Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AIR UNIT SD Card slow
32255 187 2020-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gekkonaut
lvl.1
United States

Still fighting with this on a daily basis.  My only solution has been to downgrade to 004.  Might as well only buy caddx vista if we can't use the onboard DVR on air units anyway.
2020-11-27
Use props
piospark
lvl.1
Poland

DJI could you please describe the Temp Control [ON/OFF] parameter function?
2020-12-13
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

Alfred koh Posted at 2020-4-24 20:11
Yes. I got the same exact issue. Sometime it will show slow card. Sometime it doesn't even show the airunit logo anymore. It just left the goggle recording logo. It's weird.

Day 1: I got 8 packs all same slow card issue.

i know this is a older post i just want to chime in on this since this is;t fixed at all.. for the fun of it i tested a 2GB Class 4 card (its like 6 years old, used in a old Android phone) ... i didn't even bother to format it .. and guess what ... exactly the same results, when it works it just works even with a seriously slow card.

and then it just randomly stops working.

so this issue is clearly not a SD Card issue at all.
2021-1-8
Use props
p0lohav0c
New

United States

Hey Everyone -

Was the SD Card Slow issue ever resolved?
2021-1-12
Use props
p0lohav0c
New

United States

Hey Everyone -

Was the SD Card Slow issue ever resolved?

2021-1-12
Use props
fans07d49379
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Denmark

Having the same issue. SD-card and airunit worked perfectly the first 5-7 flight sessions, and then BAM, SD card error all the time. Myst be a hardware/firmware issue, so Dji PLEASE FIX!!!
2021-2-2
Use props
f.wing
lvl.1

Germany

Fighting with this issue for ages now. No really solution from DJI.
Only "you could try this ... and that ... maybe
I'm really upset meanwhile, last firmware update was quite a long time ago, maybe someone should look into it finally.
2021-2-28
Use props
palia95
lvl.1

Italy

Hi, after a month of DJI air unit, I'm facing the slow SD card error on the air unit, even with different cards formatted from the DJI system, even manually starting the recording and even a 25 Mbps.

It happens between 60 to 70% of my flights. I don't know what to do, I'm very disappointed.

After some investigation, I think this is almost related to heating issues, cause it's the only ambient parameter that has really changed in over one month of use. When I received it, temperature here was between zero and 5°C, now spring it's arriving and temperature is around 15°C. This summer I think the system will never work...

Any suggestion?
2021-3-2
Use props
EngelQuad
New

United States

Hey DJI - I know you've been busy with your new Quad and V2 Goggles, but how about fixing this issue for all of the people who dropped some serious coin on v1? Like all these other people I get random SD Card Slow messages on a card that has no issues recording at the highest rates in other cameras. This is a you problem - please make it right!!
2021-4-18
Use props
Chillax
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2020-5-6 18:49
Hi all, if you are encountering the same slow SD card issue, please try either method below:
1. Please restore the air unit to factory settings in the Goggles;
2. Please manually stop recording after takeoff and start recording again; disable auto-recording after armed and start recording manually.

Hi DJI Thor, I am having this issue on the latest Firmware (1.0.6). I tried your suggestions an I've tried  SanDisk Extreme, Extreme Pro and Samsung EVO cards. The "SD Card slow" usually appears after 15 seconds of flight (70% of the time). Can you ask the developers if they are working on firmware version 1.0.7 and if they could solve this issue?
2021-5-11
Use props
djiuser_cnWnENAovxVj
New
Flight distance : 29951 ft
United States

I get same error     then start recording again mid flight using dji remote or goggles   last a cpl seconds then same issue
I also get a low power mode sometimes which shouldnt happen      i use sandisk extreme pro    (super fast sd card)
2021-5-13
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Hi all, if you are encountering the same slow SD card issue, please try either method below:
2. Please manually stop recording after takeoff and start recording again; disable auto-recording after armed and start recording manually.

Thank you Thor,
I also noticed that if you start the registration at tekeoff that message appears, but then everything works normally.
If, on the other hand, you start the recording manually, there is no problem.

In any case, thanks for the update you will make.

Raf
2021-5-14
Use props
metamarc
New
Flight distance : 130951 ft
United States

This issue persists through the latest(v01.00.06) firmware released recently. Anyone considering the DJI FPV system should look elsewhere considering how prolific this issue is.

I decided to experiment with various SD cards in my goggles and AU so I put an SD Ultra Plus(unsupported) in my goggles and tried 2 different SD Extreme Plus V30 in my AU. Unsurprisingly the SLOW SD error persisted on the AU but the goggles recorded all 12 packs.

Waiting for a fix that will never come.
2021-5-17
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

metamarc Posted at 5-17 04:15
This issue persists through the latest(v01.00.06) firmware released recently. Anyone considering the DJI FPV system should look elsewhere considering how prolific this issue is.

I decided to experiment with various SD cards in my goggles and AU so I put an SD Ultra Plus(unsupported) in my goggles and tried 2 different SD Extreme Plus V30 in my AU. Unsurprisingly the SLOW SD error persisted on the AU but the goggles recorded all 12 packs.

yeah we will never get a fix for this, i stopped hoping for one a long time ago and moved all my quads on to vista units
2021-5-17
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Air unit has been discontinued and it's very unlikely that a fix will be released.
2021-5-21
Use props
spikestabber
lvl.2
Canada

I haven't tested yet but on one of my quads I only get this annoying error consistently whenever using 1200mW outputs. Is it possible that unshielded wires going to the air unit could be vulnerable to RFI from the antennas so nearby? EDIT: Bought more foil tape so I can shield all serial/power going into it.
2021-5-27
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

be interested to see if the new caddx air units still suffer from this problem, has anyone tried them yet? they look identical other than the caddx camera used so im guessing they are identical and will suffer from the identical problem
2021-5-28
Use props
Bill1675
New
United States

Bezik Posted at 5-28 10:05
be interested to see if the new caddx air units still suffer from this problem, has anyone tried them yet? they look identical other than the caddx camera used so im guessing they are identical and will suffer from the identical problem

Can confirm still a problem. My Caddx air unit just started doing it today. First 10 packs and it recorded fine. Then today started getting the SD card slow after about 3 min.
2021-6-24
Use props
adp88
lvl.1

United States

This is really upsetting. I just purchased a DJI fpv Combo kit with the new Caddx air units and only reason I went DJI was b/c of the ability to record on the air unit and when I did a search on SD card size this thread popped up.

I sent an email to DJI support, doubtful they will fix it and now I'm considering returning the unit and going in a different direction for this project.

Has anyone found any way to mitigate this with the existing firmware through different options and settings?
2021-7-4
Use props
SN47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457021 ft
France

Same issue, as everyone.
I dream a day when a competitor brand will release the equivalent of DJI products, to be able to forget about them forever.
I tried their drones, gimbals and now Air Unit and FPV Goggles, always the same : numerous software bugs, silent customer service, level 0 of service ...
I cannot understand how such a catastrophic brand managed to grow so much ...
2021-7-17
Use props
djiuser_ANsyF54PE2K6
New

Switzerland

Have the same issue with the sd slow error for over a year now. Dissapointing that they never fixed it.
2021-7-22
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

this will NEVER be fixed, ive moved all my quads to vista units and just use a gopro for video
2021-7-23
Use props
adp88
lvl.1

United States

if anyone has logs they would be willing to share please send them to DJI as they have requested the logs for this error.

In the Subject put "Attention Becky"

support.us@dji.com

Thanks
2021-7-29
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Joshua Bardwell and Blunty did a piece on the new upcoming firmware and it claims to fix the issue, blunty said he was yet to have it happen since updating to the beta firmware, might be what we have all been waiting for!!
2021-8-4
Use props
Joba11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Quizas este

2021-8-26
Use props
The Upper Tech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 636004 ft
United States

Bezik Posted at 2020-9-18 04:55
Can people who are having SD card slow problems post what FC and ESC they are using

Newbeedrone Infinity 200 stack (DJI specific fc)
50V 1000uf cap
50 mbps
1.2W
2022-5-16
Use props
C141-Retired
lvl.1

United States

AS OF NOV 9, 2022 THE AIR UNIT "SD CARD SLOW" (error) REMAINS A COMMON IRRITANT/MALFUNCTION OF THE DJI AIR UNIT.  IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED BY THE "NEXT FIRMWARE"
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_p2GVm7Ggpyoz
lvl.2
United States

7/13/2023 Air Units still exist and so does this bug.  Thanks DJI!
2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules