32321 187 2020-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi Guys!
Need help.
I'm having an issue on SLOW SD CARD on Air unit. I'm using Sandisk Extreme PRO 64GB.
I did a format in the airunit but still having the SD CARD SLOW every single flight.
I'm running 700mw.
I saw the recommended Sandisk is extreme (without pro). Should I upgrade the SD?
I have this experience where expensive camera (Black Magic Cinema Camera 4K will only take recommenced SSD (Slow). And somehow the fast SSD it doesn't work well on the camera. I'm thinking it might be the same issue here?

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 3.19.55 PM.png IMG_0724 copy.jpg

2020-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi all, if you are encountering the same slow SD card issue, please try either method below:
1. Please restore the air unit to factory settings in the Goggles;
2. Please manually stop recording after takeoff and start recording again; disable auto-recording after armed and start recording manually.
The issue will also be optimized in the next firmware. Please keep an eye on the update. Thank you.
2020-5-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Alfred, did you have another SD card to try on? As you had tried formatting the SD card in the air unit but the issue persists, you are recommended trying a different card. Would be better if you have one that is listed on the supported SD card list to isolate the problem.
2020-4-17
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

Test your card speed with crystal Disk Mark. Your card may be fake. In fact it looks a little bit suspicious from your photo. Normally the text on the SanDisk is sharper.
2020-4-17
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-17 01:06
Hi Alfred, did you have another SD card to try on? As you had tried formatting the SD card in the air unit but the issue persists, you are recommended trying a different card. Would be better if you have one that is listed on the supported SD card list to isolate the problem.

I tried with another card. Same issue.
I’m getting the recommended sd card. Will arrive on next Tuesday. Will update if it solve the issue. Thanks.
2020-4-17
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hacky4 Posted at 4-17 01:26
Test your card speed with crystal Disk Mark. Your card may be fake. In fact it looks a little bit suspicious from your photo. Normally the text on the SanDisk is sharper.

Bought it from official Sandisk online store. But will test it anyway. Will update the result.
2020-4-17
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi Alfred, did you have another SD card to try on? As you had tried formatting the SD card in the air unit but the issue persists, you are recommended trying a different card. Would be better if you have one that is listed on the supported SD card list to isolate the problem.

I tested with this card. Formatted on airunit. Same issue. But I noticed this is not the Extreme V30 version. I'm going to test again on a new extreme V30 next week. Will update again.

But I'm curious, will it be the new firmware issue?
2020-4-17
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi Alfred, did you have another SD card to try on? As you had tried formatting the SD card in the air unit but the issue persists, you are recommended trying a different card. Would be better if you have one that is listed on the supported SD card list to isolate the problem.

Hi DJI Thor,

I tested the Extreme Pro sd card without flying. Just record until it goes into low power mode (Overheat). So the SD record without any issue when it is not flying.
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alfred koh Posted at 4-17 04:38
Hi DJI Thor,

I tested the Extreme Pro sd card without flying. Just record until it goes into low power mode (Overheat). So the SD record without any issue when it is not flying.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to check it from my side, but can't assure that it can be reproduced, if it is convenient, please provide the firmware info of your setup. Please keep us updated when you get the new SD card.
2020-4-17
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-17 05:11
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to check it from my side. but can't assure that it can be reproduced, if it is convenient, please provide the firmware info of your setup. Please keep us updated when you get the new SD card.

HI DJI Thor,

All are in v01.00.05.00
Updated few days back.
2020-4-17
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Try formatting the SD card in your Air Unit.  SD card issues are scary. Can lead to a lock up and crash.  I would definitely not fly with an SD card in the Air Unit until you get this worked out.
2020-4-17
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-17 05:11
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to check it from my side. but can't assure that it can be reproduced, if it is convenient, please provide the firmware info of your setup. Please keep us updated when you get the new SD card.

HI Dji Thor,
I have checked the cyrstalDisk Mark score.
THe read and write speed looks ok to me.
2020-4-17
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

mc54 Posted at 4-17 07:29
Try formatting the SD card in your Air Unit.  SD card issues are scary. Can lead to a lock up and crash.  I would definitely not fly with an SD card in the Air Unit until you get this worked out.

HI MC54.
Thanks for the info man.
I tried formatting it on the Air unit. No luck.
I tried formatting on pc (exfat) then format again on the Air unit. No luck.

So far I got about 6 out of 6 flights today having the slow card issue. But it doesn't freeze my goggle feed. Should I be worried if I keep a flight with the slow card in air unit?
2020-4-17
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hacky4 Posted at 4-17 01:26
Test your card speed with crystal Disk Mark. Your card may be fake. In fact it looks a little bit suspicious from your photo. Normally the text on the SanDisk is sharper.

HI Hacky4,

I've tested the sd card with crystaldiskmark.
THe reading looks alright to me. What do you think?
2020-4-17
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

I had a random  lock up following a slow SD card error.  I formatted the card and it has been good since.  For anyone who just did the update, I'd suggest doing a card format, as well.
2020-4-17
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

mc54 Posted at 4-17 07:57
I had a random  lock up following a slow SD card error.  I formatted the card and it has been good since.  For anyone who just did the update, I'd suggest doing a card format, as well.

Hi bro.
I formatted on air unit for 3 times and 3 flights. Same issue.
2020-4-17
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

Assuming you have tested your SD cards speed and it checks out, then I am stumped.  

From DJI's site, the recommended SD cards are

"Sandisk Extreme microSD cards, up to 128G, V30, R/W speed up to UHS-I speed grade 3."

Either you got a bad card or a bad unit I guess.

20200417_105853.jpg
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alfred koh Posted at 4-17 07:39
HI Dji Thor,

Or if you have a different air unit, you can test it with the same SD card. Please also try to turn off the power limit.
2020-4-19
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

I've had both goggles and two Air Units show either "No SD" or "Slow SD" for about 10 different genuine Sandisk Extreme 32-64GB cards ranging from brand new to a maybe a year old. Using the same cards in my GoPro with 100MBps 4k60 recording and they work fine. Pretty sure at this point it's some obscure firmware bug. It seems to happen more often when recording AV-in and I often find my DVR recorded nothing but static or hasn't saved a file, or saved a file that no video player will open. Sometimes just re-inserting the card works, sometimes rebooting does, and sometimes nothing helps. Completely random.
2020-4-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alfred koh Posted at 4-17 07:39
HI Dji Thor,

Hi Alfred, please help to export the log on the air unit via DJI Assistant 2 for further confirmation. Look forward to hearing back from you.
2020-4-21
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-21 18:51
Hi Alfred, please help to export the log on the air unit via DJI Assistant 2 for further confirmation. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi DJI Thor,

I tried to save the log but keep getting the error.

By the way, I've done some test flight (12 packs). I did not get any slow card at all. Did not do anything to it. Just flew and record. It's weird. But I'll do more packs and will update in the future.
As for the log. Could you assist me how to get the log save?
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alfred koh Posted at 4-21 19:15
Hi DJI Thor,

I tried to save the log but keep getting the error. [view_image]

Thank you for your update.
You may try to disconnect the unit and restart the DJI Assistant 2 and export it again.
Actually we have just received the log from another user with similar issue, will analyze it first. Any update about the issue, I will let you know.
2020-4-22
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-22 01:26
You may try to disconnect the unit and restart the DJI Assistant 2 and export it again.
Actually we have just received the log from another user with similar issue, will analyze it first. Any update about the issue, I will let you know.

HI DjI Thor,

Thanks for the info.
I've checked back the airunit videos. I noticed 1 out of 12 videos that I shoot yesterday is stop mid air. So I think the issue still there. I got the recommended SD this afternoon. Will do another test tomorrow.
2020-4-22
Use props
Fritz Wlan
lvl.2

Germany

Dear DJI Support,

I am also experiencing the SD card slow issue in the Air unit since the latest update. I am using a Sandisk extreme 64 GB U3 A2 V30. Changing to another card does not help. I tried reinstalling the FW to the air-unit, formatting the cards on windows with the official SD-Card application or in the Air-Unit. Nothing helps. The error occurs sporadically about every 3rd flight after 20-30s of flight time. I have no issue with the SD Card in the goggles.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqLnXyWYA2B72GkHSvg7wxRIOqEM?e=6762ve

Thanks in advance
2020-4-23
Use props
fans65021420
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44997 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fichek Posted at 4-20 15:38
I've had both goggles and two Air Units show either "No SD" or "Slow SD" for about 10 different genuine Sandisk Extreme 32-64GB cards ranging from brand new to a maybe a year old. Using the same cards in my GoPro with 100MBps 4k60 recording and they work fine. Pretty sure at this point it's some obscure firmware bug. It seems to happen more often when recording AV-in and I often find my DVR recorded nothing but static or hasn't saved a file, or saved a file that no video player will open. Sometimes just re-inserting the card works, sometimes rebooting does, and sometimes nothing helps. Completely random.

I have the same. The first flight it records. The second it stops midflight en doesnt see the card anymore. Very strange. I have the latest firmware
2020-4-24
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

fans65021420 Posted at 4-24 11:12
I have the same. The first flight it records. The second it stops midflight en doesnt see the card anymore. Very strange. I have the latest firmware

Yes. I got the same exact issue. Sometime it will show slow card. Sometime it doesn't even show the airunit logo anymore. It just left the goggle recording logo. It's weird.

Day 1: I got 8 packs all same slow card issue.
Day 3: I got 11 packs no issue at all. 1 with airunit logo missing mid air.
Day 4: 2 flight with slow card. and 2 flights good.

Very very weird.
2020-4-24
Use props
fans7901d730
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191601 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi
i have exactly the same error !!  but only since the V05000 update!  tried 3 different V30 SD cards, always the same error !!  PLEASE fix the error quickly!
2020-4-26
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-22 01:26

Hi DJI Thor,  received the Recommended Sd card. The problem still persist. Please advise.  Thanks.
2020-4-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alfred koh Posted at 4-26 06:28
Hi DJI Thor,  received the Recommended Sd card. The problem still persist. Please advise.  Thanks.

Sorry for the issue, I haven't received updates news about this matter from our engineers. Am urging them for the feedback, once I received information from them, I will keep you updated.
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alfred koh Posted at 4-26 06:28

Hi, if it is convenient, please try either ways mentioned below and see if the issue persists.
1. Please manually stop recording after takeoff and start recording again.
2. Disable auto-recording after armed and start recording manually.
Please keep us updated after testing it. Appreciate your cooperation.
2020-4-27
Use props
MindRIderFPV
lvl.2

United States

Same issue here, After the last update the AU was stopping recording on AUTO after 55" sharp, on a new ^$ GB SanDIsk EP sd card, formatted in the AU. Manual recording works fine.
Rolled back to the previous FW update and the problem disappeared. Getting an occasional SLOW SD when the card is mostly full.
Now using a SDEP 32 GB so far so good, still on the previous FW.
2020-4-27
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans65021420 Posted at 4-24 11:12

Same issue here started after last firmware.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_AQNpSFwqKrs0
New

Canada

Same issue as everyone else, records some times, says slow other times, sometimes it will record for a minute or so then just stop mid flight.  Did everything that has been suggested here and still having the issue.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_3wugiNxNqa9C
lvl.1

Romania

Same issue as everyone else here.  After latest 005 firmware, a card I had been using in various AirUnits (I have 9 of them) suddenly got SD Card Slow and didn't record more than a few seconds.  Before arming, it was showing 63 minutes of recording space left.  It literally had probably 200 flights recorded on it, some short snippets as I was doing flip over after crash, but most 200 to 1GB recordings.  Considering this card has never had an issue before, I know its not a fake card.

Its a SanDisk Extreme, 128GB, A2, V30.

I reformatted the card (quick format) so it was completely clean and tried again...still failed.

Until frimware 5, I never had issues.
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MindRIderFPV Posted at 4-27 11:05
Same issue here, After the last update the AU was stopping recording on AUTO after 55" sharp, on a new ^$ GB SanDIsk EP sd card, formatted in the AU. Manual recording works fine.
Rolled back to the previous FW update and the problem disappeared. Getting an occasional SLOW SD when the card is mostly full.
Now using a SDEP 32 GB so far so good, still on the previous FW.

Hi, just to double confirm, the Slow SD card error doesn't appear when you start recording manually with the latest firmware, right?
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_AQNpSFwqKrs0 Posted at 4-27 17:50
Same issue as everyone else, records some times, says slow other times, sometimes it will record for a minute or so then just stop mid flight.  Did everything that has been suggested here and still having the issue.

Hi there, may I know if you are having the latest firmware on your setup? Please kindly double confirm if you had tried the solutions provided at 33#. If you haven't tried that out, please kindly test it out and keep us updated on the result.
Please let me know if you had already tried it but the issue persists. If it is convenient, please connect your system to the DJI Assistant 2 and export the log, upload to Dropbox, and provide the link to me. I appreciate your assistance.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_3wugiNxNqa9C Posted at 4-27 23:32
Same issue as everyone else here.  After latest 005 firmware, a card I had been using in various AirUnits (I have 9 of them) suddenly got SD Card Slow and didn't record more than a few seconds.  Before arming, it was showing 63 minutes of recording space left.  It literally had probably 200 flights recorded on it, some short snippets as I was doing flip over after crash, but most 200 to 1GB recordings.  Considering this card has never had an issue before, I know its not a fake card.

Its a SanDisk Extreme, 128GB, A2, V30.

Hi there, could you please try out the solution mentioned on 33# and keep us updated on the result? Thank you.
2020-4-28
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-28 00:05
Hi there, could you please try out the solution mentioned on 33# and keep us updated on the result? Thank you.

Hi Dji Thor,

I did 4 flight today. With the off record when arm. Then press Record button to start manual record.

1 out 4 flight have slow card issue.
2020-4-28
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

This is interesting... looks like that manual recording is improving things..
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alfred koh Posted at 4-28 00:36
Hi Dji Thor,

I did 4 flight today. With the off record when arm. Then press Record button to start manual record.

Thank you for your feedback. Please also try to restore the air unit to factory settings in the Goggles. Our engineers will optimize the issue.
2020-4-29
Use props
Alfred koh
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-29 01:56
Thank you for your feedback. Please also try to restore the air unit to factory settings in the Goggles. Our engineers will optimize the issue.

Hi Dji Thor,

It reset back to factory setting. Will the firmware go back to the previous version? Or it will stay at the current?
2020-4-29
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules