Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyRacer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey,

any information or rumors about the new Mavic Mini Firmware or SDK??
2020-4-17
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

probably never...having their attention on the mavic air 2 release i doubt the mini will get any new features or updates...we will be lucky if they fix the DJI Fly app.  And if the air 2 uses the DJI Go app, which most probably will be the case, then i guess the fly app will be left as an unsuccessful experiment to simple down things.
2020-4-17
Use props
Francoisd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

sbonev Posted at 4-17 01:29
probably never...having their attention on the mavic air 2 release i doubt the mini will get any new features or updates...we will be lucky if they fix the DJI Fly app.  And if the air 2 uses the DJI Go app, which most probably will be the case, then i guess the fly app will be left as an unsuccessful experiment to simple down things.

I've seen somewhere that the app for the air @ would be Dji Fly, perhaps would we get a better app if it's used for more than only the mini...
2020-4-17
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

sbonev Posted at 4-17 01:29
probably never...having their attention on the mavic air 2 release i doubt the mini will get any new features or updates...we will be lucky if they fix the DJI Fly app.  And if the air 2 uses the DJI Go app, which most probably will be the case, then i guess the fly app will be left as an unsuccessful experiment to simple down things.

Rumours say that Fly app is used for Air2.
2020-4-17
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

virtual Posted at 4-17 01:44

That would be hilarious....
2020-4-17
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

virtual Posted at 4-17 01:44

well if that is the case nobody would pay zoom price for crappy performance
2020-4-17
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Guorium Posted at 4-17 02:01
That would be hilarious....

Actually Fly app is labeled as go5 in phone, I guess it is because of upgraded 64bit architecture. I don't believe that it will look the same for MM and MA2. Even "beginners" with MM feel lack of functionality...
2020-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Francoisd Posted at 4-17 01:42
I've seen somewhere that the app for the air @ would be Dji Fly, perhaps would we get a better app if it's used for more than only the mini...

I’ve heard similar and as long as app is improved it will be fine for Mavic air 2 and improved for mini, I hear very few not all but few complaining about app and as someone who uses both go4 and fly I have not had a signal problem, I also like the interface of fly app.
It has been quite common for dji to issues FW updates whe new drones are released, so hopefully we might see an update for mini FW.
2020-4-17
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

taken from the leaked manual

How to prepare for takeoff
Press the remote control’s power button once to check the current battery level. Try once, then press again and hold to turn the remote control on / off.
Press the smart flight battery on / off button once to check the current battery level. Press once, then press again and hold to turn the aircraft on / off.
Open the DJI Fly.
2020-4-17
Use props
G-a-n-t-z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476591 ft
Russia

I corresponded with support yesterday, this is the answer
2020-4-17
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Man some of these replys are worse then children, DJI has posted a few times now that the SDK got moved. We now know it's because of a new drone launching, updates will continue after.

Have some patients, the next fw update and SDK will be coming soon.
2020-4-17
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Bezik Posted at 4-17 04:00
taken from the leaked manual

How to prepare for takeoff

Do You have link to the manual?
2020-4-17
Use props
Frehme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25617 ft
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 02:59
I’ve heard similar and as long as app is improved it will be fine for Mavic air 2 and improved for mini, I hear very few not all but few complaining about app and as someone who uses both go4 and fly I have not had a signal problem, I also like the interface of fly app.
It has been quite common for dji to issues FW updates whe new drones are released, so hopefully we might see an update for mini FW.

The DJI Fly app is not bad. They just need to improve the visibility of the upper information at the app screen, like sattelite numbers, battery status, wifi level...
As all these information are in white color, it is not possible to see them when flying at bright sky.
As now  the Mavic Air 2 will use the same App, maybe they work on this.
2020-4-17
Use props
fanse6f2cb67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119288 ft
Australia

Having never really used the Go app, I'm used to the Fly app and have no real issue with it.

Depends on the person, I guess.
2020-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Frehme Posted at 4-17 04:58
The DJI Fly app is not bad. They just need to improve the visibility of the upper information at the app screen, like sattelite numbers, battery status, wifi level...
As all these information are in white color, it is not possible to see them when flying at bright sky.
As now  the Mavic Air 2 will use the same App, maybe they work on this.

Go4 uses green and yellow can’t see on bright days in direct sunlight, using shades help .
2020-4-17
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 4-17 04:28
Do You have link to the manual?

manual leak article
2020-4-17
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Bezik Posted at 4-17 06:45
manual leak article

Found that brazilian leak, thanks.
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, Mavic Mini still doesn't support SDK and there is no estimated time confirmed, we will post the releases notes in Forum once the new firmware is released. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2020-4-19
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Turkey

Fly app doesn't even have freaking Panorama. Something I shot everyday with the Spark. I really regret buying another half-baked DJI product. Years later, less functonality.
2020-4-20
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

ulfw Posted at 4-20 04:26
Fly app doesn't even have freaking Panorama. Something I shot everyday with the Spark. I really regret buying another half-baked DJI product. Years later, less functonality.

I know its still annoying, but if you have a windows PC, you can try this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/

Worked quite great for my mini.
2020-4-20
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the Mavic Air 2 is released as rumored on 27 Apr and if the MA2 uses the Fly App as rumored then the most likely time for a MM firmware update would be just after the update to the Fly App which adds support the rumored MA2.

Cross your fingers that MM gets a firmware update around that time.
2020-4-20
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Turkey

thE29 Posted at 4-20 05:33
I know its still annoying, but if you have a windows PC, you can try this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/computational-photography-applications/image-composite-editor/

Worked quite great for my mini.

I use Photoshop. It's not about stitching the Panorama pics that I have an issue with. It's that Fly App doesn't automatically take 3x3 shots.
When I do it manually it takes five times as long to accurately rearrange the camera and thus I get crappy results compared to the Spark and Mavic Airs I had before.
2020-4-22
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ulfw Posted at 4-22 07:48
I use Photoshop. It's not about stitching the Panorama pics that I have an issue with. It's that Fly App doesn't automatically take 3x3 shots.
When I do it manually it takes five times as long to accurately rearrange the camera and thus I get crappy results compared to the Spark and Mavic Airs I had before.

again, you should have known the limits before...
2020-4-22
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

G-a-n-t-z Posted at 4-17 04:16
[view_image]
I corresponded with support yesterday, this is the answer

What is SDK?
2020-4-22
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

The SDK are the specifications that allow you to develop an app that interacts with the drone and the controller.
It would allow to have those functions that Dji Fly does not have, compatibly with the available hardware.
2020-4-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Software Development Kit
2020-4-22
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Turkey

UweE Posted at 4-22 08:08
again, you should have known the limits before...

Dude it's a software (client side APP!) limitation, not a firmware or let alone hardware limitation.
2020-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules