think it's a firmware issue.
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_20NzSTitDp7F
lvl.3
Canada

I do not think these are card issues as both my quads have this issue after the upgrade to v5.

Like another posted indicated, the first flight records perfectly on both quads and then the second flight cuts out after ~1 minute. Subsequent flights afterwards do not record.

Happens on a freshly formatted SD card using the in goggle format menu.

Using the recommended SanDisk Extreme 64GB U3 A2 V30.
2020-5-2
Use props
mbarcus
lvl.1

United States

What air unit power setting is everyone using?
I just dropped mine from 1000mw to 700mw and got a full recording with no errors. Might be a random good one or maybe it's related.
2020-5-2
Use props
arnasnngmail.com
lvl.3

Lithuania

Got two new air units, last firmware, same issue with both. Tried 4 cards, all recommended. In my case it seems to happen when in air, after high-G maneuvers...
2020-5-2
Use props
mbarcus
lvl.1

United States

Flew 5 batteries today @700mw 4 out of 5 recorded ok. One didn't. No loops or rolls. Quit 6 seconds into flight.
All of mine that quit, do so in less than 15 seconds.
2020-5-2
Use props
AWDturboScott
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI Thor,

I wanted to chime in as well on the SD slow issue. I recently purchased the DJI FPV system and built a brand new quadcopter to install it into. I updated both the goggles and air unit to .500 firmware from the start. I have only had one or two flights out of the 15 or so flights I have flown over 4 days actually record the whole time. I did switch from auto record on take off to manual start recording and it did not make a difference. I was using the 64gb card on the DJI website that I ordered with the FPV system, but also tried using a faster Lexar professional 128gb UHS-II Class 10 V90 but still get the same issue after either about 1 minute or 2 minutes it will show up SD slow and stop recording on the air unit. I have noticed if I stop recording after the error while still flying and then start to record again it will usually last the rest of the flight, but occasionally it will still give me the SD slow error and still stop recording.

I will try to pull logs off of my air unit using DJI assistant 2, should I post them on here? or email them somewhere?

Thank you for your help in this matter DJI Thor!!
2020-5-4
Use props
Gurusi
lvl.2

Canada

Hi, I also have a new quadcopter, goggles, air unit (newest firmware) and the recommended sandisk 64gb in both the air unit and goggles (formatted via goggles). I had the SD slow on my second flight and since re-formatting again have started losing recordings mid flight via the air unit (just stop after about 900mb). I don't recall a SD Slow on the flights today, just midway recording upon review of the air unit afterwards...
2020-5-6
Use props
fansff115ed6
lvl.1

United States

Yea thats a crappy side of the air unit. I have the 32gb SD extreme U3 Pro does the same. with 64 even worse. Very annoying
2020-5-6
Use props
fansff115ed6
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-29 01:56
Thank you for your feedback. Please also try to restore the air unit to factory settings in the Goggles. Our engineers will optimize the issue.

I have the same Issue With DJI recommended SD card with take off recording or without 32 or 64 very annoying.  
2020-5-6
Use props
fansff115ed6
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-27 02:19
Hi, if it is convenient, please try either ways mentioned below and see if the issue persists.
1. Please manually stop recording after takeoff and start recording again.
2. Disable auto-recording after armed and start recording manually.

Manual recording works even worse after 1min it says slow and stops with auto it lasts at least 2 min. Also my system range is like 1/2 mile on 700mw. The channel icon in goggles gets red. If i cant figure out this I am giving up on DJI FPV and return it since I just got it.
2020-5-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi all, if you are encountering the same slow SD card issue, please try either method below:
1. Please restore the air unit to factory settings in the Goggles;
2. Please manually stop recording after takeoff and start recording again; disable auto-recording after armed and start recording manually.
The issue will also be optimized in the next firmware. Please keep an eye on the update. Thank you.
2020-5-6
Use props
AWDturboScott
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Downgrading the firmware has worked for me, I downgraded to .0300 because .0400 was not labeled as public, it was labeled as internal so I wasnt sure if something was wrong with that version. Now when I record it records the whole flight with no issues so it definitely seems like a firmware issue.
2020-5-7
Use props
arnasnngmail.com
lvl.3

Lithuania

Downgraded air unit and goggles to 4 version (from 5) and recordings are working perfectly, flew 6 packs in a row without any problems at all. With latest (5) I can't fly two batteries in a row without 'slow card'.
I am using recommended fast sd card.
2020-5-7
Use props
mbarcus
lvl.1

United States

DJIThor,
Can you clarify what you mean in Method 2.?
How do you manually stop recording after takeoff and start recording again?
2020-5-7
Use props
SzczechzCzech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 708661 ft
Czechia

Alfred koh Posted at 4-22 04:59
HI DjI Thor,

Thanks for the info.

Getting the same on V30 Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB - this one outperforms suggested card in write mode so definitely not slow. Formatted in the air unit. Even if I start recording manually, the recording would stop mid air. When it stops (as perhaps overheating prevention kicks in) I dont see the latency increasing/decreasing so maybe that's not it. It does not happen on every flight though.
2020-5-7
Use props
arnasnngmail.com
lvl.3

Lithuania

last version (5) it just fails to record properly, multiple air units, multiple cards, differently formatted, via pc via air unit... Nothing works... Downgraded to (4) and it works almost perfectly, so far with many flights got only 1 slow card error on 4 version.
Option to somehow choose air unit sensitivity to this, or disable slow card checks altogether would be nice !
2020-5-8
Use props
AWDturboScott
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

mbarcus Posted at 5-7 11:39
DJIThor,
Can you clarify what you mean in Method 2.?
How do you manually stop recording after takeoff and start recording again?

mbarcus, there is an option (in the latest firmware .0500) to set it from record on take off to manual record so you have to hit the button on the goggles to start and stop recording.
2020-5-8
Use props
gekkonaut
lvl.1
United States

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.. i was starting to get nervous.

I've tried 4 different sdcards in 2 air units. 2 of those sdcards are fine in a go pro hero 8 recording at 4k, so the sdcards cannot be the problem.

I've tied reformatting the sdcards in the air units multiple times, as well as air unit resets. Nothing works -- still SLOW SD 90% of the time.

It sounds like the fix for now is to go back to 004 and wait for 006 which will hopefully address this.

I am surprised DJI did not pick this up in their own testing -- it seems extremely reproducible.
2020-5-13
Use props
djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH
lvl.1

United States

3 air units dvr not recording after last update ,
all worked before last update.
Goggles record normal.
Sd cards appear in display ok but only goggles show recording.
Record on arm off or on , no change. DVR air unit not recording.
Recording settings shows air unit format sd card dark not listed like goggles sd card.
Format sd card with goggles , confirms ad card fomated.
No change will not recognize formatted card.
Please advise
2020-5-16
Use props
gekkonaut
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH Posted at 5-16 12:54
Goggles record normal.

I just confirmed going back to v01.00.04.00 fixes it for me 100% of the time. not a single failure in days.

v01.00.05.00 is completely unusable as I haven't found a way to avoid SLOW SD on any of my drones or sdcards.  For me, at least, this version of the firmware simply can't record anything in the air unit even with the best sdcards.

So I'll wait for v01.00.06.00 and hopefully it's addressed there..
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH Posted at 5-16 12:54
Goggles record normal.

Reset to factory setting, then power cycled goggles and air unit. Then restore settings i use and that fixed all 3 air units. Now recording properly.
2020-5-16
Use props
SzczechzCzech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 708661 ft
Czechia

djiuser_JFtTRhgPDlLH Posted at 5-16 14:27
Reset to factory setting, then power cycled goggles and air unit. Then restore settings i use and that fixed all 3 air units. Now recording properly.

My tests show the following:
- on .400 after factory reset, the recording on air unit is 100% reliable
- on .500 after factory reset, with manual recording starting after taking off, the recording stops mid flight. Either with high G maneuvers or not. I think there could be a correlation to higher power setting but I have not been able to reproduce yet.

2020-5-18
Use props
Tomasimo
lvl.3

Lithuania

SzczechzCzech Posted at 5-18 22:52
My tests show the following:
- on .400 after factory reset, the recording on air unit is 100% reliable
- on .500 after factory reset, with manual recording starting after taking off, the recording stops mid flight. Either with high G maneuvers or not. I think there could be a correlation to higher power setting but I have not been able to reproduce yet.

Thanks for testing, I really want that .5, because of constant beeping goggles with battery warnings on .4... But .5 doesn't record at all.
2020-5-19
Use props
chiffeee
lvl.2

United States

I like to add to this problem, I have been reading this forum and tried everything and still same problem, slow SD card, this is happening with new upgrade and happens when there is a hard move with the quad.
All my 4 air unites are doing it, I hope DJI comes out with a solution fast.
2020-5-26
Use props
Wiruz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300548 ft
Sweden

I have the same issue 2 different air units  and 4 different SD cards! When will you fix this issue? Im done purchasing SD cards just to find out that message "No SD card" or "SD card to slow"

To start with This is joke when it comes to the spec of the cards!!! I mean its not a 4K camera so its obviously something very wrong when we need to use Extreme SD cards and even with these cards it doesn't work! I'm pretty Pis...ed !

Also its not our job to find a solution on this!

Also can DJI explain why we need those extreeme speed SD cards when its such a ...ty grainy 1080P video? I would really really like to know!
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_juMOT4tmoQtZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31880 ft
Brazil

Same problem here, tried resetting, formatting, nothing solves it, I am using a recommended card
2020-5-29
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Wiruz Posted at 5-29 14:19
I have the same issue 2 different air units  and 4 different SD cards! When will you fix this issue? Im done purchasing SD cards just to find out that message "No SD card" or "SD card to slow"

To start with This is joke when it comes to the spec of the cards!!! I mean its not a 4K camera so its obviously something very wrong when we need to use Extreme SD cards and even with these cards it doesn't work! I'm pretty Pis...ed !

It's not like they don't actually know that many people are having these issues . DJI really needs some good competition .
2020-5-31
Use props
McDaniel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263737 ft
Switzerland

Same here...
2020-6-1
Use props
dr_jon3s
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Same problem here.
2020-6-1
Use props
Tomasimo
lvl.3

Lithuania

Same here...
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_Bfvm38mRICHe
New

United States

Same problem here also.  Almost ran out to buy a new sd card but came across this first.  Hope they fix it soon...
2020-6-3
Use props
jedhassell
lvl.1

United States

Also having the same problem.  I am not experiencing this problem in 720p mode but in 720p, I have no sound... I really need sound for what I'm doing.  
2020-6-4
Use props
jedhassell
lvl.1

United States

What are the tradeoffs of downgrading to .400?  
2020-6-4
Use props
to the moon
lvl.1

Netherlands

I also had this problem two days ago with a brand new air unit & goggles running 0400 firmware actually... SD card is the sandisk extreme 64GB with all the required specs. Weirdest part is that it stopped the recording on both my air unit and in the goggle while only 1 of them had the issue... Why would that be?
2020-6-16
Use props
jedhassell
lvl.1

United States

Did a warranty replacement with DJI... New air unit has exact same issue... There goes 2 months of flying for nothing.
2020-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules